Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Telemetry Module

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spektrum Telemetry Module

Pretty sweet, looks like Horizon has 'em listed at about $140.

The unit does temperature, voltage, RPM, and lap times (like the orion lap counter does).

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Better/Telemetry.html
Old 10-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ps took them long enuf
Old 10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All of a sudden I'm feeling alot better about my Spektrum Purchase.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Attended iHobby show yesterday and Spektrum had the unit in action so you could see real time results right there. Very impressed after having an opportunity to see it operational. This should be a good tool for gas racers, and also electric to monitior information while practicing/testing.

the lap counting function has a little bonus in that with one unit on the track and with the telemetry bound to your transmitter/car everyone using this system can operate off that lone unit that is actually near the track. The range is several hundred feet for any of the information update so it seems your pit man or unit need not be near the drivers stand.

looking forward to trying this myself soon.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it would be cool for the nitro guys, if they made a fuel thing, to tell you how much fuel you have in you tank...it would do alot for guessing on pit times
Old 10-23-2005, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex_kipper
it would be cool for the nitro guys, if they made a fuel thing, to tell you how much fuel you have in you tank...it would do alot for guessing on pit times

Yes... that would be amazing !
Old 06-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Telemetry Help

Hi to all, please i need a lot of help with my new spektrum telemetry combo. The big thing here for me is that i donīt know how to plug everything in the right place, but first, i have to combo for my electric car, i have a new t2 xray with a novak 5.5 system, what i really want from the telemetry is to know my voltage, but when i plug everything the voltage never went more then 4.28 v using a 3300 7.2 v battery pack, so something was wrong, i just got my module number 3 and i donīt want to burn this one, i m very sad with all this reallly and when i call horizon they donīt really help, so please if any one knows how i can solve this problem, please let me know, thanks so much...
Old 06-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carlos2780
Hi to all, please i need a lot of help with my new spektrum telemetry combo. The big thing here for me is that i donīt know how to plug everything in the right place, but first, i have to combo for my electric car, i have a new t2 xray with a novak 5.5 system, what i really want from the telemetry is to know my voltage, but when i plug everything the voltage never went more then 4.28 v using a 3300 7.2 v battery pack, so something was wrong, i just got my module number 3 and i donīt want to burn this one, i m very sad with all this reallly and when i call horizon they donīt really help, so please if any one knows how i can solve this problem, please let me know, thanks so much...
Right, having looked at this http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...try_manual.pdf
It looks like you need to solder the supplied battery harness to your battery terminals on your speedo. It's on page 15 of the pdf file.
HiH
Ed
Old 06-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by carlos2780
You're reading the reciever voltage after the BEC kicks it down. You need to have leads going directly to the battery to read the voltage from it.

The spektrun is getting to be quite expensive if you plan on going telemetry.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is there a way to have it alert you when the voltage drops below a certain point? I would like to take the lipo pludge but all the over discharging talk has got me alittle worried.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I guess the only way i would get it, is if i was into Nitro onroad or offroad, especially 8th scael buggy! Gas truck would be pretty kool also!