R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-25-2015, 12:24 AM   #76
Tech Initiate

No, the Grande Gambado seems to have the same gearing range and uses exactly the same gears as our "piccolo" Gambado. Pity.
Drachenschorsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:16 PM   #77
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenschorsch View Post
No, the Grande Gambado seems to have the same gearing range and uses exactly the same gears as our "piccolo" Gambado. Pity.
Yes quite a pity... I would love to install a 4.5T in a gambado and see all the boys eye popped in the track...
otaku521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:58 AM   #78
Tech Adept

Just wanted to ask what Diff grease everyone running? I am currently running on 45 Hardness RIDE putty... one thing that I found out is that the Diff screws get stripped easily, I had to result in using some OLD tamiya diff screws from TT-01/TT-02 Diffs as they are slightly longer... anyone having issues like I do?
Old 11-20-2015, 02:09 AM   #79
Tech Adept

After numerious other ABC Gambado drivers in the HK RCMart M Chassis Race have told me to get the oil dampers instead of using the kit yellow friction type I finally took the plunge to get it...

for those who are using the dampers (not the yellow friction type) what oil do you use? (how many CST) I have heard different ppl telling me different things..
on my tamiya TRF419 and other normal touring cars like Xrays they are using around 400cst on my home track

Some ppl are using 400cst but see some ppl go as up high as 1000-2000 cst?!
I know that higher is more suitable for a flatter track.... but that high?
Old 11-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #80
Tech Initiate

Sorry, I´m still using the yellow friction dampers, so I don´t have any sugestions. In my opinion, damping in a m-type chassis is highly overrated anyway...

I use 50 k diff oil at he momment, but I think the diff ist to stiff, because the car understeers heavily when acclelerating. The diff screws I got together with my repacement diff gear where shorter than the original screws, so I uset those instead.
Drachenschorsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #81
Tech Adept

Ran the gambado with damper 60 wt front and 40 wt rear
it seems smoother and the rear doesn't hop like I was experiencing in hair pins when I was using with yellow friction shocks (using Tamiya AW Grease)
Old 11-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenschorsch View Post
Sorry, I´m still using the yellow friction dampers, so I don´t have any sugestions. In my opinion, damping in a m-type chassis is highly overrated anyway...

I use 50 k diff oil at he momment, but I think the diff ist to stiff, because the car understeers heavily when acclelerating. The diff screws I got together with my repacement diff gear where shorter than the original screws, so I uset those instead.
50k is pretty loose for FWD. I think you need to go minimum 100K, if that still understeers try 500k. The only time I back off diff stiffness on the front is when the car understeers off throttle going into a turn.
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #83
Tech Rookie

Hi, i'm Gérald from France, i'm interesting in buying a gambado/grid (maybe route 246), but it's not easy to find information about this chassis (especially in France)
What gear ratio do you recommend for a 10.5 motor on a circuit with a long straight line? (i have a r10pro orion)
what parts do i have to order with my chassis? (maybe the aluminium steering set)
THX
(excuse me i'm not very good in english)
TAPASMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #84
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPASMAN View Post
Hi, i'm Gérald from France, i'm interesting in buying a gambado/grid (maybe route 246), but it's not easy to find information about this chassis (especially in France)
What gear ratio do you recommend for a 10.5 motor on a circuit with a long straight line? (i have a r10pro orion)
what parts do i have to order with my chassis? (maybe the aluminium steering set)
THX
(excuse me i'm not very good in english)
Gear Ratio is really dependant on your track design, ESC+Motor Heats and how well you fingers are

IMHO the chassis can only be ran in BLINKY MODE - running it with Turbo and/or boosted mode will strip the gears easily (as you can see in my previous posts)

As for the Chassis purchase:
http://abchobby.com/EG/page/support/store.html
you can see the list of distributers above:

what options to get is really up to how much you want to spend - In my opinion:
1) the ball diff kit is recommended - if you choose to stay with gear diff, I would suggest to either use putty or 1 million HUDY silicon oil instead of what they suggest. (and also extra diff housing because they strip easily)

2) metal gears for internal 20T and 25T

3) Tamiya AW grease for the yellow kit dampers

4) ABC YELLOW springs x2 for front and rear (Kit springs are very hard/high)

5) Optional Motor Plate (Thicker and stronger to survive against crashes)
Old 12-22-2015, 02:10 AM   #85
Tech Rookie

thank you for your answer;it's very nice to answer me.
ok for the blinky mode.
The rc-....rt naked version is insteresting , it have the metal gear,the optionnal motor plate...I can take the ball diff kit, a 24t 30t or 31t motor pinion, a 50/30 spur gear, springs..
What do you think about it?
Old 12-22-2015, 07:03 AM   #86
Tech Adept

Quote:
thank you for your answer;it's very nice to answer me.
ok for the blinky mode.
The rc-....rt naked version is insteresting , it have the metal gear,the optionnal motor plate...I can take the ball diff kit, a 24t 30t or 31t motor pinion, a 50/30 spur gear, springs..
What do you think about it?
Do you mean RC Mart edition? its quite a nice deal IMHO
it also includes the oil dampers - I have used 60WT in front and 40WT in the rear on my ABC Gambado (all optioned except it is plastic chassis - personal reason will not consider carbon chassis switch)

I am running 13.5T and using 30t motor pinion

I think all you have to buy are springs, motor pinions (48p) and maybe optional motor FAN bracket for gambado and thats about it

Last edited by otaku521; 12-22-2015 at 07:04 AM. Reason: more stuff to add... :)
Old 12-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #87
Tech Adept

just a reminder - the car comes pre-assembled 80% - But you still need to disassemble it dued to: (I really dont understand the logic of this from ABC...)
1) Add Diff Oil (they are running on tamiya white grease inside... WHY?!?!)
2) Add Damper oil (there is nothing inside)
3) Grease the Diff gear box with the internal gear box gears
4) (if you are like me... re-oil all the bearings)
Old 12-22-2015, 07:23 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku521 View Post
just a reminder - the car comes pre-assembled 80% - But you still need to disassemble it dued to: (I really dont understand the logic of this from ABC...)
1) Add Diff Oil (they are running on tamiya white grease inside... WHY?!?!)
2) Add Damper oil (there is nothing inside)
3) Grease the Diff gear box with the internal gear box gears
4) (if you are like me... re-oil all the bearings)
That is silly. Nanda/BSR kit comes partly assembled like the diffs and dampers, but completely separate from the chassis, etc. ABC should do the same if they want to do partial assembly. Let the builder put it together to prevent unnecessary wear on the fasteners...while lowering labor cost a tad more.
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:43 AM   #89
Tech Rookie

Yes the rcmart edition, but it's a bit expensive, and i have to take the ball diff.
Maybe i'll take the r246 with steel gear
Old 12-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #90
Tech Adept

Quote:
Yes the rcmart edition, but it's a bit expensive, and i have to take the ball diff.
Maybe i'll take the r246 with steel gear
if you take either version - you can use the gear diff for now... just remember to use putty or 1million hudy oil in the gear diff... you can hold buying the ball diff until you stripped the gear diff housing (by not running blinky or crashing too much that the gear binds and stripped together)

the metal gear parts are not expensive anyways and last a LONG time... better than plastic ones of course!

remmember to screw locks those gears they are only held by a small screw which will fall out after a couple of runs (manual will show you the ones to screw locks)