R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree12Likes

Old 07-06-2016, 07:39 AM   #811
Tech Regular

I got a long email from HPI / Ripmax this morning explaining what is going on with the company right now. Basically, they've had to rebuild everything from scratch with a new name, HPI Racing Ltd., new bank accounts, new trade agreements with 100's of suppliers, re-hire every employee and count every single part down to the tiniest set screw. They had to re-license every model as well. They say that the new models are coming later this year but they are focusing on the spare parts pipeline right now because they know we need them.

For a company that was all but dead for the past 6 months, that's some pretty good communication. Their social media and website are alive again as well. This pleases me.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #812
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll give credit to RipMax for responding. Probably should just post something like that as a general statement. So that all Hpi owners know.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #813
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
Guessing this chassis has died along with HPI

Having a problem putting down any power. 3900kv TrackStar and a sidewinder3, the back end comes around under power. I'm running 500k in the front, 10k in the rear diff. Problem is worse with the body off, not a tire rubbing. I've moved the battery forward, but don't really have any better ideas.

Any guidance?
Parts supply would be great, I'd love to stock up on some wheels and tires. We drag race in a dirty seal coated parking lot on thursday nights, traction is about zero. The extra rubber on the ground really helps.

Everything I can find about the car coming around on power talks about lowering the center diff oil, or adding more rear toe. No center diff to play with, so maybe some rear toe would help?
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #814
Tech Initiate

I got the same hpi email,
[QUOTE][/While we love the glory that our new launches will bring, the bottom line is actually this: spares. We believe that every single HPI customer has made an investment and we will not rest until you have the parts available to keep you bashing, racing or drifting.

Getting the core HPI spares and options flowing might not grab the headlines in your favourite RC publication but spares supply is the firm foundation on which we can build the HPI brand for the future.QUOTE]

Finally spares!
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #815
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Parts supply would be great, I'd love to stock up on some wheels and tires. We drag race in a dirty seal coated parking lot on thursday nights, traction is about zero. The extra rubber on the ground really helps.

Everything I can find about the car coming around on power talks about lowering the center diff oil, or adding more rear toe. No center diff to play with, so maybe some rear toe would help?
Today was a good mailbox day.
Attached Thumbnails
HPI RS4 Sport 3-bbs-wheels-tires.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-bbs.jpg  
Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #816
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood

Quote:
Guessing this chassis has died along with HPI

Having a problem putting down any power. 3900kv TrackStar and a sidewinder3, the back end comes around under power. I'm running 500k in the front, 10k in the rear diff. Problem is worse with the body off, not a tire rubbing. I've moved the battery forward, but don't really have any better ideas.

Any guidance?

The problem is the Rear Springs. Install softer springs in the rear.

Take Care
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #817
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I am new the rc world. My father in law just got me into it. Any ways I was wondering if anyone has new updates on hpi I want one of these cars... Oh and I have read all 55 pages of this post and it was hard the pages keeps crashing lol.
Any way thanks in advance.
mpike24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:01 PM   #818
Tech Rookie

Oh and Cudacharger the car looks sick man.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #819
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpike24 View Post
Hey guys I am new the rc world. My father in law just got me into it. Any ways I was wondering if anyone has new updates on hpi I want one of these cars... Oh and I have read all 55 pages of this post and it was hard the pages keeps crashing lol.
Any way thanks in advance.
Pages crash constantly on my phone here. Someday can't get more then a page or 2. Been hearing mixed stuff about Hpi. We know RipMax bought them. And has been trying to clear up the mess. There was a large outstanding debt, that seemed to not look good. Basically the Hpi name was going to be removed from their parts and sold under different name. No update on that.
RipMax was hoping to have things closer to"normal" by December or January. At least on the parts availability. As for any of their " new vehicles". That looks like 2017. Maybe if they are really good, before Christmas.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #820
Tech Rookie

Thanks Billy Kelly I found a shop in NJ that has a couple not sure if I should pull the trigger.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #821
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpike24 View Post
Thanks Billy Kelly I found a shop in NJ that has a couple not sure if I should pull the trigger.
Anytime. I'm a former Sport3 owner. I gave it a try but just wasn't for me. My reason are in thread.
As for Hpi overall. It's really had to tell how it's going to go. I've got 15 Hpi vehicles, but were their own worst enemy. Very good vehicles with inconsistent part support. The new owner,RipMax are basically starting over, kept the name and the vehicles. But they have a deep hole and a badly damage reputation to deal with.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #822
Tech Rookie

Yea I understand. I think I am going to give it a go.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #823
Tech Rookie

Well I order my car will be here monday. What chargers are you guys using for your lipos?
Old 08-18-2016, 09:14 AM   #824
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default Ball Cups and Turnbuckles

What are you guys using as/for ball cups and turnbuckles on your RS4 Sport 3?
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:53 PM   #825
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
What are you guys using as/for ball cups and turnbuckles on your RS4 Sport 3?
HB ball studs, RPM ball cups, Team Associated titanium turnbuckles.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote