R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
I called that one haha. Do yourself a favor and replace the plastic cvds while you're at it
Haha yes you did. I need to fix a one of my steering knuckles also. One wheel is wobbly so I really couldn't get a good feel on the speed because the car was everywhere! but it does have a ton more power. We will see what happens Monday! Just gonna upgrade metal diff gears and aluminum CVD, out drive part
NewXGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:38 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Yeah man you gotta get that knuckle fixed and consider getting some aluminum ones. Gotta maintain the car well and often if you're into speed.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:21 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Yeah man you gotta get that knuckle fixed and consider getting some aluminum ones. Gotta maintain the car well and often if you're into speed.
What speeds do you think the 5700kv sidewinder 3 is capable of with a 3s ?
Old 06-21-2015, 03:59 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewXGen View Post
What speeds do you think the 5700kv sidewinder 3 is capable of with a 3s ?
Probably at least 100 mph if geared around 3.00 fdr and a better 3s than you have. Something with a higher C rating and maybe a bit more mah.

What body are you using? Aerodynamics come into play in a big way after around 60-65 mph. It wont want to stay on ground very much without an aerodynamic body.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I still run stock cvd myself.. don't see a need for alum. on the knuckle check to make sure the bolt that goes in the bottom is still there.
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:27 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Probably at least 100 mph if geared around 3.00 fdr and a better 3s than you have. Something with a higher C rating and maybe a bit more mah.

What body are you using? Aerodynamics come into play in a big way after around 60-65 mph. It wont want to stay on ground very much without an aerodynamic body.
Right now the stock tc4 body.

Phil I checked it's there. The issue is where the bearing sits in the knuckle. The bearing has room to wobble due to the hex thing that the holds the wheel rubbing against it. It made the hole where the bearing sits a little bigger on the outside. It was missing a small washer that sits behind the little bar which holds the CVD to the knuckle. Fixed it but need new knuckle now. I'm excited to try it out once fixed Monday when my lhs is open.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #22
Tech Addict

That has happen to some knuckles for me too. The hole for the bearings get bigger than the bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewXGen View Post
Right now the stock tc4 body.

Phil I checked it's there. The issue is where the bearing sits in the knuckle. The bearing has room to wobble due to the hex thing that the holds the wheel rubbing against it. It made the hole where the bearing sits a little bigger on the outside. It was missing a small washer that sits behind the little bar which holds the CVD to the knuckle. Fixed it but need new knuckle now. I'm excited to try it out once fixed Monday when my lhs is open.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:32 PM   #23
Tech Addict

I am very surrprised the plastic cvd bones hold up for you Phildoggg. I soon started snapping them as soon as I started using 3s from 2s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildoggg View Post
I still run stock cvd myself.. don't see a need for alum. on the knuckle check to make sure the bolt that goes in the bottom is still there.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

I put a tc4 together with scraps roller is completely stock i use a lower kv motor on 3s with a 45t pinion n a 49t spur for speed runs only so heat is not an issue an i always push start to avoid cogging.
jmlracing is offline   Reply With Quote