R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2016, 04:12 AM   #61
Tech Addict
 
1spunspur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Carquinez striaghts
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good post G-rem. Looks like Roche is not afraid to step out of the norm.
__________________
P./
1spunspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:46 AM   #62
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

New thread for 235mm car

Roche Rapide P10W 1/10 235mm Competition Pan Car Kit
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #63
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 674
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey folks

Had one of these lying around on my shelf for ages. I want to try this out on asphalt and don't want to put it on the track with my Montech m10 body so I bought a Blitz 200mm nitro VDS style body for it and noticed it's much narrower. Measured things up and seems the outer edges of my wheels actually 190mm not 200mm. Have I missed something here? Thought the car was 200mm
__________________
On-Road - Xray T4'17 / Serpent 4-X / Tamiya Exo6 / Roche P12 & F1 / Schumacher Mi6Evo / Awesomatix A800 / Xpress XQ1
4WD - Kyosho ZX6 / Yokomo YZ4 *** eBuggy - Tekno EB48SL
2WD - AE B5M (XFactory Chassis) / Kyosho RB6 / TLR 22 2.0 / Yokomo YZ2
SCT - Tekno SCT410 / Losi 22SCT 2.0
WagwanBumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:15 AM   #64
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

The car is 200mm. Setup and axle shims used to adjust it..
Front end is usually a bit narrower.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:21 AM   #65
Tech Regular
 
pphaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 478
Default

This car will take a "normal size" 2S battery pack (similar to those used in touring cars)? I'm sure the 235mm version will, but the 200mm as well?

Also, do you have to unscrew the front shock brace to get the battery out? Not sure about that, but might be better than tape, in some ways...

Is there a 2016 (2017?) version coming? I'm kind of interested, but Zen-Racing, the UK distributor, is out of stock, which at this time of year sometimes means there might be a new version...
__________________
XRay X10'16, Roche Rapide P10W, Roche Rapide P12-2017, Carisma GT24R
https://pro10racing.co.uk/ - https://www.facebook.com/Pro10RacingUK/
pphaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:34 AM   #66
Tech Regular
 
pphaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 478
Default

Oh, another question: the pod bulkheads, are they common parts with the P12? This is a problem with my Xray X10'16, it's very hard to get the ride height to be low enough without truing the tires to death. 54mm is the biggest possible tire diameter, and only gets me down to 5mm (I'd prefer 4mm!). I see other racers with old Associated 10R5.1 cars running 56mm tires and 4mm ride height...

I'm being a bit let down by the second-rate support the X10 is getting from Xray. Tt's not a bad car, but it mainly gets components from the X12 part bins, like those bulkheads, and it has some weaknesses that just don't get much attention from the Xray folks (sloppy front end, which has a non-standard hole distance, so it cannot be replaced with a Xenon one, for example), it seems. The specially designed steering rack, and a 235mm car being worked on seems to indicate that these are getting the attention they deserve! So, it's interesting...

Thanks in advance!
__________________
XRay X10'16, Roche Rapide P10W, Roche Rapide P12-2017, Carisma GT24R
https://pro10racing.co.uk/ - https://www.facebook.com/Pro10RacingUK/
pphaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:51 AM   #67
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphaneuf View Post
This car will take a "normal size" 2S battery pack (similar to those used in touring cars)? I'm sure the 235mm version will, but the 200mm as well?

Also, do you have to unscrew the front shock brace to get the battery out? Not sure about that, but might be better than tape, in some ways...

Is there a 2016 (2017?) version coming? I'm kind of interested, but Zen-Racing, the UK distributor, is out of stock, which at this time of year sometimes means there might be a new version...
Stick pack fits
Must need to unscrew
Don't know about a new version... I think the p10w must release first
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:52 AM   #68
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphaneuf View Post
Oh, another question: the pod bulkheads, are they common parts with the P12? This is a problem with my Xray X10'16, it's very hard to get the ride height to be low enough without truing the tires to death. 54mm is the biggest possible tire diameter, and only gets me down to 5mm (I'd prefer 4mm!). I see other racers with old Associated 10R5.1 cars running 56mm tires and 4mm ride height...

I'm being a bit let down by the second-rate support the X10 is getting from Xray. Tt's not a bad car, but it mainly gets components from the X12 part bins, like those bulkheads, and it has some weaknesses that just don't get much attention from the Xray folks (sloppy front end, which has a non-standard hole distance, so it cannot be replaced with a Xenon one, for example), it seems. The specially designed steering rack, and a 235mm car being worked on seems to indicate that these are getting the attention they deserve! So, it's interesting...

Thanks in advance!
Bulkheads are different but 1/12 drill pattern first. P10 are higher so shims aren't needed below the axle holders
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #69
Tech Regular
 
pphaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 478
Default

Is there a foam bumper that fits the P10 well? Not sure if I'm confident enough in my driving to go without...
__________________
XRay X10'16, Roche Rapide P10W, Roche Rapide P12-2017, Carisma GT24R
https://pro10racing.co.uk/ - https://www.facebook.com/Pro10RacingUK/
pphaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:29 PM   #70
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphaneuf View Post
Is there a foam bumper that fits the P10 well? Not sure if I'm confident enough in my driving to go without...
Negative
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #71
Tech Regular
 
pphaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphaneuf View Post
Is there a 2016 (2017?) version coming? I'm kind of interested, but Zen-Racing, the UK distributor, is out of stock, which at this time of year sometimes means there might be a new version...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Don't know about a new version... I think the p10w must release first
I'm still having trouble getting a P10, and now they've actually hinted that there might be a new model coming...

They're not going to let me run a P10W at the BRCA Nationals!
__________________
XRay X10'16, Roche Rapide P10W, Roche Rapide P12-2017, Carisma GT24R
https://pro10racing.co.uk/ - https://www.facebook.com/Pro10RacingUK/
pphaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:52 AM   #72
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 16
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What is needed to convert this to rubber WGT-R tires?
tim_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #73
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s View Post
What is needed to convert this to rubber WGT-R tires?
hi tim - i havent tried this myself -- but u suspect you really just need a bunch of shims. 1) for the front end plate to raise it up 2) for the rear end axle carriers + some long screws
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #74
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ruber tyre version (F1 tyres) on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Some updates to the general car, looks good! I like the look of the Volante F1 wheels, very nice.
__________________
Scott Tapsall
Queensland Radio Circuit Car Racing Association
Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #75
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Suggested servo to drop-in the P10? I was going to use a Spektrum A5040 I had lying around doing nothing, which as I recall is a pretty standard 1/12th scale-sized servo. The narrow set of mounting holes on the chassis is quite a bit wider than this servo.
biz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net