Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Real Race Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is what good for practicing? I race against my own recordings. So I have like 3-6 cars I am racing against in the game. I think that once you reach a point where you can't get any better at driving the current car, then you can mess around with setups to see if it makes you faster or slower. Although, you can also mess with setups and learn what each one does to the car even before you race against your own recordings. I just think that seeing if a setup is faster, you'll need a bench mark to go by. Just take my recording, Pick the Omega Force Car and not change it, then Pick the Parking lot track. And on the recording, check the box that says something like Correlate current settings to Recording. This will allowyou to race with the settings I had set it to, which was what Ron had his set to in his recording. Then race! I have some others on that same track if you want them as well. Enjoy!

Jimmy Mac
Old 03-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Okay, just accomplished my goal of 20 laps in an almost flawless race against 4 other mini me's on the parking lot track. Did 20 laps at 5:15.4 My link is as follows. I hope it's the 20 lap one. If not it's one of my 19 lap races. http://intyrestudios.tripod.com/jimmygas2.zip Don't forget to right click on the link and "save target as." So has anyone made a T3 or a XXX-T MF car yet in the game? Been looking to practice some off-road. I guess I'll have to measure my T3 here soon. I'll probably do the basic setup from the FT kit. Anyone interested once I get it measured? Well let me head off to bed. Take it easy!
Old 03-26-2002, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

I have only been able to race against one recorded me. How do you get more?
Old 03-26-2002, 12:02 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

push and hold the ctrl button, highlight more than one car.

I found that when you get more cars running you get more lag, because each cars needs its on physic propertires generated, thats another key problem when racing online. For 1 knife edge used the slower D3D insted of using openGL, OpenGL is faster and doesnt require as much power as D3D. But who ever the powers that be are trying to force GL out.

Some on asked if this helps R/C, well ofcorse it does. For 1 its cheap you dont waste gas or break parts you can race day or night rain or shine. This helps hand eye cordination, it helps reactin time it helps your depth perseption and also helps your control and patience. Sure its not the same as actualy being up on the stand in an A main but its not a ultra racers cartoon game either. There are alot of tunning options on the cars i dont feel you need but its really has helped me alot and i was into R/C 10 years before realrace.

I know a few good guys at my local track that can pick up another racers car and controler and turn faster lap times then the owner and to me this is my goal, i want to be able to adjust to any driving style and controler feel quickly i dont want to be stuck in just one type of "push" or "hook" setup that i have always been use to. I want to be able to drive anything and also know what needs to be tuned if the car isnt driving right.

A few of the cars on this simm dont drive correct, after looking into each car i find its small details that were overlooked "probobly in the beta testing stage" some cars have to much body down force and drive wrong at speed, and some just dont have a good default setup.

If anyone is looking for offroad cars i have a few i built on the RealRace interenet world site. i tried to stick with 1/8 scale and 10th scale truck. They are based off actual cars then tweaked to drive more realistic due to the physics of the game.

I think what i did was drive alot of parkinglot then try and get the offroad cars to drive similar to that, not sure but i can turn some pretty fast lap times with them.

try and mix up your recorded races when you race against them, i found that when i did that i waited for flaws in the recorded race like a mistake or a crash it still made my times faster but i didnt drive my hardest because i knew the other car would wreck soon or make a small mistake.
Old 03-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

Latley i have been playing alot of online nascar4 and nascar 2002, ive only had this game for about 3-4 weeks and i already have a good record. Using the R/C style of controler has helped me pick up the controles very quickly and i can stay smooth and run fast with the guys taht have been playing it since its been avlable. This to i feel is good because its keeping me loose for R/C and its fun.

When are we going to do the e-racing? has this started yet? i think i missed it or somthing. Did the idea fall threw or are there some problems?
Old 03-26-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Okay, Parking Lot track 20 Laps at 5:13.9... Omega Force GS... This game is helping me with consistancy. Something I really need..

http://intyrestudios.tripod.com/jimmygas3.zip
Old 03-27-2002, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Well I've been told that some of my Races have uhhh Restarts in them. Sorry about that. I'll post some that don't have them. I think I have one or two.... But I'll do that later, my girl friend told me to get off the computer.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Screenshot

Hey guys...I may have missed it in here somewhere, but how do I get a screen shot?
I've been running the Xtacy Pro Spec on the Parking lot, and the best I've done is 12/4:01
If I could get the entrance into the S's down smoother and get consistent through there, I think I'll be able to pull a 14 out of it...just need to work on it...

Ron
Old 03-30-2002, 02:11 AM
Ron
Tech Adept

why are you only running 4 minutes? we run 5 here in most classes just curious why your not changing the time. there is a button on you rkeyboard called "prtscn" you push that and it saves the image of the screen to your memory, then exit realrace and open paint. Paste the image to the paint and then shrink or edit the image, i normaly run 1024X768 res but if im saving an image i run smaller so i save a smaller file. The image looks smaller and takes less space.

With a good setup on the parkinglot i only let off the throttle in the S turns and im full on the throttle threw the rest of the corse. I may lift at times if i over steer or under steer a section but i am normaly full on the gas running parkinglot.

That track seems to be designed to run wide open, the turns just seem to fit the full speed line.
Old 03-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys what is your fastest time for the parking lot track. Just the times in 5min races and the no. of laps that you've gotten with an electric (2wd or 4wd), 2-speed, any motor, any car and as many batt's as you want?

My best is 24 laps with a time of 5:08. With an Omega.

How do I stack-up?
Old 03-30-2002, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default Old Habits die hard...

Hi Ron...Ever since I started racing, it was always 4 minute races, so that's what I've gotten used to...even now, at SRS, they run 4 minute races in TC..although last night he threw us a loop, and we ran a 5-minute main...I ddn't know it until he said 3:15 down, 1:45 left... LOL!!!
I do run the rest of the course wide open...I just really need to work on smoothness and consistency though the S's...

Ron
Old 03-30-2002, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Ok, here's my first attempt at a 5 minute race...Parking Lot, with the Xtacy ProSpec, parking lot conditon set to about 75%.
Also my first attempt at a screen shot...
Attached Thumbnails Real Race Simulator-az-rons_16lap.jpg  
Old 04-01-2002, 12:44 PM
Per
Tech Initiate

Default Daemon Tools. Virtual CD on Harddrive

http://www.daemon-tools.com

No need for CD swapping. Now you can play directly from HD.

It uses the images of many popular burning programs (like e.g. FantomCD, Simdisc, Disc Juggler, CloneCD, Blindwrite, DiscDump, CDRWin and others). And this is one of DAEMON Tools' biggest advantages - you can immediately mount a created image of your CD as a virtual DVDROM
Old 04-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

Per has been sleeping again.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys...what's your best time using the Xtacy ProSpec on the Parking lot course, in a 5 minute race...I'm trying to figure out how far off the mark I am... Best to date is 16/5:03

Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.