Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevin32
Looks like the tires for the Porsche are still on back order. Any other suggestion for grip tires that fit the offset stock rims?
My best guess:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vaterra-67x3...0AAOSwiYFXLfEd
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-s-l1600-1-.jpg  
Old 05-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
Cool thanks bud.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Finally took my sport 3 for a spin this evening. Finally got my 2s lipo in the mail. Convert the plug to deans.

Absolutely no dog bone issue being lost or coming off. However two incident where small rocks would jam up the steering . Other than that I LOVE the car!. Run awesome without any big issues. Maybe trade all my nitro for electric instead...lol

Definitely planning to instal upgraded parts for it.

Just a little report for today. You guys have a good one. The drift tires are so weared off ..lol
Old 05-16-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 30/31mm front tire is easy to find, the 34mm rear is an issue. I can't find anything even close, most of the foam tires aren't listed with sizes.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice Kevin the upgrades help the steering and tracking.

maslin - Located 3 Hpi sets of rear's 34mm on Friday from dollarhobbyz ...then get this email:

Thank you for your interest in Dollar Hobbyz. In a recent attempt to process your newest two orders, we noticed an inventory error on our end. We are actually out of stock on both sets of tires you ordered. Therefore, we have cancelled the orders and refunded your account in full. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. It was a technical error we are working tirelessly to fix. We hope this one instance doesn't affect your likelihood of shopping with us again. In the meantime, please let us know if you there is anything else we can assist you with.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

I just ordered a pair from Active Powersports, $9 for the tires, $13 for shipping! We'll see if they come back and say out of stock.

Received my clear Porsche body as well, nice razor cut down the middle of the roof, from window to window. Guess the Amazon guy didn't care what was in that box with the "do not open with a razor" sticker

Last edited by maslin; 05-16-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cudacharger
Nice Kevin the upgrades help the steering and tracking.

maslin - Located 3 Hpi sets of rear's 34mm on Friday from dollarhobbyz ...then get this email:

Thank you for your interest in Dollar Hobbyz. In a recent attempt to process your newest two orders, we noticed an inventory error on our end. We are actually out of stock on both sets of tires you ordered. Therefore, we have cancelled the orders and refunded your account in full. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. It was a technical error we are working tirelessly to fix. We hope this one instance doesn't affect your likelihood of shopping with us again. In the meantime, please let us know if you there is anything else we can assist you with.
Sorry to hear. If they come back in stock let me know bud.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by maslin
I just ordered a pair from Active Powersports, $9 for the tires, $13 for shipping! We'll see if they come back and say out of stock.

Received my clear Porsche body as well, nice razor cut down the middle of the roof, from window to window. Guess the Amazon guy didn't care what was in that box with the "do not open with a razor" sticker
Cool, keep us posted.

Darn . Amazon should replace it for sure.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Cool, keep us posted.

Darn . Amazon should replace it for sure.
"As for the damage that you are claiming, I can assure you that the item was shipped brand new and without defect, as it was special ordered, just for you and inspected prior to shipping."

So I can jump through their hoops for a refund, they do not have another body to send out. I think I'll just run it, it can be my beat around body until more become available.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh I see.. Cheaper on eBay?
Old 05-17-2016, 07:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Installed the YR steering rack and Exotek turnbuckles. I added a small shim behind the uprights to remove the slack. Steering center randomness is gone! Played with the toe a bit to try and get better tracking at speed, had it pretty good with 1* toe out.

Then I bumped a tire and broke 3 turnbuckles

Titanium replacements on the way, along with a clear wide Porsche body, 31/34mm wheels and front tires. Rear tires are on backorder for 2 months, and the 34mm tire size was invented just for that wheel. Might try 31mm all around in the meantime.
You have the item number to the turnbuckles and steering rack? Thanks
Old 05-17-2016, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

You have the item number to the turnbuckles and steering rack? Thanks
The rack is RSS3-007OR, I found it on ebay. The turnbuckle set was direct from Exotek, although I wouldn't recommend them. I will be using titanium turnbuckles, hoping they can survive more than one bump.

3x25mm for steering x2, 3x35mm for camber x4. As well as rod ends, they have 4.8mm or 5mm, not sure what is needed exactly. The Exotek site says the ball studs are 4.7mm.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...&s_maker_id=56
Old 05-17-2016, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Cool, keep us posted.
"Hello
Unfortunately the item that you ordered is currently back ordered until late June. I will keep your order open and ship as soon as it arrives unless I hear differently from you.

Thank you

Greg"

34mm rear tires are impossible to find.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Dang it
Old 05-17-2016, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

"Hello
Unfortunately the item that you ordered is currently back ordered until late June. I will keep your order open and ship as soon as it arrives unless I hear differently from you.

Thank you

Greg"

34mm rear tires are impossible to find.

Bummer X (2) two...

[/url]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.