Real Race Simulator

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Real Race Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

But I've got sound. It's just the computer won't recognise the Real Racer Controller. Everything is perfect except I can't use the RR controler with it. Sorry If I didn't explain properly.
Old 02-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Per
Tech Initiate

Is the game port on your Soundboard? Then it may have some effect when you reinstall.

I think Ron ment that if you reinstall soundboard then maby it will fix the gameport.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

O ok thanks, I'll give'er a shot. Cheers Ron, Per.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Have you downloaded the update on the realrace site?

I had the same problem until I downloaded the update. Now, it sees the controller fine.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

No I havn't yet. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

This may not be the right place, but does anyone know if (and where) I can order a Serpent VRC-1 gizmo? I would like to use my actual controller instead of the one supplied with RealRace.

So far I have only been able to find a place in Germany ( i think its germany, but i dont really know seeing as how i cant read it :-) ) and I am hoping to locate a dealer in the US.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

Have we started the e-racing yet? what is the final desision are we still going to try this or what?
Old 03-06-2002, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Asphalt challenge?

Ron:

what's your best lap time for the Asphalt Challenge? ... also, with me having no knowledge about the bigger engines, how come there's so much power difference between .21 and .26? is that the actual case? .21 seems to give more power than .26 ...

and how do you create those custom cars like HPI etc? do you measure the actual cars and feed the figures?
Old 03-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cracker78
This may not be the right place, but does anyone know if (and where) I can order a Serpent VRC-1 gizmo? I would like to use my actual controller instead of the one supplied with RealRace.

So far I have only been able to find a place in Germany ( i think its germany, but i dont really know seeing as how i cant read it :-) ) and I am hoping to locate a dealer in the US.
Just call Serpent USA and order it directly. (305) 639-9665

Trips
Old 03-07-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default Ok Guys...here we go...

I'm expecting my Real Race to be here today...I want to practice Offroad, as I haven't raced in over 3 years, and the Cactus Classic is next weekend...if I'm in anything higher than the LAST main, I'll be happy!

After next weekend though, I want to really concentrate on On-Road, both Electric TC, and Nitro TC...I'm definitely up for some online racing...If I hack you guys, I won't feel too terribly bad, as I won't have broken anything!!!

Any hints/tips for starting this sim up? Any updates to check for?
I'm running a PIII 1Gig, with 512Meg RAM, and a 64Meg GeForce2 video card...anything I need to know about hardware related?

Thanks guys!! Looking forward to hacking, I mean Having fun!

Ron
Old 03-08-2002, 05:17 AM
Per
Tech Initiate

Hello

First. Update your RealRace at http://www.realrace.com . I think version 1.00.174 is the latest.

If you think your controller is unaccurate buy an USB adapter or the FX Racing Wheel

Then you can go to my RealRace page. RealRace Internet World . (http://w1.237.telia.com/~u23704310/index.html)

If you want to race Off-Road I recommend you to download the Tripple X car. For On-Road download the HPI Super and Xtacy Pro Spec.

When you race Off-Road on the Dirt bowl, lower the track to about 6 ft. (i think) or 0.8 meters.

I welcome you to sign up to the driver database at RRIW.
Old 03-08-2002, 07:19 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

Anyone know where i can get another one of the FX racing wheels? i have tried 4 differnt controlers and thats the best one ive tried so far.

ive tried the RealRace controler, the Traxxas one, the older intereact ultra racer PC, and this FX one and its by far the best one i have ever used yet. It even has force feedback.

Ive been playing Nascar4 and 2002 and its the best controler i have for that game also. it has a nice feel and its the most acurate controler i have
Old 03-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

depends on many things what my lap times are, for one wich car? and wich engine? stock or tweaked?

The .21 engines is a 2 stroke engine and the .26 is a 4 stroke, the .26 doesnt have the top end that the .21 or any 2 stroke has. The .26 has a very smooth powerband and reaches top rpms very quickly where the 2 strokes take a little more to wind up.

if you are using any of the cars that i or anyone eolse has tweaked then they are wound up really tight, you can adjust the clutch so that it kicks in later in the power range and this adds alot more speed to the car. Also adjusting the fuel intake, the weight of the car (wich needs to be a rule) and the torque (also needs to be a rule)

most engines wont perform over 100% on real race you can go up to 150% torque and you can get a car moving so fast thats its almost impossible to control.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Best Time

... I mean the best time you've ever done on the track regardless of car and engine ...
Old 03-12-2002, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default Got mine

Hi All...finally got mine, and started playing with it a little bit...I notice that I need to add some right trim, as the car always wants to pull to the left a little...I'm going to pick up one of those Gameport-->USB adapters, and see if that helps...I'm sure it'll help the twitchiness...

Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.