Search
Like Tree5Likes

ABC Gambado/Grid

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sakadachi
What the heck, ABC...

Are these chassis supposed to be powered no more than a silver can/21.5 brushless?
I guessed that they are designed on the silver can platform
Old 05-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Just checked my diff gear, everything is fine. Maybe it has something to do with driving style too, I always try to be as gentle as possibe with the throttle.

What bodyshells do you guys use? I always use Mini shells, at the moment I have a Montech Turbo Spidy. Itīs very light, but quality wise a Tamiya Racing Mini would have been a better choice.
Attached Thumbnails ABC Gambado/Grid-abc.jpg  
Old 05-01-2015, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drachenschorsch
Just checked my diff gear, everything is fine. Maybe it has something to do with driving style too, I always try to be as gentle as possibe with the throttle.

What bodyshells do you guys use? I always use Mini shells, at the moment I have a Montech Turbo Spidy. Itīs very light, but quality wise a Tamiya Racing Mini would have been a better choice.
Looks good! I only use the Tamiya Rover Mini bodies on all my m-chassis. If I get the ABC kit, then I would probably try the CivicR body though.

I suggest getting a small parts box worth of wear parts in your arsenal. Just keep it around for just in case, so that you can minimize down time. There is a part that I ordered from a Japanese hobby shop that is taking over 20 days to get delivered... Luckily, I have spares to use for the time being, but if I didn't that could be a frustrating 20 days+
Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Initiate

I suggest getting a small parts box worth of wear parts in your arsenal.
I actually did, for the very first time ever.

I just didnīt think about getting a diff housing as spare. My 20-year(or so)-old M-01 still uses its original gear diff. Ok, it might be used only 5 years because at some point I put in a ball diff and I didnīt use the car at all for some years, but still.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks good! I only use the Tamiya Rover Mini bodies on all my m-chassis. If I get the ABC kit, then I would probably try the CivicR body though.

I suggest getting a small parts box worth of wear parts in your arsenal. Just keep it around for just in case, so that you can minimize down time. There is a part that I ordered from a Japanese hobby shop that is taking over 20 days to get delivered... Luckily, I have spares to use for the time being, but if I didn't that could be a frustrating 20 days+
I run tamiya mini shell and motech spidi shell tried ball diff which held out all night which is more than gear did mind you there is a lot of light contact at our club my spare I order from germany they come in three days as tax is paid so no holdups in customs
Old 05-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Do you order your spares at www.emt-versand.de?
Old 05-02-2015, 12:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes I do first class service from them I belive they are awaiting restock
Old 05-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

I Drove the ABC Colt with Lights buckets @ Home .. and For Track Running... I use the Colt "Porsche"...
Attached Thumbnails ABC Gambado/Grid-2015-05-03-00.18.41.jpg  
Old 05-03-2015, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Will release its 190mm version too:
http://kentech.blogs.se/2015/05/01/a...bado-20263810/
Old 05-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Thatīs interesting. And with the release of the grande gambado chances are good that the "mini" gambado wonīt be discontinued very soon.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

I actually did, for the very first time ever.

I just didnīt think about getting a diff housing as spare. My 20-year(or so)-old M-01 still uses its original gear diff. Ok, it might be used only 5 years because at some point I put in a ball diff and I didnīt use the car at all for some years, but still.
Yes, I've had this happen to me too. I had everything except for the one piece that broke!

Lessons learned, I will be buying 2 kits at a time from now on for chassis that I REALLY like. One will be a spare.

Originally Posted by sjminiman
I run tamiya mini shell and motech spidi shell tried ball diff which held out all night which is more than gear did mind you there is a lot of light contact at our club my spare I order from germany they come in three days as tax is paid so no holdups in customs
Nice! That's good to hear you can get parts real quickly too.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mac853
Will release its 190mm version too:
http://kentech.blogs.se/2015/05/01/a...bado-20263810/
This is a TC size then? Wish they would release an updated version of the Genetic instead?.. (yes, I am selfish )
Old 05-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

This is a TC size then? Wish they would release an updated version of the Genetic instead?.. (yes, I am selfish )
Yep, you right.
Has more market coverage to sell a 190mm 4wd than FWD.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mac853
Yep, you right.
Has more market coverage to sell a 190mm 4wd than FWD.
Grande Gambado.. looks like just a longer wheelbase version...
They will be competing against something like MTS FF / 3Racing Sakura FF 2014 / Tamiya FF03 EVO / S411 FF / VBC FF12

I wondering how is going to be different between the M Chassis version and Regular 190mm version? And will it inherit the same gear chew issue?

I wonder if the pricing will be similar to Original Gambado itself ~$110 USD... as 4WD I am already running a TRF419...
Old 05-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by otaku521
Grande Gambado.. looks like just a longer wheelbase version...
They will be competing against something like MTS FF / 3Racing Sakura FF 2014 / Tamiya FF03 EVO / S411 FF / VBC FF12

I wondering how is going to be different between the M Chassis version and Regular 190mm version? And will it inherit the same gear chew issue?

I wonder if the pricing will be similar to Original Gambado itself ~$110 USD... as 4WD I am already running a TRF419...
Oh, gear problems.
Well only 1 picture, who knows the details?
By the way, since is gear car, i think is not easy to beat belt cars like FF12 and FF Pro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.