R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree12Likes

Old 03-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #886
Tech Rookie

That's fantastic, thank you! Great write up too!
slowprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #887
Tech Initiate

Hello guys. I'm new to this thread.
My friend just received his brand new HPI RS4 Sport 3 Mustang. We just bashed it and noticed that the front is quite low. He will bash it in parking lots, so he is scared to ruin the bodyshell. We managed to raise the rear body posts, but we don't know how to raise the front. Is there a way to raise it? We red all the 60 pages but we didn't find anything about this. The car goes straight and there's no dogbone issue
Manlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #888
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlito View Post
My friend just received his brand new HPI RS4 Sport 3 Mustang. We just bashed it and noticed that the front is quite low. He will bash it in parking lots, so he is scared to ruin the bodyshell. We managed to raise the rear body posts, but we don't know how to raise the front. Is there a way to raise it? We red all the 60 pages but we didn't find anything about this. The car goes straight and there's no dogbone issue

You can't raise the front body-post.
You'll have to install new front body posts to get the higher location and for the body to have ground clearance.
-Or Raise the Ride Height.

You have no Steering - Problems or Dogbones coming out. . . .yet?. . . .That's good.

Take Care

Last edited by GuyIsDamGood; 03-15-2017 at 11:03 AM.
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #889
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

Very simple see red arrows indicating where the body post pin with overlap plastic adjuster...just remove the lower clip & raise the location up with the body post spacer to desired body height. Hope this helps.

Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:32 PM   #890
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
You can't raise the front body-post.
You'll have to install new front body posts to get the higher location and for the body to have ground clearance.
-Or Raise the Ride Height.

You have no Steering - Problems or Dogbones coming out. . . .yet?. . . .That's good.

Take Care
Thank you for your answer. We already raised the ride height through the spring preload, but the front splitter still touches the ground when there are holes and bumps in the tarmac. Probably springs are soft too? Do you have part numbers for the extentions?
For the steering, I mean that it hasn't any problem at all. It centers after turning and my friend never had any troble with little rocks locking it. We checked gear mesh and every screw and the car ran smooth. Sorry for my bad english.
I also wanted to ask you a question: in the box there are shock pistons, 2 c hubs, 1 link set and some little bits with numers on them (1, 1.3, 1.5, 2). What are they for?
In my opinion this chassis is good. Performance are similar to my TT02 out of the box, but the RS4 Sport 3 comes with metal differential gear, oil shocks and sealed transmission. I'm happy my friend chose this chassis. Thank you very much for your help
Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #891
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thank you for your answer. We already raised the ride height through the spring preload, but the front splitter still touches the ground when there are holes and bumps in the tarmac. Probably springs are soft too? Do you have part numbers for the extentions?
For the steering, I mean that it hasn't any problem at all. It centers after turning and my friend never had any troble with little rocks locking it. We checked gear mesh and every screw and the car ran smooth. Sorry for my bad english.
I also wanted to ask you a question: in the box there are shock pistons, 2 c hubs, 1 link set and some little bits with numers on them (1, 1.3, 1.5, 2). What are they for?
In my opinion this chassis is good. Performance are similar to my TT02 out of the box, but the RS4 Sport 3 comes with metal differential gear, oil shocks and sealed transmission. I'm happy my friend chose this chassis. Thank you very much for your help
Your English is very good.

The hpi aluminum shock upgrade makes a word of difference.

HPI Racing Aluminum Shock Set #114435 w/ 30 weight oil

Can't recall those extras being included with the Sport 3 Flux Porsche so not sure there. I did posted several upgraded part numbers on the previous page for reference if he decides to continue the hop-up process.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #892
Tech Rookie

So I decided to have some wet parking lot fun, guess that was a mistake. Since then my car will run for less than a minute and I lose all throttle, I still am able to steer. Did I fry something? To me it seems like it's the safe that is shutting off throttle to prevent further damage. I opened up the receiver box and there's not sign of any water getting in. Any help would be appreciated.

Have a cool little video I wanted to post but I don't have enough posts yet
slowprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:30 AM   #893
Tech Initiate

Hello guys, thanks for your help. Looking at the exploded view of the chassis in the user manual, I found out that the little pieces in the right lower corner of the image are pivot blocks. In the front suspension they are used to set caster, am I right? What about the other spacers
Old 03-16-2017, 04:03 AM   #894
Tech Initiate

By the way, some pictures of my friend's Mustang for you The last one is next to my TT02

Old 03-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #895
Tech Adept

Nice cars from Italy!
Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 AM   #896
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudacharger View Post
Nice cars from Italy!
Thank you
Old 03-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #897
Tech Initiate

Today I did an online search and I found out the spacers are used to tune rear squat. Raising the front pivot block gives more antisquat, raising the rear pivot block gives prosquat. If you're interested, part number is 113710
Old 03-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #898
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood

I don't have the Flux version; but. . .

(From your photo)
-left - they look like Roll Center Spacers.

-top right - they look like Pivot Block (Suspension Mount) Spacers. For Anti-Squat or Anti-Dive. . .(Caster).
(Where can they fit on the chassis?)

Last edited by GuyIsDamGood; 04-04-2017 at 09:28 AM.
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #899
Tech Initiate

I got the Subaru phatlace version and it came with those extra suspension parts also.

I'm looking for a spool for the front, anyone know if the spool from the pro4 or pro5 will fit? One of the lhs has them in stock.
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #900
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, keep in mind that if you are using different roll-center shims on the front (FF and FR) you will affect Pro-squat, antisquat and caster...

I think the plastic parts on the left are there to replace them on the arm axle, that's all.

About the problem of the body height, you can try to add spacers, shims, something, under the front body posts, where they are fixed to the bumper support. That's ofter the most common way to add some height with cut body posts.

Hope it was clear enough...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote