Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 racing ssg chassis for tc4

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 3 racing ssg chassis for tc4

I have an SSG chassis, but have not used it yet. anyone know if it makes any real diference, or should I stick with the standard associated tub?

It does look really cool though!!!!

Anyone's experience with this chassis appreciated, a local driver said the motor mount wasnt very strong and the gear mesh would tighten under power?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEDave
I have an SSG chassis, but have not used it yet. anyone know if it makes any real diference, or should I stick with the standard associated tub?

It does look really cool though!!!!

Anyone's experience with this chassis appreciated, a local driver said the motor mount wasnt very strong and the gear mesh would tighten under power?
I think as long as the chassis is braced good flex will be at a minumum but a chassis with no toplate or side type bracing will flew alot and cause gears to strip.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Are you running on asphalt or carpet?

The tub should be fine on asphalt. On carpet, I'd look towards a BMI chassis or AE upgrade kit. The 3Racing chassis we had wasn't all that nice. Fit and finish was poor, performance was average compared to our car with the BMI. My biggest complaint with the motor mount was that it was tricky to get the screws IN the motor. Ended up running it a handful of times and buying another BMI. Had to take a dremel to the top deck of the 3Racing chassis just to get the pinion/spur to mesh, wasn't even close to touching the way it came let alone close to meshing properly - that was just sad. Add all the (really) rough edges.. ugh.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't get 3racing just because I know it hasn't had much development put into it whatsoever. That's the main reason they release parts like carbon chassis a couple of months are the release of kits. Associated on the other hand have taken a year or so. I'd save up and get the ft conversion if you want a carbon chassis at all. Sorry to so be negative about it...
Old 10-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys, I share your reservations which is why my TC4 still sits on its composite chassis.

will probably sell the graphite chassis at least I bought it cheap!!!!

ps I am running mainly ashfelt (tarmac)
Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Stick with the tubby! I tried the 3racing chassis, hated it on asphault. Its too stiff and made my car lose all its grip I had come accustomed to. I went back to the tub, and made use of the FT/Rear graphite gear box braces and nice blue aluminum ballstud carrier.
The graphite braces simply slip on the side of the gear box, then the blue aluminum carrier goes on top and gets screwed down, and holds the graphite brace in position. You will then need to add washers/spacers (3mm) under the brace where it screws into the chassis, you'll see what I mean if you do this. It may not be any better then stock, but it sure makes it look good!