Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
Why yes it had blades on them.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...443-tcx-2.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...442-tcx-1.html

But for some reason, I was able to use Tamiya CVDs my TCX with Ball diffs but was not aware of the pin diameter. I was still in the learning stage at the time and oblivious to many things. To me, "if it fits, it ships!"

My guess was "by chance."

It's a good thing that you double checked the pin diameter and good thing I mentioned it to be double checked.

Now, I have more RC wisdom...

Go Mr. Pink! My new idol together with Sir eR1c. I love your workstations!
That makes sense if you were running blades on them, you probably wouldn't notice the slight size difference.

Glad we got it all straightened out in the end. Hopefully it helps some people out.

Thanks for likeing my workshop, I'm an organized person, lol. And a bit of an HPI collector.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yes I'm sure this will help Sport 3 owners find a solution for their front dogbones through reading our posts.

I am more of a Tamiya person and had only one product of HPI/HB which is the TCX. The sport 3 appeals to me because of it's design.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does this chassis replace the Pro 4?
Old 07-07-2015, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Considering the specs of the Pro 4 I would say no I don't think so. Mr. Pink what do you think?
Old 07-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Emaculant
Does this chassis replace the Pro 4?
I'd say no, the pro 4 was a full blown race chassis. The sport 3 is more of a Sprint 2 replacement. I would also say the Sport 3 is a much better car than the Sprint 2.

The Pro 5 would be the Pro 4's replacement. But they chose to go belt drive with the Pro 5.

Where as the sprint 2 was belt, and now the Sport 3 is shaft.

I guess it makes more sense this way, the sport 3 is going to get used more on dirty parking lots, where the Pro 5's are going to see mostly carpet.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Mr. Pink, Can you interchange TCX parts with the Sport 3? Arms, suspension blocks?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Mr. Pink, Can you interchange TCX parts with the Sport 3? Arms, suspension blocks?
I haven't tried TCX arms yet, but I think I already tried suspension blocks and they do not fit.

I think the TCXX had a newer style split block design, and perhaps those might fit as this chassis uses split blocks at the inner hinge points. I however do not have any split blocks to confirm this.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Suspended

man i was heart broken...i found a pro 4... had never seen one before..it was FULLY modified and it was artr for $200...once i figured what i was looking at..i went back(100 miles) to purchase it...it was gone..almost every exotic materials that were made for the kit was on it...looked brand new
Old 07-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kongluc
man i was heart broken...i found a pro 4... had never seen one before..it was FULLY modified and it was artr for $200...once i figured what i was looking at..i went back(100 miles) to purchase it...it was gone..almost every exotic materials that were made for the kit was on it...looked brand new
I feel you there. I had almost the same experience with a T3 '12 selling for $120.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

ok I am a HPI nutjob and back in the day thats all I used to race, remeber you could buy the HPI Pro or the Pro-2 or the Pro-3 and 4 in a kit? Will HPI ever sell this car in a kit form or only ready to run with non race lagal motor and esc ?
Old 07-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peter george
ok I am a HPI nutjob and back in the day thats all I used to race, remeber you could buy the HPI Pro or the Pro-2 or the Pro-3 and 4 in a kit? Will HPI ever sell this car in a kit form or only ready to run with non race lagal motor and esc ?
I do hope that HPI steps it up with their kits/cars. They have a following. I would, without thinking buy the Sport 3 in kit form.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

I do hope that HPI steps it up with their kits/cars. They have a following. I would, without thinking buy the Sport 3 in kit form.
Heck yea! Not only do I wanna built it but also I don't want to have to worry about selling the useless ESC and motor that comes in the rtr . Bring back the kits!! It's the only way I'll buy it
Old 07-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would be very surprised if Hpi released it as a kit. Other then the Baja, the Savage XS SS was last kit. It didn't sell. Still don't know why Hpi lists RTR vehicles as kits on there site. Must be a European thing.
I've had mine since July 1st. Also had front dog bone issue. Using a piece of bumper foam to hold it in place.
According to hobby stores Hpi rep there is no current date for the upgrade axles.
Tried running today with body off. Starting to think the Porsche body is just too heavy. And the oversized tires so far don't fit with another body without cutting wheelwells.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I would be very surprised if Hpi released it as a kit. Other then the Baja, the Savage XS SS was last kit. It didn't sell. Still don't know why Hpi lists RTR vehicles as kits on there site. Must be a European thing.
I've had mine since July 1st. Also had front dog bone issue. Using a piece of bumper foam to hold it in place.
According to hobby stores Hpi rep there is no current date for the upgrade axles.
Tried running today with body off. Starting to think the Porsche body is just too heavy. And the oversized tires so far don't fit with another body without cutting wheelwells.
My sport 3 came with two O-rings on both sides of the diff, I haven't had any issues with my dog bones yet, fingers crossed.

But on that note, I was checking out HPI's website and they finally have a few of the option parts listed with part numbers. A quick search in google and I found some UK online shops already have the option parts in stock and are selling them (including the CVD's). If I remember correctly when I was searching to see if the car itself was in stock anywhere, the UK shops had them about a week before the U.S.

So if I had to guess I'd say another week or two and we should have access to some option parts. The CVD's are definitely on my list as well.

They also list that "high speed gear set" on their site and give an explanation. It is in fact a spur/pinnion that is used on the Flux for running a 3S battery. So nothing really that special, just something for speed runs.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That's interesting to hear you had extra o-rings on each side of the diff, that must be their remedy for the problem. I called hpi and told them about my axle issue. The only solution they could provide me was to send a new set of axles out. Which I will take and put back as spares. I'm thinking the extra o-rings will fix the issue like others have suggested. I happen to find a new pair of 47mm hpi dogbones on ebay for a sport 2, we'll see if they help any.

As for the large tires, I actually had to dremel out the wheel wells to keep the tires from catching on the porsche body. I'm surprised HPI let that leave the factory like that. It was completely undrivable until I trimmed the body. I still enjoy it though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.