Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Foam Tire Theories

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Foam Tire Theories

My teammate and I were questioning each others theories on foam tires. I am thinking of experimenting with using the same tire all the way around (Purples or Magentas on the front instead of Cyan/Plaid) I would glue up the sidewalls and not sauce the whole front tire. The reasoning for this is I find I wear front tires quicker than rears, I want to be able to rotate tires front to rear.

My teammate's theory on my possible experiment is that without the Orange band on the fronts the tires would wear even quicker and it'd be more efficient to just keep truing the rears to match the fronts. I believe the bit of orange band is just there to prevent traction rolling and there would be some more wear on that outside edge though. I would be gluing up the sidewalls and only saucing the inner half of the front though

What are your guys take on this experiment?