R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree12Likes

Old 07-23-2015, 10:43 PM   #121
Tech Rookie

It's the stock motor from the Rtr kit. Flux MMH-4000 motor. I wasn't being very nice to it a bit throttle mashing. Lots of quick take offs and hard braking. I never checked the mesh. No big deal at least this is an easy fix.
Mr Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:17 AM   #122
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice pic Mr. Wood looks like your driving the car hard the way one should. One member here is bashing his off road... Parts break from time to time I see some spares in the UK on ebay you can grab until the hpi hop ups come available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-RS4-Spor...item56789b8728
Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #123
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudacharger View Post
Well I'm not going to stir the pot since my new Sport will be arriving in a few days but thanks to this thread I'm going to shelf the car until the hop-ups become available and build the car from there to see what setup works best. I do believe the new design will prove to be a winner down the road just need to work out some of the bugs on the car since it's a totally new design from hpi.

I just purchased a Sprint 2 Fallken Porsche minutes ago (smoking deal) and converting the Camo Falken into a beauty shelf queen.
I'm not giving up on it either. My last run before I lost the dog bone, with a different body, showed real improvement.
As for it being s long term success, only time will tell. If it becomes a good 3s vehicle then it's good with me. Since no sales figures are every released, makes it hard to judge.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #124
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Which Model?

I have the Porsche RTR. It has the dog bone issue but he SpecR axles fixed that. In reading all 8 pages of this topic, is the Porsche the only one having problems or are the other two also having problems? One other issue I have is the steering to the right goes way too far and the upright hits the frame. I am using a Spectrum radio and have to turn the Right steering travel to 40%. I also have the servo centered but have to go almost full left on the rate. I tried moving the servo saver but will not go so rate is centered.
blitteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:37 PM   #125
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitteer View Post
I have the Porsche RTR. It has the dog bone issue but he SpecR axles fixed that. In reading all 8 pages of this topic, is the Porsche the only one having problems or are the other two also having problems? One other issue I have is the steering to the right goes way too far and the upright hits the frame. I am using a Spectrum radio and have to turn the Right steering travel to 40%. I also have the servo centered but have to go almost full left on the rate. I tried moving the servo saver but will not go so rate is centered.
From the ones I played with on the shelf the flux seems to be the only one with the problem. The only steering issue I'm having is it's a rather pain to get the steering alignment set. So it doesn't drift one way or another.
ghostgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any feedback on that servo saver? I'm actually wondering how it would compare to the Xray servo saver.

If they made a kit, I might actually buy one just for kicks.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:48 AM   #127
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitteer View Post
As far as I know the FLUX is the only one with issues, although I believe adding two O-rings to each side of your diff and not putting any in the axle side will help the issue. Also dialing back the steering a bit I'm sure would help the issue even further.

As far as your issue, I'm not sure what exactly what the problem is. Do you have any pictures showing the problem?
I can say that there are hard stops left and right molded right into the chassis that limit the amount of steering. On mine, when I hit those hard stops the steering knuckles are pretty much touching the C-hubs both left and right. It's just about impossible for the steering not to be equal (assuming you still have the stock non-adjustable steering links) unless there's an issue with your servo not being centered and not giving you full stroke one direction. Or you have the steering bridge mounted in the wrong holes.

You should be able to pull the servo saver off and get it fairly close to centered. Just make sure you center your radio out before you re-install your servo saver.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:55 AM   #128
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Any feedback on that servo saver? I'm actually wondering how it would compare to the Xray servo saver.

If they made a kit, I might actually buy one just for kicks.

-Mike
I was expecting the servo saver to be garbage, but it's actually pretty stout and works good, it's also adjustable so you can set the tension.

But just be warned that they do not give you different spline options with the car, so you are stuck with 25T servos (futaba, savox, etc.)
Old 07-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #129
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagadSetup View Post
Please post pics of your cars here for us to admire.
The HPI Falken Flux 911 GT3 RSR a few glamour shots before testing begins.

Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #130
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know if the nitro parts of the rs4 will work with the car?
ghostgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #131
Tech Initiate

Default Steering

I got the steering problem fixed. It seems the stock tie rods were either loose on the ball cups or the right was too long. I put adjustable links on and problem gone. Will wait for upgraded steering set to come out. What servo are people using to replace the stock HPI? I tried a Savox std. and the mount was about 1/8th inch to long. I couldn't get screw holes to line up and it wouldn't fit back in the chassis. I would post pics but don't know how on this board. I don't have any photo sharing accounts.
blitteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:39 AM   #132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudacharger View Post
The HPI Falken Flux 911 GT3 RSR a few glamour shots before testing begins.

Nice photos. Please keep it coming.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #133
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr P!nk View Post
I was expecting the servo saver to be garbage, but it's actually pretty stout and works good, it's also adjustable so you can set the tension.

But just be warned that they do not give you different spline options with the car, so you are stuck with 25T servos (futaba, savox, etc.)
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEGHE&P=7
The HB/HPI D413 servo saver parts are shared. So the option to use any servo is available
Old 07-28-2015, 05:01 AM   #134
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Back up and running. Installed the Spec R axles this morning. 3s test run, minus body, went good. Thanks for suggesting them.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:22 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Back up and running. Installed the Spec R axles this morning. 3s test run, minus body, went good. Thanks for suggesting them.
Thanks to Mr P!nk for confirming the fit.