Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indi 16x9v6 Charger question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

That battery heat sink will probably cost a pretty penny as well!

Tres-- You back making faceplates again yet?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Casper:
Not yet, but should be VERY soon...

Checkout:
http://www.eaglemodel.com/jp-net/menu-jp.html
Old 05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
from what i have read, the output on the 16x9v6 doesnt work unless your trying to power up something like a LED or something tiny like that. The failsafe disconnects the power to the banana plugs as soon as a draw is noticed. Again this is from a forum on the integy website, and no response from integy themselves.

I did the fix last night. takes two seconds but does void your warranty. Take off the top of the case, you'll see two circuit boards. the one at the front is the powersupply, and the one at the rear, with the massive heatsink is the charger board. You'll see two red and two black wires coming from the front circuit board to the rear one. You can also follow where the banana plugs are soldered onto the rear board. cut these wires, and solder them to the same connection as the two red and two black wires from the powersupply. Took me two seconds to complete, and worked fine last night at racing. I may make a change tho, im going to put an inline fuse in the Banana plug red wire, to ensure it doesnt short for whatever reason. But for now, im happy again with my charger. I ran my 16x5v6b off the 16x9v6 and worked perfectly. Im going to put it to the test soon, Im going to make a power board, and run my dyno, lathe and 16x5v6b off it. They say its a switching powersupply, so it should be fine if its over loaded, should just shut down. But hey.... i beleived i was able to connect another charger to the 16x9v6.....
If you do this mod, does that mean that you can't use 12v dc INPUT? I have this charger, and sometimes use it directly off a battery, so I can't make the mod if it will not allow 12 v dc in.

Maybe add 2 jacks wired directly to the power supply bypassing the failsafe? So I would have 12 v in, and 12 v out??? Would it work???
Old 05-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bike racer
If you do this mod, does that mean that you can't use 12v dc INPUT? I have this charger, and sometimes use it directly off a battery, so I can't make the mod if it will not allow 12 v dc in.

Maybe add 2 jacks wired directly to the power supply bypassing the failsafe? So I would have 12 v in, and 12 v out??? Would it work???
I would like to know the same thing.