Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

GEEEEZ.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #872
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman72
The thing Alonso doesn't have going for him is winning a championship with a lesser car with less horsepower than the other teams ala Shumey with his 1st championship.
Only because Senna was killed that year and he was left unchallenged. He barely beat the hurting Damon Hill. He had to drive into Damon in Australia just to win the championship that year. Ahhh! Yes! Schumacher displayed early on in his career just how dirty and desperate he could become.
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #873
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp
Oh really?

On another note. Looks like your boy Schumacher needs to pull something out of his a**. Fernando Alonso is the f*****g man!! He is the next Senna!!!!hehe!!!!

Good luck in Italy!
The next Senna? No way Hodapp!!! He's really good, but he's not GREAT. Senna, Clark, Fangio, Ickx, Graham Hill, Schumacher, and Jilles Villeneuve are the longstanding greats. These guys were proven fast in each and every car they drove. I think that Fernando is the next Nigel Mansell. He's awesomely fast in the right equipment, but nothing spectacular in anything less. Hill had the BEST car the year Michael won his first championship, and should've won going away, but unfortunately, he sucked.

And how can you knock Michael for driving into someone for a Championship and be a Senna worshipper? Senna took out his teammate in Suzuka to make sure he won a championship didn't he? I've said it once and I'll say it again, a lucky driver can win one or two World Championships in THE BEST equipment (i.e. Lauda, Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve) but only the BEST can win SEVEN. Even if five of them came in the best car, that's still six more than any other active driver in F-1. You may not respect Michael's on-track demeanor, but you have to respect the work ethic.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #874
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sorry to say guys Senna to M Schumacher is like apples to oranges.

Senna is the top driver since maybe Jim Clark.

I have seen this comparison before and it comes down to the fact that your only as good as who you are driving against. Michael is a top driver but he has not had the same level of competition that Senna faced in his battles with Prost.

Michael has on average had equipment that has been the class of the field and Michael has always had a team mate in the same equipment that I would at best rate as b class driver.

My ideal season would be with Kimi and Michael in the same equipment..and this actually seem possible for next year...to show all the Schumacher fans that he is a top driver but no A. Senna.

I would judge Alonso after he has been a year or so with Mclaren.

The nat thread is more or less dead anyways so why not some f1 chat. Lol.

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #875
Tech Rookie

Default new

Hello i'm new here. i have a r/c that can fast. It can run it batteryin 2 minten
bosshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #876
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Finally!! A ROAR race with so little contorversy that we have to dig up something that happened over ten years ago in F1 to have something to argue about!!

Way to go Billy, Javier and the rest of the SWR crew!

Last edited by Jack Smash; 06-14-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #877
Tech Rookie

Sorry to interrupt, but please don't mention Niki Lauda in the same sentence as those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
a lucky driver can win one or two World Championships in THE BEST equipment (i.e. Lauda, Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve)
combustible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #878
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm kind of wondering if you guys knew that there was an F1 thread on here?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...33#post2434033
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #879
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Finally!! A ROAR race with so little contorversy that we have to dig up something that happened over four years ago in F1 to have something to argue about!!

Way to go Billy, Javier and the rest of the SWR crew!
Yea I was just thinking the same thing, that and I flippin wasted my money on a case of popcorn, I only had to pop 2 bags
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #880
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default LMFAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshog
Hello i'm new here. i have a r/c that can fast. It can run it batteryin 2 minten

ROFL, LMFAO
Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:43 PM   #881
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna555
Sorry to say guys Senna to M Schumacher is like apples to oranges.

Senna is the top driver since maybe Jim Clark.

I have seen this comparison before and it comes down to the fact that your only as good as who you are driving against. Michael is a top driver but he has not had the same level of competition that Senna faced in his battles with Prost.

Michael has on average had equipment that has been the class of the field and Michael has always had a team mate in the same equipment that I would at best rate as b class driver.

My ideal season would be with Kimi and Michael in the same equipment..and this actually seem possible for next year...to show all the Schumacher fans that he is a top driver but no A. Senna.

I would judge Alonso after he has been a year or so with Mclaren.

The nat thread is more or less dead anyways so why not some f1 chat. Lol.

Jamie
Ahhh! A Fan that compares the level of competetion that a driver had to deal with in his era. Bravo! I Thought I was the only analytical thinking man out there when it came to this.

I love this! The ROAR Nats thread has been over run with F1! Schumacher must have been driving.

Yeah Senna ran into Prost but it was a payback and Prost was at the time a 3 time World Champion. Schumacher would run his Grandama over to win a raffle. ROFL ROFL
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #882
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

i'm waiting for someone to question schumachers eligibility based on nationality.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:39 PM   #883
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ever wonder what some of the Nascar guys would do in those machines....obviously most are the good ole boys who just turn left but what about guys like Rudd, Robby Gordon, Tony Stewart, Rusty Wallace....they were all road racers. I seem to remember a few years back Jeff Gordon jumped into either an IRL or Champ car and turned times that would have put him top 2 or 3 and he never was in that type of car before...F1 cars are their drivers are the Elite, this I do know....but ya just gotta wonder.

Oh and forgive my ignorance if anyone has actually crossed over from Nascar....I know a few Indy guys went back and forth years ago but I stopped following it all that closely. I do remember waking up Sunday mornings and watching Senna just set the car on auto pilot and win just about every week....He was McClarren back then right? (told ya I'm way outta the loop now)
Old 06-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #884
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys as the importer of RP tires I would like to get some feed back on how the RP36's ran at the Nats.

So far I have talked to a few of the Pro Mod guys and they were really happy. Can I get some opinions from the privateers out there?

Thanks...
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #885
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Hey guys as the importer of RP tires I would like to get some feed back on how the RP36's ran at the Nats.

So far I have talked to a few of the Pro Mod guys and they were really happy. Can I get some opinions from the privateers out there?

Thanks...
those tires worked great and not much wear. the rims were interesting what type of plastic were they?
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote