Old 01-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
Fukuyama anybody?
best in the business
Old 01-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by elmo6s
My $.02 on Maxamps - I have personally run 54 of his GP3700 cells through a Turbomatcher 4/35 and not one was 1.18. I know others have done the same, and I find it insulting, as a competitor, that he would sink to such levels. He buys his cells from Promatch and then zaps them using two junky zappers he got on ebay for $70! You can actually look them up on his feedback! I personally don't give a voltage claim because there is simply no way to know how high the voltage is on cells without matching them.
On R/C Universe we had this discussion with Austin, and he claimed he would change his advertising. Now, two months later, he hasn't changed it, and his newest cells, the IB3800s now have a voltage claim of their own, 1.19!

I don't usually like to talk about my competitors, but in this case I feel the need to speak my mind as it is something that really annoys me. I hope you guys will head my advice, and if you want some good, solid packs, be sure to check out www.BoomBoomBatteries.com

-Alex Berman,
Founder, Boom Boom Batteries
My $1.50

I don't like to get involved in this issues, but Alex has a point.
It is not right to claim that a product is AS GOOD or BETTER when it is not.
There is NO WAY to tell a battery voltage w/o testing.

The MaxAmps batteries are good batteries, as long as you know that you are buying non matched cells and the performance and quality control are not there. Yes, you could get lucky and get 6 good cells...but most matchers have low cost battery packs that are matched and will perform better.
If MaxAmpsis using the abovementioned zappers, they are not even pushing 80 Joules.

Last edited by BATT_MAN; 01-07-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the support Isaac. It just annoys me that Maxamps is generating sales because he claims that every one of his cells is a certain voltage. There is no way possible that every single IB 3800 he is selling is 1.2+ . And by the way, how did the voltage claim go from 1.18+ to 1.2+ on these cells? Perhaps poor sales?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Maxamps also only matches by voltage, not AIR, SEC's etc. As for Maxamps' newly claimed "1.19v or higher" for their IB3800, I don't think that would be out of reach by any means. The majority of IB3800 cells are 1.19v and over.

What pisses me off about Maxamps, is their poor eBay advertising.

EG - GP3800 GP3800 Matched, Tmaxx Tmaxx match IB3800 Matched.

Who's going to purchase from him with eBay titles like that? Honestly...
Old 01-07-2006, 07:16 PM
SC
Tech Adept

I have bought battery's recently from 3 matchers. 2 of which are rather visable here on these forums. I will say of the 3 I purchased from, Team Kellner Cell's as well as EA MotorSports has great stuff.

I wont mention the 3rd party I purchased from...but I'll tell you it wasnt maxamps.

SC
Old 01-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elmo6s
Thanks for the support Isaac. It just annoys me that Maxamps is generating sales because he claims that every one of his cells is a certain voltage. There is no way possible that every single IB 3800 he is selling is 1.2+ . And by the way, how did the voltage claim go from 1.18+ to 1.2+ on these cells? Perhaps poor sales?
I think what really sucks is a majority of people don't gave the equipment to give these cells a thorough testing. And the difference between the buyer's old cells and the new "super cells," is reason enough for them to assume that the batteries are in fact 1.2+. If you cruise through their negative feedback, you will notice that they are vastly compiled of "Didn't recieve my package," and "These are nowhere near 1.2+."
-Josh
Old 01-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by StasI
best in the business

Fukuyama anybody?
I believe they are out of business already. There are so many good battery matchers around nowadays. Battery matching really isn't that difficult and they all try to sell you good numbers. The ultimate question is where do they get rid of the weak cells then?

Last edited by RickyIS300; 01-08-2006 at 08:27 AM.