Sorex aren't premounted.
James better get to work now
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At this point we're not sure, but most likely it will be a premount of some sort, just not sure which one yet. The problem with the Sores is we CAN'T get it premounted, and teching something you glue on your own is cumbersome and awkward with everything else that has to go on techwise and race wise. The companies that supply the premounts are used to working with the large type events that need a premount and "work with" the hosting track. I know that if we went that route we would be able to draw on that relationship and would not have to worry about distribution channels, not getting enough tires on time, etc..
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:54 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

time to open a seperate savings account for all the races next year..

hmm.....
Old 10-24-2005, 06:47 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Would like to get everybody thinking im not shure but is that the same weekend as the KO Grand Prix just a question ???????????????
Old 10-24-2005, 08:53 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bowser
Would like to get everybody thinking im not shure but is that the same weekend as the KO Grand Prix just a question ???????????????
KO is usually the last weekend of June. Sounds like this is going to be a great race. From the pictures it looks like a really nice track. I'm going to have to mark my calendar for this race.
Eric Gebhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Whats up Bowser..
Hope to see you and Dave here.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:41 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceric
KO is usually the last weekend of June. Sounds like this is going to be a great race. From the pictures it looks like a really nice track. I'm going to have to mark my calendar for this race.
Yea I'm not sure ...that was really the only weekend I could schedule in June, 2 weeks after the Reedy race ....the last 2 weeks in June are "consumed" by the Placer county fair (our track is in the fairgrounds parkiong lot), before June you're always dancing with the rain gods, July and August are extremenly hot in Roseville, and although us "locals" are used to it, I don't think it would make for the most comfortable multiple day nats racing.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:42 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Billy B. You da MAN, see you in June.....

Greg
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Wow...Looks like another excuess to head west....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:47 AM   #25
TLRacing

Awesome....I am sure Sorex USA will make sure they have premounts for that race.

When is the SW cup? I am sure that will be the warmup?
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello to all, Sorry about not being able to accommodate everyone on the race date. The race schedule is in the best interest for the racers and their families that we have chosen.
We are not stepping on other race dates for this race. I know that all racers make plans and race other races every year like clock work, but my wife Tracy, Javier, SWR Staff and I would hope to see you at the 2006 R.O.A.R. Nationals.
SpeedWorld Challenge Cup is before the Nationals and yes it will be a great warm up race.
The tire issue is not a major problem at all. Team Sorex can receive in tires and inserts with no problem at all. Yes, I would like to see Sorex Tires being used at the Nationals, but it probably would not be the smartest move just because I own the Sorex USA. It just all about putting on a memorable race for all you racers and families not which tires we will use.
We are currently talking with Schumacher about using their tires for the Nationals. Team Sorex Japan just does not what to do pre-mount tires so that does give the advantage to Schumacher on using their tires for the race. I know over the years that all races have been using pre-mount tires so again, why change to have the racers do more testing on something they do not use much of.
Thank you for every bodies kind words and input for the race. I would like to give a SPECIAL THANKS to Javier Arroyo for totally helping SWR receive this race. His on line sign up that he started with SWR is spreading through out the U.S. Javier is presenting his on line sign ups to other race tracks for racing; itís easy and works great. Auto pro will also be used and other great features will be used to make the race even more awesome.

Hope to see you and the Nationals.
Thank you Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #27
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Congrats on getting the nats again Billy!

Couldn't ask for a better facility or bunch of people to be running the race!

I look forward to seein' you at the SW cup and at the race!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #28
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Well, I think SOREX being the handout is fine.......hardly a conflict. Your race, so you can choose which products to use. The Sorex tires are very good tires, in fact, a lot of people like them better....we often use them up here over the other brands....

I will have to check on the rule, but I don't think premounted is required....it just has to be a handout. I don't think you would get much arguement out of the racers if they had to glue up their own tires.....I know some would prefer it, as the premount stuff isn't always done the best (regardless of which company does it).

Glad to see you guys got the race.....nice to see something on the west coast.....these 5 hour flights suck...

Later EddieO
Old 10-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Where do we sign up for the Bar Tour? LOL

Not that I would do anything like that........

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:41 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Advil-I will put your name on the list!!