R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree8Likes

Old 08-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #151
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosRS4 View Post
Well, after installing the new washers and axle cups just in time for the races Saturday, the dog bones came out again! HPI said I should have 8 total o-rings on the front end. Dog bones are too SHORT from factory to top it off my spur gear got all chewed up from what.... I have no clue.

I called HPI Monday morning and expressed my concerns with a brand new $320 plus rtr car and was unhappy. If these issues did not exist, I absolutley would LOVE this car. Looks pretty freaking sweet and feels SOLID to me. I love working on my vehicles so installing these parts are rather fun BUT it would be nice to have a true RTR vehicle...
HPI customer service is sending me a 72t spur gear and 46mm dog bones. HPI customer service is PHENOMENAL I just wish there quality control was the same.

FYI this forum ROCKS!!!!
I emailed them and they didn't even replace the dogbone that was lost. All they did was send me 2 orings in the mail it rather ticked me quite off.
ghostgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #152
Tech Regular

I was going to buy one to play with on my drive way . ( I won't use a race car for that) Guess Ill just keep Tc3 for Now . If they come out with a kit form with CVDs . Turnbuckles and no electronics (which I can't use ) , I would buy one . It looks like it could be a good car for Spec racing
Old 08-05-2015, 05:37 AM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Spur gear stripped on mine while testing the SpecR axles. Couldn't get the stock 66t so went with the 75t. Drives better.
Wasn't suprised that spur stripped. I've run more 3s then 2s.
Tires at still terrible. Just too soft, no consistent traction. Can't imagine what surface they were test on. Think they were picked for looks, not function.
Gonna try running different body first. Porsche body stills feels tail heavy when driving. Have to keep shocks stiff do body doesn't hit pavement.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:26 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How about trying another brand of spur gear? When installing, double check that they are meshed correctly.

Maybe that can help.
SagadSetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #155
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just finished un-boxing the Sprint 2 while patiently waiting on the hop-ups from hpi until I start running the Flux.

Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudacharger View Post
Just finished un-boxing the Sprint 2 while patiently waiting on the hop-ups from hpi until I start running the Flux.

Nice photos!
Old 08-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #157
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostgr View Post
I emailed them and they didn't even replace the dogbone that was lost. All they did was send me 2 orings in the mail it rather ticked me quite off.
That retarded!! I would call back and say that you are on a forum where guys are receiving free o-rings and dogbones
CarlosRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #158
Tech Initiate

Some crappy pics but here is she is with tinted windows
Attached Thumbnails
HPI RS4 Sport 3-img_5334.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-img_5335.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-img_5336.jpg  
Old 08-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosRS4 View Post
Some crappy pics but here is she is with tinted windows
The Porsche body is really attractive.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #160
Tech Rookie

The spr parts are in stock at tracing right now. I just ordered a set for the front and rears. Get em while you can. They are the only ones domestic that have them. Was $35 shipped for me.
ghostgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #161
Tech Initiate

So HPI sent me a 75t spur gear and my LHS said that I have to run a different pinion. I called HPI and they are sending me the right pinion..............
Old 08-10-2015, 06:35 AM   #162
Tech Initiate

75t spur gear should be running with a 27t pinion
65t spur gear should be running with a 32t pinion all from factory specs.

Right now I am running 75t spur gear with 32t pinion
Old 08-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #163
Tech Initiate

I received and installed the Spec-R CVDs yesterday, and wow, what a difference. Honestly I wasn't able to use the car with the stock front dogbones and had actually taken them out and run RWD only just to play around a bit. Obviously going back to AWD makes a huge difference, but with the CVDs installed and not having to worry about turning too hard, hitting a bump, etc., the car was quite enjoyable to bash around.

I'm still not sure about the stock tires; their grip seems OK (on asphalt) but with them being oversized, you run into the problem of the body needing to be trimmed back, plus I don't think they track all that straight. That might be a result of the stock servo though.

Has anyone tried the Flux with standard size TC tires and/or a higher-torque servo?

Thanks,
Endaar
Endaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #164
Tech Initiate

Default Wheels/Tires

I changed to the HPI vintage 31mm wheels and tires for front and rear. Works great! The stock slicks were terrible on the asphalt street I test on. I put in adjustable front tie rods and set them for no toe in. Car doesn't wander and works excellent. I also put in the SpecR CVD's. I do have a question. According to my manual, the stock spur gear is 75t. Are some coming with the 65t? I did order two 75t from Robson racing just in case of stripping. I do agree a new person would be pretty upset about the dog bones. I personally upgrade every RC I have so was a lil upset about the issue at first. HPI hopefully will fix this on later releases.
blitteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:41 AM   #165
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mine came with the 66t spur. Tuning the 75t now. I finally changed bodies. Porsche body was just too heavy for car. Running a old Viper body now. I don't like the tires but I'm giving them a second chance now.
Had to loosen shocks all the way back to out the box settings. See how it goes but expect to try different tires soon.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote