Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ROAR, your incompetence is showing again... >

ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Dawn -

"David Lee
ROAR Director of Competition

We reworded the rules on foam tires at the ROAR meeting 10 days ago to make it clear the JACO two stage tire complies. They have been racing it in our events for a little over an entire season of racing.

THE CHAMPS HAVE ALWAYS USED THE ROAR RULES AS A GUIDELINE FOR THE RACE SO IN LIGHT OF THIS RULING WE WILL ALLOW THE JACO 2STAGE TIRES AT THE INDOOR CHAMPS"

This statement came from Mr. Bill on 10/24, which means on 10/14 two stage foams were clearly written into ROAR Rules as being legal. This is one of the biggest problems I see with ROAR, continuous confusion and people commenting on issues that really have no idea on what is going on...
Old 10-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
I want to promote ROAR and to see ROAR succeed. If ROAR's priorities and the priorities I feel a rc racing organization should have lined up they could have my chest pumping $30

If you are curious here are what I think the priorities should be...

1. Grow the popularity of RC racing!
2. Help get costs under control!
3. Communicate with members!
4. Have a predictable set of rules!

In my opinion ROAR's priorities are...

1. Nationals
2. Catering to their base of hardcore racers.

I do not think there is anything wrong with these two priorities but I do not think these priorities will get ROAR to the next level. Also keep in mind that I am not the most qualified to define their priorities, I can only say what is important to me and what would get that $30 out of my greedy hands.
So if I can demonstrate that somewhere, ROAR has championed for what's important to you, based on your order of priorites...will we get your $$$
Old 10-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

I think this is all anyone could ask for and a good example of character.

do I infer you question my character therefore my integrity because I became frustrated as any normal human might??

I'm sure that's not your suggestion.......
Old 10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug D
Dawn -

"David Lee

We reworded the rules on foam tires at the ROAR meeting 10 days ago to make it clear the JACO two stage tire complies. They have been racing it in our events for a little over an entire season of racing.

THE CHAMPS HAVE ALWAYS USED THE ROAR RULES AS A GUIDELINE FOR THE RACE SO IN LIGHT OF THIS RULING WE WILL ALLOW THE JACO 2STAGE TIRES AT THE INDOOR CHAMPS"

This statement came from Mr. Bill on 10/24, which means on 10/14 two stage foams were clearly written into ROAR Rules as being legal. This is one of the biggest problems I see with ROAR, continuous confusion and people commenting on issues that really have not idea on what is going on...

DOUG ... AND AS I STATED, IF I AM INCORRECT, ALLOW MY APOLOGY TO END THE CONVERSATION.

I will state, that is NOT how I recall the resolution to the matter during the Excomm meeting and I plan to investigate that very statement you posted.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I suppose you missed my response...

Originally Posted by JKA
jamescam - Actually I've been beating that point down their throats for months. I knew it wasn't in Black and white except hidden in some forum posts here and there. I just don't get on here and stick out my "internet chest" like some of you roosters.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Dawn: as I'm not as versed with the ROAR rule book as you are...I'm am versed in the legal consequences of over stepping one bounds throughout Corporate America...the problem is no-one has enforced a fee to non-sanctioned events use of the ROAR rules...PERHAPS WE NEED TO...the incremental income should be put to use for a higher promotional budget..
Are you kidding me????...

I think ROAR has a whole lotta others issues to worry about before ever thinking they could go after a track for using "your" rules...
Old 10-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
I have requested ONE additional mailing of RevUp with an announcement of online only to clear up this matter.

could we let that drop now??

thanks!
Let's not cost ROAR more $ that could be used to promote the hobby just so you have it in print, unless that is the only way you feel you could communicate with members.

I am all for letting it drop, I am just holding out for JKA to say something that rhymes with "Fall Snail SugaredHam".
Old 10-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
do I infer you question my character therefore my integrity because I became frustrated as any normal human might??

I'm sure that's not your suggestion.......
No, I was simply saying "it was big of you to apologize". Geez, one or two anti-ROAR posts and suddenly I'm the bad guy
Old 10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Let's not cost ROAR more $ that could be used to promote the hobby just so you have it in print, unless that is the only way you feel you could communicate with members.
Rules state RevUp or Website.... either way works.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Dawn -

"David Lee

This statement came from Mr. Bill on 10/24, which means on 10/14 two stage foams were clearly written into ROAR Rules as being legal. This is one of the biggest problems I see with ROAR, continuous confusion and people commenting on issues that really have not idea on what is going on...
Regardless of when the rule was officially changed, Mr. Bill's position on the legality of the tires was based on his interprtation of a rule. He has the right as a race director to decide what's permitted or not permitted. If he was unsure as to what to do, he could have called someone at ROAR for advise...maybe he did, but the timing of ROAR decision and his decision crossed?

In any event, I disagree that this incident is an example of ROAR's inconsistancy...all the back and forth on the Jaco thread was from non-ROAR officials.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

ok, first of all.. we did not REWORD the rules... dang.. talk about promotional nightmare with that terminology...

we cleared up the vagueness of the rule and if the Jaco 2-stage tires follow the rules and are not considered capped, then they are ROAR legal.

I still don't get it... are the Jaco 2 stage tires, two glued on tires or how are they manufactured? Just asking for my own education... relax... if ROAR says they are legal, they are...

Although, Indoor Champs is not a ROAR sanctioned event, is it?? We appreciate the following of the rules but hard to begin to argue something that isn't even ROAR related.

What's funny is that statement was supposed to come from the ROAR President and the Excomm was directed as that..... oh well.....
Old 10-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Carl - you have a PM.....
Old 10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Carl - Your missing my point completely...

As I said earlier, "continuous confusion"....
Old 10-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Oh my.....switching to Li-Po's will do nothing to save anyone money.

First, everyone will have to get a new charger! Great......thousands of chargers, that are completely worthless.

Second, while offroad won't be hit.....onroad sedans will have to be completely redesign for better weight balance, as most rely on the batteries to be offset with the mo tor and electronics......sweet! New cars for everyone (hey, the losi might not need it though!)....and don't tell me the Lipo companies are gonna make the cell work for rc....they could give a rats ass about it.

Third, do you REALLY think battery matchers are not going to find a way to increase the performance of the cells, while also making sure the cells are matched. People like having the BEST in RC.....thats just the way it works. Companies like SMC and Orion will figure it out and we will be buying the same high performance packs....

Fourth, Lipo batterys, like any battery.....will fade.....just look at your camera or cell phone lithium batteries...so people will fresh packs will have an advantage...

Fifth, guys can buy pretty good 3700 or 3800 packs for $50.....a 3700 Lipo is $75-90....

long ways till we even need to start an arguement.......especially one that will leave the consumers with a hefty bill to remain competitive...

Later EddieO
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Are you kidding me????...

I think ROAR has a whole lotta others issues to worry about before ever thinking they could go after a track for using "your" rules...
No i'm not kidding...section 1.1.4 of the ROAR rule book specifically states....oh yeah, that's right your not a ROAR member until I demonstrate ROAR has satisfied your points of importance...

So you know...the rules are copyrighted and clearly the property of ROAR. Which means written consent is needed in order to use said rules at a non-ROAR snactioned event....

I find it ironic that so many so-called non-ROAR events which have gained in popularity continue to mock ROAR sanctioned events as meaningless, when they want to use ROAR guidlines...

ROAR needs to run itself like a business in order to provide the level of services your complaining we fail in!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.