Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Old 03-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Upgrades

Best check each hour. Use the part#'s. I went on and by the time i checked again the graphite drive shaft cover was out of stock. I got the shocks, graphite front and rear tower. They still had the locked diff, graphite bumper brace, shocks and graphite towers. Most now say limited quantities.

Last edited by blitteer; 03-01-2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: additions
Old 03-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks blitteer for posting I wasn't searching properly and that's why those parts weren't showing up yesterday.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, save the part numbers in your wish list at Tower Hobbies. Check everyday because they have a live update system. Tower Hobbies ALWAYS has the most accurate, up-to-date HPI/HB stock. Their "expected date" thing isn't the most accurate as it gets pushed back a lot, but they will show stock quicker than anyone else for HPI and HB since you can't buy directly from HPI Racing anymore.
If they're showing "limited quantities", you can guarantee they have probably less than 5 in stock so you can't wait to place your order or you'll be waiting at least a month usually, sometimes more for HPI to run another batch and ship to stores.
BTW, any carbon fiber front bumper brace from a TCX, TCXX, TC-FD, Cyclone or Pro 4 will work with the Sport 3.
HPI73086 or HPI68715, which is the number for the Sport 3, but it's the exact same as what came with the TC series chassis.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Great insight wareagle thanks for sharing with the group!
Old 03-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Part numbers

Here are the upgrade parts part#'s:
114432-Cntr. Drive shaft cover
68715-Front bumper
114433- frnt. shock tower
114434-Rear shock tower
114436-Spool
114437-CVD's
114435-Alum. shocks
114569-speed gearing set

Here is the optional Parts page on HPI:
http://hpiracing.world/en/parts/115126/opt

Hope this helps!
Old 03-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks gentleman...I have all the hpi options ordered including the Yeah Racing & Exotek upgrades installed. I'm waiting to hear back from HPI regards to my inquiry about the diff spools and the construction material of part number hpi #101215 Bevel Gear 40 tooth frt & Rear that come with the car. Hpi Tech is cross checking the two gears to see if the spool gears are machined alloy upgraded.

Until the diff spool set's arrive I can't compare the two...I would bet the farm there the same bevel front and rear gears that comes with the Sport 3, which in fact is fine since I already installed the Exotek Ultra lightweight machined 7505 alloy diff gears and will use those in place of the heaver metal stock hpi Bevel gears that come in the #114436 optional parts.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tire choice?

Hey gang. Any suggestions on street tires? I'm looking to have some traction for gripping and rippin but would also like to kick it loose for some impressive drift turns. I still have the original wheels but they are almost worn out and a set of dedicated drift hard plastic wheels. Somthing in between.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

HPI makes a drift tire that's kind of a hybrid between drift and grip, but it's more drift than grip IMO.
THere are some brands like MST that make grippier drift wheels for RWD and high CS use, but again, more drift than grip. I honestly don't know of a grip tire than you can easily drift with. You can get some decent power slides out of some grip tires, but no actual drifting.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr.Wood
Hey gang. Any suggestions on street tires? I'm looking to have some traction for gripping and rippin but would also like to kick it loose for some impressive drift turns. I still have the original wheels but they are almost worn out and a set of dedicated drift hard plastic wheels. Somthing in between.
The contact carbon foams wheels are an option. I'm a fan of the stock wheel and tires because of the rear offset and the Hpi hop-up lug nuts help take out any slop on the hex's. I experimented with some larger Rare Vintage Hpi Japan Super Rs4 16-spoke offset wheels with foam tires. Bolted right up and gives the car a new attitude with some extra meat on the ground.

The remainder of the hpi hops-ups arrived. The carbon bottom chassis spine brace, shock towers, bumper bracket, spools, shocks. The parts did sell out quickly when I looked the next day. Thinking 30 weight shock oil to start when building up the shocks if someone has done this mod what weight oil do you recommend? While the car is apart I'm going to move forward on installing some Tamiya Porsche headlight buckets and rear exhaust from Yeah Racing to finish off the LeMans Falken 911body. I have the Exotek 40 tooth bevel light alloy gears installed front and rear already so going to stay with those when installing the hpi spools. Keeping the motor and esc stock the last mod will be the high speed gearing set which is on BO until April.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

You're running spool diff front and rear? Let me know how it handles as I've got almost an identical setup as you. I've always heard use a spool diff in one or the other depending on what you need, but never both because it makes the car really temperamental and hard to control.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

I haven't installed them yet.... I have a few other cars I'm finishing up but that's great info. I'm going to install both and see the results. One gentleman has both front & rear installed on his rs4 sport 3 flux for awhile and the vids of his car looks real stable at low..mid and very high speed.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

So after having this car for months, I'm convinced it's garbage. I don't know what is wrong with this thing but it's impossible to remove the front chatter. I have a spool in the front and I have universals in the front as well. I've tried everything and nothing will get rid of it. It sounds terrible and makes my car look terrible when drifting. I'm waiting on the YR aluminium kit to see if it helps, but I'm not holding out. Also the servo is absolute trash. It can barely hold the steering in place when I keep it turned. My lhs won't help me out and HPI is just as clueless. I might just end up converting it to 2wd or using it for speed runs. Pretty disappointing.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default chatter

Stoohort: for the chatter, make sure the body isn't hitting the tires. I had to trim mine as they wern't cut right at the factory. I changed my servo to a Savox without a servo saver, just a servo arm. I will get the number when I get home. The Yeah parts and the HPI upgrades plus new servo made mine a whole different car! Actually, there isn't much of the "as bought car" left!
Bob
Old 03-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by blitteer
Stoohort: for the chatter, make sure the body isn't hitting the tires. I had to trim mine as they wern't cut right at the factory. I changed my servo to a Savox without a servo saver, just a servo arm. I will get the number when I get home. The Yeah parts and the HPI upgrades plus new servo made mine a whole different car! Actually, there isn't much of the "as bought car" left!
Bob
The chatter is in the front suspension somewhere. The whole front shakes with the body off. It only chatters at lower speeds when I'm turning the wheels. At full pin it's fine. I've checked the hubs, greased CVDs, turned down steering width, so I dunno.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stoohort
The chatter is in the front suspension somewhere. The whole front shakes with the body off. It only chatters at lower speeds when I'm turning the wheels. At full pin it's fine. I've checked the hubs, greased CVDs, turned down steering width, so I dunno.
Does it do this when the car is on a stand or only while driving?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.