Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mini-z

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roger
Yeah, I got it yesterday . Im stil figuring out a paint scheme.

Chris: I ordered my VDS body from www.rcmart.com
is it easy to fit what mods do you need for car to get it to fit
Old 12-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris-steele
is it easy to fit what mods do you need for car to get it to fit
Its a direct bolt on to any MR-02 and MR-015. No mods needed.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

A few pics from H-Town!
Attached Thumbnails mini-z-mvc-001s.jpg   mini-z-mvc-002s.jpg   mini-z-mvc-003s.jpg   mini-z-mvc-005s.jpg   mini-z-mvc-004s.jpg  

Old 12-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Can the Airtronics M11 be used??

Has anyone used the M8 module for the mini-z's in the new M11?

Will it work?
Old 12-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ffiB
A few pics from H-Town!
Quite the hightech drivers stand!
Old 12-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ike
Quite the hightech drivers stand!

Short guys! LOL

Come to think of it, a couple of them kicked some arse in Cali not too long ago.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

ffib: Nice track set-up.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

U can find setups and race reports on the forum of this webpage:

http://www.xtremehobby.es/foros/index.php

Itīs in spanish...but i can translate anything you want..., just click on MiniZ section
Old 12-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

You can also find TONS of set-up information for all mini-z cars at: www.minizracer.com
Old 12-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default HELP on Iwaver

Hey all,

I got home from Hobbytown, put what little needed to be done on the Iwaver 02 Saleen to run it and then found it had an unsoldered wire and is so tweaked its virtually undriveable with the body OFF and when you put the body on, it IS undriveable. The rear pod gets bound up with the body on-so much so that it sits on only three wheels.

Anyone got one and besides driving back to the store and returning it, know what to do to fix it?

Ray
Old 12-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Hey all,

I got home from Hobbytown, put what little needed to be done on the Iwaver 02 Saleen to run it and then found it had an unsoldered wire and is so tweaked its virtually undriveable with the body OFF and when you put the body on, it IS undriveable. The rear pod gets bound up with the body on-so much so that it sits on only three wheels.

Anyone got one and besides driving back to the store and returning it, know what to do to fix it?

Ray
Return it and get a KYOSHO MR-02MM. Those Iwaiver cars are faaaarrrrrrr away from kyosho's quality. Looks like the manufacture that produces Iwaiver wanted to get in for the quick buck with poor design characteristics and cheap plastics. I seen those Iwaiver cars at the track and im sorry to say are junk. Do yourself a favor and exchange it. You'll be alot happier with kyosho. Goodluck. ( Sorry for being so blunt, but I just want you to have fun with a kyosho mini-z instead getting frustrated with imitations. )
Old 12-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Roger
Return it and get a KYOSHO MR-02MM. Those Iwaiver cars are faaaarrrrrrr away from kyosho's quality. Looks like the manufacture that produces Iwaiver wanted to get in for the quick buck with poor design characteristics and cheap plastics. I seen those Iwaiver cars at the track and im sorry to say are junk. Do yourself a favor and exchange it. You'll be alot happier with kyosho. Goodluck. ( Sorry for being so blunt, but I just want you to have fun with a kyosho mini-z instead getting frustrated with imitations. )

Thanks-blunt is good. Adding to this are two buttons on radio that dont work, led not lighting, loose parts, parts installed upside down.....
Old 12-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Ray,

Not only is Roger blunt, he's right Kyosho Mini-Z MR02-MM is the ticket. I know you race 1/10 scale and you will demand the best if you are anything like us. If you get one and get a 27MHz AM module for KO or Airtronics, the right tires on the right track, and a ball diff, you will find the little Z's work very well.

I have been doing Mini-Z since the beginning and I recall when I finally broke down and got my MR-02MM Enzo. Everybody, including Roger, had the McLaren or something else all tricked out and modded and I showed up my typical late self after work on a Friday. Nop practice I threw in some batts I charged the night before, took a wild guess at tires, and TQ'd It was funny, you could hear the loose tolerance gear diff from a mile away b ut you know what, that thing with a stock motor and stock 6t pinion was better out of the box than I could believe. IIRC I TQ'd stock and mod and won both as well that night with the above config.

The website Roger mentioned is the best site for Mini-Z and we hang out there. If you need any help, just holla.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you need parts for the mini z's, my friend runs a great site with all the must have hop-ups for the Z's. The site is www.reflexracing.net
We actually took two out of the three classes at the PN world cup in October...
Old 12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks. My Mini RC will be bone stock-except maybe for tires. This is supposed ot be a relaxing/basement/do with the little kids thing. I was so PO'd about the whole I02 thing. I was like-so much for having fun.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.