Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ROAR, your incompetence is showing again... >

ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JonboyGB
I’ve seen this happen before. Does this not happen when the cars cross the line just as the time runs out?

Regardless, ROAR rules stat that races are 5 minutes long, so why did that race end before time was up? The lapcounting system will not end the race early for no reason. A local racer won the race, so maybe that played a role.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default insinuation

If by local racer, you mean from Florida, yeah, that's Tim K, from Plantation, near Fort Lauderdale. Looks like you both made the cutoff then didn't finish the last lap and pulled into pit row. Please don't insinuate that you finished second in the E main because of favoritism, hence the reference to being a local racer. Joe ran a great, fair program and Tim is a clean competitive racer and a friend. Do you remember hearing the statement," Drivers, finish the lap you are on, keep racing until I call your name,"? Kenny Holmes said it in EVERY heat, every main, all weekend long. I'll ask Tim if he remembers anything about it. If you'd kept racing and he pulled in you could have won. I, in turn, DNF'd the F main and turn marshalled your Main, and don't seem to recall any controversy at the time......let it go......Do they favor the locals at your track? In addition, is this even the right thread for complaints about an event from several weeks ago? I will give you credit for posting with your name, though. A lot of guys hide their name and have tons of keyboard courage!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
I know it was in a lower main, but how could a race end in under 5 minutes?:

http://www.roarracing.org/results/na...dnationals.txt

stock E

only way to figure that is you were told you were done and you weren't... your time is at 4:59 yet others on the same lap were over 5:00. the scorekeeper saw his mistake and ensured the top two gained those spots because you both would have certainly made another lap if you weren't told you were done....

of course, you had the right to protest that within 15 minutes of the finish of that race if you felt you had won over the other guy... both of you didn't take your final lap.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not worried about it. No protest or anything like that. We were told the race was over. Those are the official results.

But

It is an example of how all racers aren't treated equal. Not everything was teched like promised, certain racers got in free practice, ect... I paid my ROAR fees hoping that there would have been more organization. I guess it's my fault for holding ROAR to any expectations.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Chad, I do not know what you mean by all racers being treated equal . There was a large majority of racers from Fla at that race, and I can tell you nobody that I knew got preferential treatment.

I know for a fact they teched my batteries 3 times in 12th scale, as the tape was cut on my car in 3 out of 4 rounds. You are one of the only people that have made any negative comments about this race....
Old 10-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Tim, I sucked it up all week. That's not why I'm sour. I'm trying to make the point that unless you make the A or B main, ROAR doesn't care about you. I could have easily ran 3700's wrapped in 3300 labels. They didn't tech for that in the lower mains.

The announcer said "Tim is done, Chad is done..." so we pulled off. Then about 10 minutes later, I found out that the race was never finished. Do you think that would have happened in a higher main? NO!!!!! That's because ROAR and the track don't care about the guys who aren't factory or have affiliates with the manufactures. The race director was in favor of locals all week. That's just the way it is. And that's where ROAR should have stepped in and said that everyone has to follow the rules.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:34 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've seen certain software score a racer as finished when they cross the line just at the tone. The software most likely scored you guys as finished even though it only read 4:59.xx. I've seen this on more than one occasion with more than one tye of scoring software..
Old 10-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Chad , im not sure what your flappin lip for . I dont know why your race time was 4:59 , you should have checked the sheet after your race and brought it to my attention . As for not treating everyone equal , me and you now have a problem !!!!! I busted my a$$ to make this race fun and fair . Cars were teched in all mains , and even your " lower main" . And yes , even batteries were teched . And as for treating the factory guys better than others , thats BS . I am harder on them because I expect more out of them because they should know better !!!!!!! And one more thing , the track was never available to anyone for practice unless it was available to everyone . Thats the biggest line of BS ive seen in a long time .

And just to set the record straight , I am responsible for what happened at Speedline , Good or bad . Racers are quick to jump on ROAR about anythjing they have a problem with . Most things ive seen guys whine about , is ultimately the host track responsibility !!!!!

If you have any other problems , please feel free to let me know .
Old 10-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hmm, I race at Speedline quite often and if you ask me,i think Joe made it very fair and really evened it up by going with a style of layout that really threw off the locals.i thought that was really cool.the layouts are usually alot more tight and technical.that layout required a completely different set up for the people who run on it weekly.i know i spent countless hours working on my setup to get the car the way i wanted it just like i would have to on a track out of state.

As for Tech,they were extremely strict on all cars.I was in the D main but never the less,my car was teched 100% for the heats and the main.this is in no way a knock at anyone.i just feel that given the dumpy weather and all the work that had to be done to keep the race happening,i thought that the nats went extremely smoothe and had alot of fun.

just my .02
Old 10-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedlinehobbie
Chad , im not sure what your flappin lip for . I dont know why your race time was 4:59 , you should have checked the sheet after your race and brought it to my attention . As for not treating everyone equal , me and you now have a problem !!!!! I busted my a$$ to make this race fun and fair . Cars were teched in all mains , and even your " lower main" . And yes , even batteries were teched . And as for treating the factory guys better than others , thats BS . I am harder on them because I expect more out of them because they should know better !!!!!!! And one more thing , the track was never available to anyone for practice unless it was available to everyone . Thats the biggest line of BS ive seen in a long time .

And just to set the record straight , I am responsible for what happened at Speedline , Good or bad . Racers are quick to jump on ROAR about anythjing they have a problem with . Most things ive seen guys whine about , is ultimately the host track responsibility !!!!!

If you have any other problems , please feel free to let me know .

I think that Joe treated everybody the same local or not, If I recal correctly Joe even let a racer from out of state borrow his MI2 so that racer could race that event, I think his name was Paul but I could be wrong.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Chad that has to be the most ignorant comment I have seen on here in quite sometime. I am not local to Speedline, although I am in Florida and I have to tell you that Joe is known around the state as probabaly the person who puts on the best show, including strict and fair teching.

I did not have a good weekend myself.....broke several parts and like you had to deal with the poor weather..something he had no control over.

Not sure why you are so sour, but I guess you are basically saying that if you could have run 3800's you would have done better.....

Butter
Old 10-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Butter- I guess you got power???

Chad- It's funny you're bitching about the E-Main I had the worse week ever and only got 1 run in and DNS'd the other 3. So I only made the F-Main trust me I'm alot faster than that and I finished 3rd so what did I do??? I offered my trophy to the guy who finished behind me cause to him it ment something. Hey give it up Chad and if I was you I'd appologize to Joe who did a kick a$$ job all week with this race.

Roly
Old 10-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Yup..finally up and running permanently appearantly...I have had power on and off for 3 days...thats almost worse than having none at all!! Such a tease....fortunately the weather has been cool so open windows are not too bad....the only problem is the Loxahatchee Air Force...(Mosquitos)....

How are you guys in MIA? do you have power?

Butter
Old 10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Butter- I had power Tuesday morning but I've been at work all week and when I say all week I mean 12hrs+ a day 7 days a week

Roly
Old 10-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

wow! in all my years of racing and dealing with reps from roar...dawn is at the top of my list for someone easy to deal with and she shows great interest in these little cars and the big kids who race them for bowling trophies. dawn deserves better guys!

#1 i am willing to pay 50.00 a year for roar IF they would provide a tech dept,a lap top with a data base and timing and scoring system installed on it and used for all national level events. tech includes someone with a knowledge of the rules and is willing to inforce them fairly.

#2 please keep the battery program you have now in place and inforced. i love knowing that once a year new cells can be introduced. this eliminates the worry of buying different batteries mid year.

#3 please do away with the 5 page rev up that everyone complains about. we all have computers or we all have access to a computer even if it's in a public library.

#4 make the registered roar tracks be responsible for submitting race results and articles of interest. let the tracks promote there tracks on a roar web-site. but please keep the web site up to date and fun to visit. roar member or not! stop fencing out those who may want to be a member but have no idea what roar is.

#5 please stop changing rules every other month. unless something crazy pops up start the year with a set of rules and stick to them for an entire year. and please keep oranges racing with oranges and the apples with apples.

#6 when looking for tracks to host a national event maybe it's time to start looking at the track and the area and what it has to offer outside of racing? regional events should have more of an impact on a local level. the nationals need to be in populated areas with the family in mind as well as providing something to do when the race day is over.

how does roar compete with the snowbirds and cleveland? what do these races provide that roar does not? 90% of the r/c manufactures try to comply with roar rules, but the largest races are not roar races? what happens when 90% of the r/c companies ignore roar rules and build new motors and batteries every month? when does the hobby get too damn expensive for the avg racer? i think if you let the inmates run the asylum the avg racer will not be able to afford new batteries and motors each month... so yeah roar is the devil today...but there could be larger problems on the horizon if there isn't a organization like roar to impose guidlines and rules for the racer and the manufacturer alike.

i like roar providing rules and regulations and i'm glad there there!

BUT i can't stand rules imposed weeks before a national and allowing motors with two completely different rules racing for a title head to head. i can't stand the fence they throw up when they get heat for why they did something. i can't stand the cheesy rev up issue that arrives 2 months late with nothing in it. national events being run by a different tech dept and official at every race. knee jerk decisions on rules... and the people who are in the firing line day in and day out are the ones in our regions and there not paid squat!

region directors should attend as many races as they can and there job description should be laid out for them. promote roar / sign up new members/ answer questions related to roar and be compensated for there efforts.

50.00 i want
a kick ass web site
a roar tech dept that goes to the national events
a scoring system and data base provided by roar at national events
a national event in a area that provides things to do outside of racing
regional directors who are paid and provide knowledge and guidance
a set of rules each year that don't change race to race
send the rule books to the tracks and keep a copy of the rules on the web site. the rule book changes every year, by the time i get a copy it's out of date. save that money from rev up and the rule book and put it to good use!
instead of forcing the racer to join roar you guys need to make it so we want to join roar. look at what makes the non sanctioned races popular and learn from them.

now i'm sure track owners want things as well......i only know what i want,lol.

my grammar stinks and my spelling realy shows you all what i did in 8th grade. lol thanks bill

oh and i found out most of this the hard way...i try my best to run a oval series in florida and i think i made all those mistakes my first year and than some! and i thought i knew everything! man am i learning alot form running only 6 races a year! year two hase been alot better and the attendance is growing. thats a good thing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.