Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wareagle84
HPI has updated all the new RS4 S3's with longer front dogbones. Whether or not you get one of the new ones depends on when the place you buy from got the one they sell you. I would imagine the initial batch(es) with the issue have all been sold, but you never know.
Good point wareagle I was going to say the same thing. I will add the very early first release models had the "B.Sellers" team driver decals facing incorrectly upside down. The second batch release had the driver decals in the correct format to match the box art. I'm not sure if the new dogbones made the later run second batch of cars or not. I'm sure there's a way to track serial numbers and look for later model #'s on the outside of the box. Nice to hear some folks are enjoying the car trouble free right out of the box.

I'm having a blast with this car.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Hi guys!
I have the HPI RS4 Sport 3 Subaru BRZ and i really love working on this car. I would like to share with you some pictures. There are some missing parts, but i hope everything will arrive soon.
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-rs4-sport-3.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-rs4-sport-3_2.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-rs4-sport-3_3.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-rs4-sport-3_4.jpg  
Old 02-07-2016, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Nice. Which HB chassis did you get those carbon fiber shock towers from? I've been trying to decide which would fit best, as it looks like several would potentially fit. HPI is taking too long to release the CF bits.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Upgrades

Rumner, your chassis looks GREAT Please share what parts you used!! It looks like the markings on most of the aluminum is HB. I am really interested in the shocks and the lower arm mount block. I have looked but can't find anything like them. I have the Yeah Racing upgrades and they definately helped the handling!
Bob
Old 02-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Upon further inspection, and going off my memory and knowledge of HPI, it looks like he's using some Pro 4 and/or TCX parts. I think there are some 3Racing/Sakura bits on there as well.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

For those of you running the Yeah Racing upgrade package...do any of you know what brake rotor/caliper kit works with this? It looks like the knuckles are designed and tapped for a brake kit, but I haven't seen one yet. Possibly a future product release?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys!

The shock towers are the standard tcx shock towers(front direct fit, rear needs a very minimal modification on the upper holes). The lower arm mount blocks are Jet Racing blocks for TCX (Jet Racing CYL-112, 114, 182 etc.) I think the shocks are 67740 Cyclone TC shocks. I used 3racing sway bar set(for cyclone wce or tc maybe) and rear-end stiffener on the car.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Rumner, what are the rear cvds from?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

I had some arms from the TCXX and they fit perfect on the Sport 3 chassis. Stock arms were kinda really flimsy.

Teaser, rear quarter panel.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys. First time poster here. I bought the RS4 Sport 3 Drift edition. Already swapped out the cheap turnbuckles for adjustable ones and put universals in the front. I was having problems with the servo but I fixed that. My only problem now is I have this insane chatter in the front end when I'm at low-medium speed and turning. I figured it was the dogbones but after putting the universals in, it's still there. Any ideas? You can visibly see my car rattle around when I'm cornering, and it just doesn't look nice and it throws the handling off quite a bit sometimes. This car shouldn't be marketed as RTR because it definitely is not ready to run out of the box. Needs a lot of work. Once I fix the rattling it should run fine though. I have the feeling it's coming from something in the diff rubbing. Help a brother out here please.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Tech Initiate

It could be the body rubbing on the tire, that's what happened on mine. But now I just installed the hpi cvds in the front and the front wheel is Studdering. There's some kind of rough edge in the joint where the pin holds the cvd together.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Rookie

just got one today. did not make it thru 1st battery and spur is gone. unbelievable!
Old 02-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone have any recommendations for a more powerful servo?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stoohort
Hey guys. First time poster here. I bought the RS4 Sport 3 Drift edition. Already swapped out the cheap turnbuckles for adjustable ones and put universals in the front. I was having problems with the servo but I fixed that. My only problem now is I have this insane chatter in the front end when I'm at low-medium speed and turning. I figured it was the dogbones but after putting the universals in, it's still there. Any ideas? You can visibly see my car rattle around when I'm cornering, and it just doesn't look nice and it throws the handling off quite a bit sometimes. This car shouldn't be marketed as RTR because it definitely is not ready to run out of the box. Needs a lot of work. Once I fix the rattling it should run fine though. I have the feeling it's coming from something in the diff rubbing. Help a brother out here please.
Originally Posted by Beef
It could be the body rubbing on the tire, that's what happened on mine. But now I just installed the hpi cvds in the front and the front wheel is Studdering. There's some kind of rough edge in the joint where the pin holds the cvd together.
Absolutely could be the body rubbing on tires, especially with HPI pre-finished bodies. Never had one I didn't have to trim to avoid this.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RS4 Guy
Anyone have any recommendations for a more powerful servo?

Thanks
Some people run the "upgrade" HPI servo's and like them. I prefer something better like a digital/core less Hitec or Savox. Both have been good to me. More torque and faster response. Unfortunately you'll likely have to mod the servo housing thingy on the Sport 3 because of its design.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.