Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Spektrum systems >

Spektrum systems

Spektrum systems

Old 10-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)
Default Spektrum systems

My son just bought a spektrum for his KO PROPO Helios radio. Last night at our track another racer who also has a Spektrum system had his car lock on wide open and fly off the track at the end of the race. Some of us were talking about how this isnt supposed to happen when anothe racer said othe modified guys experienced the same thing and ended up putting a capacitor in to store voltage. Apparently the stockers dont have this problem. Only the mods. Has anyone else experienced this problem and what did you find out or do?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have had low voltage before in my 1/8 scale buggy. I never have had a problem. The Spektrums have a failsafe in them that you should set up. For the electrics this really isn't an issue but I wouldn't say it was because of someone else turning on their radio. The first time I have heard of this problem was when I started to read the electric onroad forums again. I haven't heard of anyone using Spektrum, my way at least, having those issues.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

From what I've read some speed controls (blue ones in particular) they tend to have a weak BEC, 1amp. When you have a hot modified, a digital servo, and a personal transponder all plugged into the spektrum receiver it can experience a voltage loss. This can also happen to 1/12 racers since we run 4.8v with 19t motors.
To help prevent this go to either stormer hobbies, or horizons web sight and pick up some spektrum voltage protection devices. All it really is, is a 4700uf capacitor with a receiver lead soldered on, there like $4 or something.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Hi all , please tell me dose ne1 know if there's plans any time soon to release one of these systems for the Ko Esprit 2 ??

I've hear really good things about the spektrum system, but also that it's not yet made for my handset

Thanks

Rod
Old 10-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merciless
Hi all , please tell me dose ne1 know if there's plans any time soon to release one of these systems for the Ko Esprit 2 ??

I've hear really good things about the spektrum system, but also that it's not yet made for my handset

Thanks

Rod
All depends, if your radio has a replaceble TX module like any of the EX-1 series or Helios transmitters, then the Spektrum module will fit it NOW. But that's the only thing I'm not sure about(not as familiar with the stick transmitters, though I believe that one could be the same as an EX-1 series)...
Old 10-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

If his car went full speed into a wall, then he didn't setup the failsafe correctly. It should be set to straight steering and full brake, not full throttle.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

I had a similar problem with my spektrum when running a silver can motor with a personal transponder. It shut off and went crashing into the wall.. Obviously I didn't have my failsafe set correctly which I will change but what is the $4 part from Stormer Hobbies?

Will the part from Stormer correct this problem? Could it be something else with my setup as I am running a very tame engine.

Thanks,

Charley
Old 10-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

If you use a personal transponder, where do you plug in the voltage unit?

Charley
Old 10-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Merciless

Thanks

Rod
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...16#post1876316
Post #1411
Old 10-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charles_Howarth
If you use a personal transponder, where do you plug in the voltage unit?

Charley
The battery slot.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
The battery slot.
Ok.. One of the posts said open channel slots and didn't know if the battery slot would work.

Thanks a lot,

Charley
Old 10-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Cheers

I'd seen that info on Spektum's Webby (in the faq). Just wondered if anyone knew more as it also says that it might be produced for the ko esprit series in the future !!

And i thought the message boards might be a good place to ask ........

Thanks

Rod
Old 10-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Charles_Howarth
Ok.. One of the posts said open channel slots and didn't know if the battery slot would work.

Thanks a lot,

Charley
The power rails are common among all the slots, so yes, it will work.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Is Spektrum's website down?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

It doesn't appear to be down. I can access it just fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.