Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Adds missing from Car Action

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chico
I also noticed in that same issue of RCCA, that the Stormer Hobbies add, was from like 4 years ago. They were still selling B3's, and the standered XXX buggies. I dont think Stormer told them to run that ad.
If you notice, they're selling XRay Evo 2 Freedom of Choice kits in that add, only the price and part number is for a Monster Stock motor. I know that's been in there at least for 2 years and has yet to be changed.

R
Old 10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lickrim
..nice move rick NOT getting last , you have to go out of your way to take out hodapp ..
Unfortunately the driver in question pulled off the track so quickly there was no chance to let him go back by. His car wasn't even broken! All he had to do was finish the race and he would have finished ahead of me overall. Although I find it interesting that not finishing last means so much to some people. I was happy to be in the A. And there really is no difference between 9th and 10th.

Lots of crying at that race. And I thought gas off-road guys were babies

We will never know if someone was intentionally trying to get an advantage. History tells me they were.

And I should clarify that by "they", I mean the sponsor, not the drivers.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
If there was no advantage intended, why was it done in the first place? Who at that level does ANYTHING to a motor that isn't intended to be an improvement?

Aside from that, everything in this thread about RCCA is fiction. No one here has any idea what the deal is wtih Trinity or RCCA.
The rule stated any C2 was fine. The early C2 motors were Hemi winds. Which are actually closer to an 18 turn than a 19 turn. Which this WAS LEGAL FOR THE IIC!! Becasue they were both a C2 by part number and name.

What Chad done was grab some Hemi arms at the shop and didnt pay attention that they didnt have comm locks on them. The Hemi winds without Comm locks were C1 arms which is a different motor all together. So that is where the problem came from. But let me state that even though they didnt have comm locks they were NOT ADVANCED AT ALL!!

So techniclly the motor was illegal because it lacked a comm lock but it didnt have any advantage becasue the comm with still centered.

EA
Old 10-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

just like the guys that practice over night at the nats in florida. WTF i was told by somebody that was thier..some racers turned on the lights and started running...why was the track not closed over night, to many trailers , so leaving the track gates open was for wrenching only...thats cheating ...rick does not own PEAK anymore he only runs the orion america motor dept..nice move rick NOT getting last , you have to go out of your way to take out hodapp ..
Actually the person that turned on the lights did it to set his trim and he told Joe about it first thing the next morning and Joe said it was Ok and thanks to that person for telling him and being honest. Lights were on for maybe 2-3 minutes and that was it.

Your "somebody" that was there was so high from smoking dope all night that he wouldnt have know what practice was to begin with.

You should have hit me up for some brushes at the race...I would have hooked ya up with some!!

EA
Old 10-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

LIKE SANDS THROUGH THE HOUR GLASS !!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

just like the guys that practice over night at the nats in florida. WTF i was told by somebody that was thier..some racers turned on the lights and started running...why was the track not closed over night, to many trailers , so leaving the track gates open was for wrenching only...thats cheating ...rick does not own PEAK anymore he only runs the orion america motor dept..nice move rick NOT getting last , you have to go out of your way to take out hodapp ..

A few guys ran out whole packs after the track had been closed and everyone was leaving. They were locals by the way...
Old 10-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
RCCA is pretty lame....
Main reason I buy it:
It just gives me something to flip through while sitting on the can.
and something then to wipe with
Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I went to the bookstore and I was laughing my ass off about the Stormer ad..

"New 3000 batteries just released".... Talking about mailing in in....