Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wareagle84
You'll want to use a little thread lock on the set screw to make sure it holds the pin in.
Thanks I will most definitely do that. I did not have time last night to take a look at it, anyone know if the pins are the same size as the pins that hold the hex on the wheel side? Just trying to make sure I have the parts to fix it before I get home.

Mike
Old 05-26-2016, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

I was able to take the car apart last night and the pin is the same size as the wheel pins 2x10mm. However there is a slot cut out so the set screw can seat. Any ideas where I can get these (sorry I cant attach a pic because I dont have enough posts)?

Mike
Old 05-29-2016, 06:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Lost the pin in my yeah cvd's too. Put my stock one back in until I source the correct pin.

So what is up with the stock hpi 75t spur gear being sold out everywhere? Are there direct replacements from someone else? I shredded mine I need a replacement.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Pretty sure I read somewhere in the printed instructions or Yeah Racings site to tighten the set screw before installing the CVDs. Or maybe it was just from experience...always check tightness on screws/nuts before installing, and use thread lock where necessary.

You can use any spur gear that has a 48 pitch. If you want your gearing to stay the same, you can use any 75t/48p gear. There are options out there.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

I did see that in the instructions. I forgot one, which flew out. Another one slipped out just enough to get caught on another part and bent. I know I tighten that one. Luckily I was able to straighten it out.

I thought that the spur needed to be from hpi because of mounting patteren. Good to know I can use others. Thanks
Old 05-29-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 4 bolt pattern is odd, you can use 2 screws on any of the universal 6 hole spurs. I've been running a Kimbrough with 2 screws for a while now.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok, do you think this will be good to go?

http://www.rcmart.com/kawada-s4875t-super-tough-spur-gear-p-16089.html

On another note, I want more grip on an asphalt surface...anyone have recommendations for some new tires and wheels?
Old 05-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Try some slicks, some 31mm wide wheels/tires or some competition rated tires.
Slicks would require the least modification as you could mount them to your current wheels.
Going with 31mm tires you'll have to get the right offset, get new hex hubs or a new body for them to look right.
Competition/racing tires are pretty much all 24mm thes days I think so again, you'll need new wheels, and have to worry about offset if you want them to look good.

Or you could try changing your shock fluid and springs and alignment. It's amazing what a properly tuned suspension and alignment setup can do for RC cars.
Adding some sway bars from an old RS4 is also an option as the new Sport 3 will fit them front and rear.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Hpi bought out, but not by traxxas.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/ripmax-buys-hpi-racing/
Old 05-31-2016, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Good. No more rumors.

From Ripmax:

Ripmax is delighted to announce the completion of a deal which sees the leading European model & hobby supplier taking over the HPI Racing brand and properties and securing HPI Racing for the future.

The company will retain the EU based global trading and logistics hub in Derbyshire, UK and will trade as “HPI Racing Ltd” with all the staff retained. The deal also preserves the world renowned Californian HPI DNA, establishing a new HPI Racing design house “HPI Racing Design, LLC” run by key HPI USA team members.

Ripmax CEO Nick Moss said, ‘Tatsuro Watanabe built up HPI from the ground up and credit must go to him for establishing HPI as a fantastic and truly worldwide brand. Ripmax have worked very hard to conclude this extremely complicated transaction, which will make a superb addition to our group of companies. We are really very excited about the prospect of nurturing and growing the HPI brand and working with the greatly experienced HPI teams both at Swadlincote and in the USA. Our intention is to change as little as possible, so that HPI remains as its own global brand, and continues producing its world leading products.’

HPI Racing fans and customers across the globe can now expect to see continually improving parts supply and customer service over the next few months as the company rallies back to health, with brand new products reaching shops not long after.

HPI will continue to embrace its well established distribution network so shops and distributors can continue to work with their existing HPI contacts. Fans of HPI are advised to keep checking with their favourite stores who will have continued HPI supply in stock soon.

Ritchie Dearden HPI’s MD said, “It is great news that a deal has now been completed, we thank our distributors, suppliers and partners for their support in recent months and look forward to working together with them all now with Ripmax’s support to make HPI stronger than ever.”

Everyone at HPI Racing looks forward to building on the brand’s long heritage of innovation, high quality products and awesome customer experiences.

Here’s to the next 30 years!
Old 05-31-2016, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Nothing to get excited about until we start seeing "In Stock" next to much needed HPI products, at least speaking for those of us in the US.

With everything that is wrong with HPI right now, it'll be interesting to see which issue(s) they tackle first. Inventory, releasing much anticipated parts that were promised almost a year ago or releasing higher quality, better designed chassis that aren't flawed.

They have their work cut out for them, I hope they bring their A-game. If not, HPI is dead.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They have a lot of work ahead. I'd think inventory would be first. Last thing they need is to release another vehicle, then have another 8 month wait for parts.
I'm skeptical about it. Few regulars in talk to in forums from UK had never heard of them.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Universal Drive Shaft Binding Fix

The Universal Drive Shafts bind in the front. The problem is with the hubs being pressed against the bearings. The fix is to remove a fraction of plastic off the bearing side of the hub(s).
Old 06-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

I had all but given up on finding 34mm tires, the Tower date has been pushed back yet again and they're backordered throughout the world.

The I received an email, PowerHobby had one set in stock! I ordered them immediately, order confirmation came through, now shows out of stock again. I'll believe it when they land on my porch, but I'm hopeful!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Guessing this chassis has died along with HPI

Having a problem putting down any power. 3900kv TrackStar and a sidewinder3, the back end comes around under power. I'm running 500k in the front, 10k in the rear diff. Problem is worse with the body off, not a tire rubbing. I've moved the battery forward, but don't really have any better ideas.

Any guidance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.