Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ROAR, your incompetence is showing again... >

ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

what I love is going to events that advertise ROAR Rules Apply (non ROAR event) and find major infractions of the rules being followed....

and then, I read ROAR rules are inconsistent and vague to understand......

A track in this state is about to hold a race and has advertised ROAR rules will apply... although, this track allows soaking tires in diesel fuel and lighting them up to gain traction... this track also allows cutting of tires of one class to fit another class....

and then, what will happen is .... ROAR rules suck...

LOL
Old 10-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Oh my.....switching to Li-Po's will do nothing to save anyone money.

First, everyone will have to get a new charger! Great......thousands of chargers, that are completely worthless.

Second, while offroad won't be hit.....onroad sedans will have to be completely redesign for better weight balance, as most rely on the batteries to be offset with the mo tor and electronics......sweet! New cars for everyone (hey, the losi might not need it though!)....and don't tell me the Lipo companies are gonna make the cell work for rc....they could give a rats ass about it.

Third, do you REALLY think battery matchers are not going to find a way to increase the performance of the cells, while also making sure the cells are matched. People like having the BEST in RC.....thats just the way it works. Companies like SMC and Orion will figure it out and we will be buying the same high performance packs....

Fourth, Lipo batterys, like any battery.....will fade.....just look at your camera or cell phone lithium batteries...so people will fresh packs will have an advantage...

Fifth, guys can buy pretty good 3700 or 3800 packs for $50.....a 3700 Lipo is $75-90....

long ways till we even need to start an arguement.......especially one that will leave the consumers with a hefty bill to remain competitive...

Later EddieO
I've been using Lipoly's in my transmitter, helis and planes for years...I can leave a pack unused for months and go back to it and it works great...one entire summer of none electric racing and my NiMH numbers are not the same as they were when I used them last...

You can purchase a Lipoly charger for less than $100. I'm not saying lets start an arguement...what I'm saying is just as the brushless systems are making their way into electric racing....so will Lipoly's....that's a fact.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
what I love is going to events that advertise ROAR Rules Apply (non ROAR event) and find major infractions of the rules being followed....

A track in this state is about to hold a race and has advertised ROAR rules will apply... although, this track allows soaking tires in diesel fuel and lighting them up to gain traction... this track also allows cutting of tires of one class to fit another class....

LOL
I've always been a big fan of the lighter fluid, heat'em up traction compound

If anything...you have to admit one thing.....ROAR consistantly provides comic relief during the business day........even Jamesscam can agree with me on that
Old 10-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

you see now why I always liked Dawn lol.....like I said earlier, try to find any one else involved in roar that tries to help members(or even non members) like she does
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
No i'm not kidding...section 1.1.4 of the ROAR rule book specifically states....oh yeah, that's right your not a ROAR member until I demonstrate ROAR has satisfied your points of importance...

So you know...the rules are copyrighted and clearly the property of ROAR. Which means written consent is needed in order to use said rules at a non-ROAR snactioned event....

I find it ironic that so many so-called non-ROAR events which have gained in popularity continue to mock ROAR sanctioned events as meaningless, when they want to use ROAR guidlines...

ROAR needs to run itself like a business in order to provide the level of services your complaining we fail in!!!!!!!
Carl - Again, missing my point! I know what it says in rule 1.1.4, but your comments of going after tracks that are not ROAR sanctioned and use ROAR guidelines, is moronic... That would be great for the promotion of ROAR! and regretfully I AM a ROAR member...

Do you guys offer some kind of prorated refund...?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Doug...my goal would be to raise additional funds for ROAR where funds are not being raised, for the sole purpose to hire someone full-time to promote ROAR and its events.

I see no harm in charging a fee for the use of ROAR rules at a non-ROAR sanctioned event. Pick a number....$100 for the use of by a non-affilated club to legally use ROAR rules.

otherwise, the alternative is too raise ROAR fees??? or cut expenses...until we have a chance to dig into the allocation of funds, we have no idea where we can save money...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez

LOL
Awww shit..... I beginning to likr a ROAR official...

Dawn, your post is exactly on the money for a lot of races that I go to.. Even Tamiya TCS uses some of ROAR rules.....
Old 10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Doug...my goal would be to raise additional funds for ROAR where funds are not being raised, for the sole purpose to hire someone full-time to promote ROAR and its events.

I see no harm in charging a fee for the use of ROAR rules at a non-ROAR sanctioned event. Pick a number....$100 for the use of by a non-affilated club to legally use ROAR rules.

otherwise, the alternative is too raise ROAR fees??? or cut expenses...until we have a chance to dig into the allocation of funds, we have no idea where we can save money...
My goal is to wake up breathing every morning first...
Then let my 3 Iggies out to go potty while I do the same...
Then think about bashing ROAR..
Old 10-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Awww shit..... I beginning to likr a ROAR official...

I have a friend!!!!

Most tracks do use ROAR rules, to a point... what I hate is seeing the ones that advertise ROAR rules, never sign up for ROAR and then complain about ROAR rules.

Trust me... I'll take notes at the next race at the track I mentioned above.. its hysterical.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Carl,

I agree, so don't hate me with this next post!

If ROAR "WERE" to follow through with charging to use the ROAR RULES and GUIDLINES, could the host track change some or parts of the rules WITHOUT asking ROAR first?

But on the other hand... That may lead someone to start thier own sanctioning body. Which may not be that bad of a deal either.

Well off to the road heading to "The GATE"

God I will have 10 pages to read Mon. when I get back in! THANKS ROAR! LOL
Old 10-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What happens if clubs do not pay the fee? Are you really suggesting to go after them? The result would be a stack of legal fees that would far outweight the $100.

ROAR will be saving $50k anually by not mailing out Rev Up. If membership dues were raised $5 that would be an incremental $30k annually. This creates an annual budget of $80k in which to promote ROAR. However early indications show that Rick will use this money on a Nationals commitee. While I understand that Nationals in the golden egg of ROAR, IMHO growing ROAR exposure would do more for everyone in the long run.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:28 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From my understanding its not a nationals committee per say, but a crew of paid individuals charged with the entire process of running a Roar national event. Its a good thing because now Roar will be solely accountable for its races.

The biggest issue with Roar at the moment is communication or lack thereof, which not so coincidentally is the issue that started this thread. It doesn't take a fat checkbook to actually get someone to post meeting minutes, and update websites with currently accurate information about the club. This productive communication is not happening at the moment and in my opinion is the root of the majority of all anti-roar sentiment.

Conducting meetings like a business and posting the results of those meetings is not a daunting task requiring an $80K annual budget.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teambighead
We'll have a contest.....

I signed Peter up for as many "free" subscriptions as I could find online.... "Victoria's Secret" and other high quality "literature".

Any bets on what shows up first??
hahaha, thanks chris
Old 10-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver
I was only mentioning that Peter had options to check on his address -rather than starting this rather rude topic.
He could have found other more mature ways to find out answers. But hey, he's your employee and you're running for regional director.

ROAR is going thru some changes and hopefully will be for the better. They are not and never will be the answer to all the problems in racing. The majority of the problems are from racers, manufactureres, track owners, spectators, hmmm, did I leave anyone out?
But we're all in this for one thing-to improve racing- we all have to find new ways-not how it was 10, 15 years ago. How it is now and what will make it better.

Those who got their ballots-vote-if you didn't get a ballot-find out the right way to get one.
There are also other elections in this nation-I hope all of you are registered for that election and take the time to voice your opinion that way too.
wwhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

im so immature, someone please help me grow up. so i posted my feelings on the problems i am encountering with recieving my rev-up and the fact that the ballot issue is not online yet, and look i got a response in less than an hour from (and this is probably the only time i will make a positive comment towards dawn) the only ROAR offical that makes an effort the respond to members. im glad the people are getting their rev-ups, im glad that andrew got his rev-up too, he's so great... but i still dont have mine.

two emails to fred... one yesterday, one today... no response yet... my guess is that i will be checking out the fall collection from victoria's secret before i get to vote for my region director.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

whaaaa I don't have mine either-just pointing out that we are at the same address... . But there is still time. Nothing to worry about I'm sure. We all have options in this world on how to handle problems-polite, rude, mature, immature or ??? Relax and enjoy....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.