R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #31
Tech Initiate

Default Setup for low grip conditions

Another setup that works fine in low grip over asphalt! TE03 still, waiting for the EVO version
hhsilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenS View Post
Parted from the rim , even the reglued ones came apart. But even with sorex preglued the stress on the glue was showing after 4 min run. Dont get me wrong its a great problem to have, where just about all others are chasing grip off some kind the Capricorn has it in bucket loads..
Did the rim show signs of touching the ground? I have seen this kind of effect when the tire rolls and the rim occasionally comes in contact with the ground and gets scratched. This on the outside of the rim of course. You might be right and the glue simply can not hold up. Usually the insert is too soft.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:59 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Did the rim show signs of touching the ground? I have seen this kind of effect when the tire rolls and the rim occasionally comes in contact with the ground and gets scratched. This on the outside of the rim of course. You might be right and the glue simply can not hold up. Usually the insert is too soft.
no marks on the rims , have other sets of springs coming from our cap distributer to try and a new track at easter (march 25/27th) so well see what happens .
StevenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:54 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have been running my Te03 since early last year in both 13.5 and 21.5 blinky and never had the tyre issue. I used one of Helda's earlier setups and still have it on my car. I think I only made one or two minor changes. I have used both muchmore rush 36 and volante 36 tyres with no issues.
I did change the springs to X ray 2.5-2.8 progressive up front and 2.5 on the rear. I have not tried the above new setup, but can give it a shot.
On another note, what are the changes for the evo version? New bottom chassis and bulkheads?
I purchased an extra set of shocks which are black and I had no issues when constructing them. I did drill a 1mm hole in the shock tops, so I could get zero rebound. Or as close to it as possible.
I have not tried harder oil in the rear shocks, just run the same front and rear. Just ise the softer springs.
My setup has worked at Whalan and Newcastle. (I was running a different setup,at the gp last year, although I have not really ran the car much this year.
Anyway, not sure if I will update to the evo. Not sure if it is worthwhile.
I may see you Steven at Tamworth, but depends on work and the family requirements.
Regards,
Calvin.
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
I have been running my Te03 since early last year in both 13.5 and 21.5 blinky and never had the tyre issue. I used one of Helda's earlier setups and still have it on my car. I think I only made one or two minor changes. I have used both muchmore rush 36 and volante 36 tyres with no issues.
I did change the springs to X ray 2.5-2.8 progressive up front and 2.5 on the rear. I have not tried the above new setup, but can give it a shot.
On another note, what are the changes for the evo version? New bottom chassis and bulkheads?
I purchased an extra set of shocks which are black and I had no issues when constructing them. I did drill a 1mm hole in the shock tops, so I could get zero rebound. Or as close to it as possible.
I have not tried harder oil in the rear shocks, just run the same front and rear. Just ise the softer springs.
My setup has worked at Whalan and Newcastle. (I was running a different setup,at the gp last year, although I have not really ran the car much this year.
Anyway, not sure if I will update to the evo. Not sure if it is worthwhile.
I may see you Steven at Tamworth, but depends on work and the family requirements.
Regards,
Calvin.
would be great if you could come to tamworth , but work and family comes first. as for the tyres its more than likely a combo of both track and setup.
steven.
StevenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:37 AM   #36
Tech Initiate

Default TE03 EVO ready to go

TE03 EVO ready to go

All set for the first Nats race!
Old 03-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Starting Setup Asphalt on Medium Traction, if you have any questions or need help feel free to ask
Attached Thumbnails
Capricorn LAB-TE03-unbenannt.jpg  
Old 05-14-2016, 09:06 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey guys what do yours car weigh in at, mine is a brick at well over 1400 grams with light weight body and a 6000 mah lipo at 305grams. New rule come in next month in Australia and minimum weight will be reduced to 1350g. Can a car still be competitive 100grams over weight in 13.5 and 21.5 classes. Is there a way to lighten the car with out going down the track of using shorty packs thanks jay
jay m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:52 AM   #39
Tech Elite

My car is 1370g ready to race with lightweight Audi A5 body, Futaba low profile servo (BLS511 or whatever), Muchmore ETS speedy and motor and MM run flat 6200mAh Lipo, KO radio.

First question would be if you really need the 6000 packs. For 13.5 or 21.5 I don't feel I need it, even though I use Reedy 7000mA packs, but my cars are at acceptable weight (the TRF 418 actually takes another 40 grams to balance left-right and is dead on 1340). I actually used a shorty (Orca infinite 4800) in my old TA05R just because the car is a pig and it was enough for a 21.5 heat with a saving of 100 grams which brought the car back into competitive weight territory. The new Muchmore run flat batteries are at about 6200 and feel lighter (didn't weigh them) and they also brought out a shorty at 5000 which is lighter still.

That said, I didn't expect the car would be so heavy. What servo/electronics/motor (I was very surprised to hear some motors are significantly heavier). Start with these and see where you've got the extra weight from.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 05-20-2016 at 09:52 AM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:48 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The car flexes a lot that's why it puts so much stress on the tires, so much grip! I doubled the top deck for more rigidity for high grip conditions.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:56 AM   #41
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay m View Post
Hey guys what do yours car weigh in at, mine is a brick at well over 1400 grams with light weight body and a 6000 mah lipo at 305grams. New rule come in next month in Australia and minimum weight will be reduced to 1350g. Can a car still be competitive 100grams over weight in 13.5 and 21.5 classes. Is there a way to lighten the car with out going down the track of using shorty packs thanks jay
I'm running ORCA INFINITE 6200 HV Lipo which weights 280gr.

ORCA RX3 motor, around 170gr.

Servo Ko Propo BSx2 one10, 46gr.

Speedo ORCA VX3, 46gr.

I've shortened all my wires (speedo, servo, transponder) to reduce the weight.

I'm using aluminum red screws on top of the car and titanium screws on the bottom side.

Also running ceramic bearings and aluminum turnbuckles all around and aluminum lightweight rear driveshaft.

Total weight ready to race, 1350gr, with VTEC 36G Tires.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:56 AM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Default ETS Setup - Kyle Branson

Hi Guys

Have attached a link to the setup we used in Italy on Kyle Branson's TE-03 if any of you would like to try it.

Cheers

Stefan - Capricorn

Stefan-Hpi Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #43
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys
Does the TE03 EVO come with the vertical top deck?
Out of interest what's so special about the capricorn given that it is very expensive?
thanks
Loheswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:26 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Does anybody know if the front belt of the TE-03 is the same length as the X-Ray T4? Or any other car for that matter? RC Target has the damn thing out stock for weeks. Great car, too bad it so hard to get parts here in USA.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:44 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Does anybody know if the front belt of the TE-03 is the same length as the X-Ray T4? Or any other car for that matter? RC Target has the damn thing out stock for weeks. Great car, too bad it so hard to get parts here in USA.
I know how it feels. I've used ARC parts on my Capricorn 01 and 03 with no issues. ARC drivers compared my Caps and only notice the color difference. If you're in dire need for the front belt, PM me. I believe I have a spare in my box.
Axial RR10 Bomber, MMP, Reline Pro4 4000Kv,Protek 150T
Futaba 4PKS R All sponsored by Visa
BadPanda818 is offline   Reply With Quote