Wiki Posts
Search

How do you organize you RC Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uscgretired
That Plano is what I use, each chassis gets its own box for parts so I can carry parts for two cars and use the third box for tools, the smaller box that slips into side gets misc parts that are used on multiple cars. I left one smaller box out and use the compartment for traction fluids, brush, rag, tape...In the top I have my charger and power supply. It works well, real happy with the purchase.
I will get this box today over at our local Walmart store...
Old 05-17-2015, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by b20btec
The label maker is a winner, one time buy no ink, only expense is labels. Here's a acrylic and carbon fiber base spring holder.

Where can you buy this box? So organized.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe another way to organize RC stuff would be to buy this bag or something similar.
Attached Thumbnails How do you organize you RC Parts?-racersedgehauler-1.jpg  
Old 05-17-2015, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
I will get this box today over at our local Walmart store...
Keep in mind there are different type of boxes. They have different configurations, check Planos website.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Maybe another way to organize RC stuff would be to buy this bag or something similar.
I use a roller for my cars, tools, and setup station.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's what I use for small parts, screws & etc, found these on ebay. I simply cut the name & part number off the packaging and slip it in the small box.

Just found this Husky tool box at Home Depot, currently using it for battery chargers, batteries and misc electrical wiring, but it can be a great car hauler too.

May end up using it for car transport with some foam padding to keep the car centered. In this pic the car is sitting on a Yeah Racing short car stand. The Husky box was only $25, the small plastic boxes within the larger plastic box set was around $10, if my older memory serves me.

Last edited by OttoKrosse; 05-17-2015 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Where can you buy this box? So organized.
It's made by a company called Asuka Create. Not sure where you can it but it's not available in the states.

Last edited by b20btec; 05-17-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

for years i've been using lock-n-lock containers, but i've now swapped over to hefty clip fresh containers -- http://www.heftyfoodcontainers.com/. seem just as durable, and cheaper to buy.

for super small parts, nothing beats the small containers within a container sold by Xenon and TOP (along w/ their car stand)
- http://xenon.ocnk.net/product/471
- http://www.redrc.net/2012/06/t-o-p-c...parts-storage/

tire storage is a big problem. tc tires fit well in zip lock sandwich bags. 1/12th tires are harder. i don't have any good solutions yet.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
for years i've been using lock-n-lock containers, but i've now swapped over to hefty clip fresh containers -- http://www.heftyfoodcontainers.com/. seem just as durable, and cheaper to buy.

for super small parts, nothing beats the small containers within a container sold by Xenon and TOP (along w/ their car stand)
- http://xenon.ocnk.net/product/471
- http://www.redrc.net/2012/06/t-o-p-c...parts-storage/

tire storage is a big problem. tc tires fit well in zip lock sandwich bags. 1/12th tires are harder. i don't have any good solutions yet.
For 1/10th foam and rubber tires i use these things i got from home depot just sealed the end with packing tape so they are air tight.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/VIEWTAINE...7508/202524067
Old 05-17-2015, 06:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbamsey
For 1/10th foam and rubber tires i use these things i got from home depot just sealed the end with packing tape so they are air tight.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/VIEWTAINE...7508/202524067
yes - this is very similar to what uline sells. just gotta find the right size for 1/12th--
http://www.uline.com/Cls_15/Tubes
Old 05-18-2015, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Here's what I use for small parts, screws & etc, found these on ebay. I simply cut the name & part number off the packaging and slip it in the small box.

Just found this Husky tool box at Home Depot, currently using it for battery chargers, batteries and misc electrical wiring, but it can be a great car hauler too.

May end up using it for car transport with some foam padding to keep the car centered. In this pic the car is sitting on a Yeah Racing short car stand. The Husky box was only $25, the small plastic boxes within the larger plastic box set was around $10, if my older memory serves me.

All good ideas from you guys! It just takes a creative mind. I particularly liked cutting the labels and slipping in the small box. Who says we guys aren't organized huh?

Another follow-up question: How do you store your spare touring car bodies without it getting scratched/squished? The most logical thing is to put them in their original boxes BUT it consumes too much space.

Another option would be is to wrap them in it's original plastic then pack them loosely in plastic storage boxes.

I do love collecting Tamiya bodies and find myself running out of storage space.

Any more suggestions?
Old 05-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Pringles tubes make good budget tire storage
Old 05-18-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

These cases are hands down the best 12th scale tire holders Ive ever found. Dont remember the number right now but can look when i get home. Can get them at walmart. They are deep enough to stack two rear tires on top of each other or 3 fronts. You can get 8 pairs of rears in one row once they have been cut down a bit or 12 pairs of fronts per row.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have too many cars and spare parts, and I don't race at the track so I just use generic 'parts box' I bought from Amazon and place them in my drawer and shelves. Unless it is a universal part that can be used across the board (like ball joint cups, steering mounts, gears, etc), I mark the boxes for the specific chassis series.

For the larger parts still on its trees, I use stacks of plastic Sterilite 6qt "shoe boxes", and for tires a larger plastic container that looks like the shoe box. I buy these at Target.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3team
Pringles tubes make good budget tire storage
Another great idea!

What about the bodies I mentioned above?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.