Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TRF414M2 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Racing at SoCal

Originally posted by reflekt
just wondering, but.. does anyone here run TRF414M/414M2/414 at socal raceway here in calif.? peace

-reflekt
I've got the M2 and race stock at socal. There are probably 6-10 guys running them in different classes.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

thats cool. when do u usually go. i go thursdays and saturdays. peaches.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

If I'm really lucky I can get over there one day a week... usually Wednesday or Thursday. Was over there on Wednesday when the Novak people were testing their brushless system.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

u lucky person u. ah, but they'll porbably be testing their system a lot from now on. but yeah, maybe i'll see u next thursday. lmk. peace.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm not sure which 414 thread to use, but since this one is specific to the 414...

Is the TRF 414MII still considered a "Limited Edition" chassis? Has anyone tried racing their car with the batteries across the chassis, rather than saddle pack?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2002, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

whatsup,

i guess it is a "limited edition" but it's not nearly as limited as the 414m or prevous 414's. this is the most popular one since surikarn won the IFMAR championship. but to get to ur question. i run my batteries running saddle as well as accross the chassis with a side by side pack and it works fine. just make sure u buy good velcro straps (preferrably the ones made by Express), and they'll stake stuck there. but you'll still want to go saddle since the cells sit in the slots and they wont move at all. peace.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by DEACON
I'm not sure which 414 thread to use, but since this one is specific to the 414...

Is the TRF 414MII still considered a "Limited Edition" chassis? Has anyone tried racing their car with the batteries across the chassis, rather than saddle pack?

Thanks
I don't think the M2 is a limited edition car because:
* Tamiya's website doesn't say it is
* Chassis isn't #ed
* readily available

As far as your batteries go, if by 'across the chassis' you mean a stick pack it will work great since that is what it was designed for. If you mean putting your side by side pack in it look to spend lots of time with a dremel. You'll have to remove alot of material to get your pack in, especially past the battery bars and where your battery wires attach.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

dalem,

i think ur confusing "side by side" packs with saddle packs. if he was to use a saddle pack, THEN he would need a dremel tool to cut those pieces off so the cells can sit in the slots. but with a side by side or a stick pack, it would work fine. with a stick pack, u can use the provided holders that come with the kit. but the a side by side pack, u can just use velcro, or make some modifications to the provided stick pack holders. actually, u dont even need to make any mod's for a side by side pack if u wanna use the holders. the only thing is u'll have to keep unscrewing those holders in order to change a battery, since side by side packs can't be slipped into the holders like a stick pack.

and as for the trf414m2 being limited, i also agree that it probably isn't limited. i'm sure tho that they'll stop making it some time, and then it will in some way become "limited". but not for a while.

here's a pic of my car with a side by side pack in it.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF414M2 Forum-sidebyside.jpg  
Old 11-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm not confused... but my post may have been confusing.

Three battery mounting choices:

1 - saddle pack -> cut out edges on lower chassis
2 - stick pack -> use plastic battery tray
3 - side by side -> use plastic battery tray BUT

you can't get a side by side into the battery tray because they're too wide at the battery bars & wire solder points. You'll need to widen those areas to use the plastic battery tray.

Your method with velcro is probably the easiest if you have other cars that use side by side packs.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dalem
If you mean putting your side by side pack in it look to spend lots of time with a dremel. You'll have to remove alot of material to get your pack in, especially past the battery bars and where your battery wires attach.
in ur prevoius post, u said what i've quoted above. when in reality, to use a side by side pack , it would require little to no effort. and would require no use of a dremel tool to remove any "material" if u mean the carbon fiber chassis. and stick pack is easy and ever. saddle is really the only way it would require some effort to cut the chassis.

but in ur post u just posted, you just reiterated my previous post..

anyway, we provided the info. thanx.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys the 414 is a great racingTC.
Hi race my 414 in the stock rubber this car is fast.
Thanks to Tom-TRF at tamiya Canada in Toronto.

Here my car the 414 mellow yellow www.geocities.com/stinsonspeed/

Last edited by Rob pacheco; 11-16-2002 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

ok, that seems pretty weird. what did u do to dye ur parts yellow liek that? and does any of it rub off? peaches.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe he re-anodised the parts....
Old 11-18-2002, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

and....how do u do that.....?
Old 11-18-2002, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

That is a question for Rob pacheco.
But I know it is a chemical process....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.