R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree12Likes

Old 09-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosRS4 View Post
Any suggestions on tire setup? If I use the Porsche body I need to run the wider 34mm in the rear. I need new tires already because the foam is exposed.

SpecR 46mm swing shafts are AMAZING!!! Fixed my issue

Still have stock servo... Is it worth the upgrade to a savox?

Lastly, lol I still cant find the adjustable turn buckles you guys are using. Thanks!
Yes the servo is a good upgrade but if your not having any issues then you can postpone.

Turnbuckles can be ordered here:

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1763

Regards.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:56 AM   #212
Tech Rookie

Wink

Hi guys!

Thanks to this Forum, it helped me a lot with my decision to purchase the chassis or not. Finally I did and I will get it in 3 weeks. This is the only forum where the rs4 sport is talked about. Im from austria and the rs4 sport 3 released a few days ago.

In the past there have been many helpful posts so please keep them coming. I will post also pictures as soon as I get mine and I will definitely share my experience as soon as possible.

I ordered the brushless flux version and also ordered the Spec R 46 mm CVDs. Glad to read that this fixed the issue with the dogbones. So one problem is solved. What about the others?

Im also thinking about a new servo. Whats your experience with it? Is it a problem in general or are there some servos which work fine?

Any other parts I should order right now and change them as soon as I get my chassis?

Thanks and have a nice day guys!
Mario084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:28 AM   #213
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario084 View Post
Hi guys!

Thanks to this Forum, it helped me a lot with my decision to purchase the chassis or not. Finally I did and I will get it in 3 weeks. This is the only forum where the rs4 sport is talked about. Im from austria and the rs4 sport 3 released a few days ago.

In the past there have been many helpful posts so please keep them coming. I will post also pictures as soon as I get mine and I will definitely share my experience as soon as possible.

I ordered the brushless flux version and also ordered the Spec R 46 mm CVDs. Glad to read that this fixed the issue with the dogbones. So one problem is solved. What about the others?

Im also thinking about a new servo. Whats your experience with it? Is it a problem in general or are there some servos which work fine?

Any other parts I should order right now and change them as soon as I get my chassis?

Thanks and have a nice day guys!
Hello. Welcome!

Ordering the CVDs was a good decision. That addresses the issue with the dogbones.

Turnbuckles should be considered as well for adjustability.

If your budget allows it, a servo upgrade maybe a good move as well.

Wheels and tires can probably come later.

Please do post pictures of your car when you have the chance.

Regards!
Old 09-02-2015, 05:17 AM   #214
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagadSetup View Post
Yes the servo is a good upgrade but if your not having any issues then you can postpone.

Turnbuckles can be ordered here:

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1763

Regards.
Thank You!
CarlosRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #215
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

just arrived...thx for all of the tips. haven't had a chance to run it yet but looking forward to it.

20150902_165040 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]

20150902_164940 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]

20150902_164729 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]

20150902_164626 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]

20150902_164532 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]

20150902_165427 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]

20150902_170055 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]
xanavitbevo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #216
Tech Rookie

Thx for posting the pics!
Just a short question: is there a battery included in the porsche flux set?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #217
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

just 4 "AA" batteries for the radio. nothing included for the car itself.
xanavitbevo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #218
Tech Rookie

What rod ends are you guys using for the HPI balls? I'm having a devil of a time finding ones that fit...
TheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #219
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario084 View Post
Thx for posting the pics!
Just a short question: is there a battery included in the porsche flux set?
Hello!

I checked it online and no. It does not come with a battery. I still think it's a good car when upgraded a bit. Lipos are reasonably priced these days as well so you'll have more choices.

Enjoy!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:04 AM   #220
Tech Rookie

Thx for your reply.

I have 4 Lipo batteries here (2S, 4000mAH) with deans, will they be compatible with the Porsche flux? As I have seen the esc from the flux set is using dean plug also, right?

Do you guys run your car with 2S or 3S lipos? Is there a big difference between using 2s or 3s? Acceleration? Top-Speed?

Would you recommend to go with 3S? How much mAH should the batteries have?
With my 2S 4000mAh Lipos I can go with my sprint 2 flux round about 30 minutes.

Thx!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:23 AM   #221
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDark View Post
What rod ends are you guys using for the HPI balls? I'm having a devil of a time finding ones that fit...
I bought the RPM 4-40 heavy duty rod ends, get the short ones not the long ones part #RPM73372.

And then I had to get three different sizes of ball studs that came in a pack of four in each size. I got the losi ball studs 4-40 in, .215", .250" and .345". I also needed some ball stud spacers for the height difference from the stock ones. I got the Avid Aluminum ball stud washer set. All the part numbers are in order. LOSA6025, LOSA6026, LOSA6029 and AVD1023.

I got everything on Amain, so I know you can get everything at one place.

I hope this helps you, it took me a bit of searching to find what I needed.
Attached Thumbnails
HPI RS4 Sport 3-21113235631_a8935c32f3_k.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-20917439900_0083e7cce9_k.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-20917439270_c4a3c10940_k.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-20917639838_fe53abc866_k.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-20918732429_b89a9e8446_k.jpg  

OsirisSk8rGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #222
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisSk8rGuy View Post
I bought the RPM 4-40 heavy duty rod ends, get the short ones not the long ones part #RPM73372.

And then I had to get three different sizes of ball studs that came in a pack of four in each size. I got the losi ball studs 4-40 in, .215", .250" and .345". I also needed some ball stud spacers for the height difference from the stock ones. I got the Avid Aluminum ball stud washer set. All the part numbers are in order. LOSA6025, LOSA6026, LOSA6029 and AVD1023.

I got everything on Amain, so I know you can get everything at one place.

I hope this helps you, it took me a bit of searching to find what I needed.
Awesome, Thanks! I've already order some losi ball studs, since I have plenty of losi rod ends laying about(I buy mostly HPI and Losi), so hope I got the right sizes, lol. Also, that Lexus body looks tough, I like it. I want something different than the Vette..but it was free, so...
Old 09-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #223
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Awesome, Thanks! I've already order some losi ball studs, since I have plenty of losi rod ends laying about(I buy mostly HPI and Losi), so hope I got the right sizes, lol. Also, that Lexus body looks tough, I like it. I want something different than the Vette..but it was free, so...
Free is always good, also hard to complain about. At least it gives you another body to use until you get something you really want. That body has been sitting in my garage for over a month and I finally got around to doing it. Next up is a Porsche Cayenne.

I sure hope those ball studs and rod ends work for you. At least if they don't, you'll know what does work. Take pics when you get it done!
Old 09-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #224
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisSk8rGuy View Post
Free is always good, also hard to complain about. At least it gives you another body to use until you get something you really want. That body has been sitting in my garage for over a month and I finally got around to doing it. Next up is a Porsche Cayenne.

I sure hope those ball studs and rod ends work for you. At least if they don't, you'll know what does work. Take pics when you get it done!
Of course! Installing new motor/ESC setup..trying to decide what pinion/spur to go with for drag racing this thing... It needs to accelerate, but be stable...stability from beginning to end is why 2 Sprint 2s and my Losi Mini8 are winning decently at the LHS's RC drag races...But at 37mph, it's hard to catch a sprint 2 doing nearly 70...
Old 09-05-2015, 05:46 AM   #225
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Of course! Installing new motor/ESC setup..trying to decide what pinion/spur to go with for drag racing this thing... It needs to accelerate, but be stable...stability from beginning to end is why 2 Sprint 2s and my Losi Mini8 are winning decently at the LHS's RC drag races...But at 37mph, it's hard to catch a sprint 2 doing nearly 70...
I'm running a castle creations sidewinder 3 and 4 pole 5700kv motor. I haven't checked what the top speed is with this thing, but I did get the field link to customize the motors settings. I'll have to see what it can do, top speed-wise.

I recently bought an extra diff to make it into a solid diff for either the rear for drifting or the front for speed runs. Right now it's in the rear for some sideways fun!

And you can see by my pics I have plans for some plastic wheel destruction...
Attached Thumbnails
HPI RS4 Sport 3-20526972433_edcabd74df_k.jpg