Wiki Posts
Search

Ourlaps

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

ourlaps-1.1.1 is released
  • Added (completely untested) support for Cano decoder
  • Fixed bug that caused "show graph" to throw an exception if the temperature graph was enabled in the analyze dialog.
  • If a windows shutdown message is detected try to perform quicker exit

Source code for cano plugin attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
CanoDecoder.zip (6.8 KB, 47 views)
Old 05-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Thank you for all of your hard work!
Old 05-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by howardcano
Thank you for all of your hard work!
And you for yours!

The latest version installs a small sample file to ("Documents\OurLaps\DecoderData\cano.dat"). You can load it up in analyze, but the lap times are sub 5 second so the ourlaps default values for graph min/max in settings need to be adjusted.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I tried the latest build on the weekend however I came across an issue and had to revert back to the previous build.

At the end of the day I do not think it was the fault of the new build and I will try it again soon.

After uninstalling the original version and installing the latest build I configured OurLaps and it was working as normal. It ran for about an hour or so before we noticed that we where not getting any laps called out.

I could see cars crossing the loop and OurLaps not picking up the transponder. I closed and reopened OurLaps and it still would not work. I had a look at the decoder and noticed that when a car crossed the loop the / bar would not go solid indicating the decoder was not functioning. Coincidently the decoder could not contact the server. Telnet test to decoders.amb-it.com 5500 from multiple sources confirmed the decoder server was offline. Power Cycling the RC4 got the / bar going solid as cars closed the loop however OurLaps would still not pick up the transponders.

Rebooted the timing PC and then OurLaps began to function again. About 45min later same problem as above. Rebooted the RC4, rebooted PC however I could not get the newer OurLaps build to work. Uninstalled it and installed the original version and we seemed to get normal behaviour however the RC4 locked up one more time before normal operation continued.

I'm not sure if the AMB decoder server being down upset the RC4 causing the OurLaps issues however I don't see how OurLaps could cause the RC4 to stop picking up the transponders either. The AMB decoder servers went back online the next day.

Feature Request for OurLaps Server

- rename "C:\Users\User\Documents\OurLaps\Racers.xml" to Racers.xml.bak during uninstall or upgrade to prevent drivers database loss. (I know I should have backed it up first)

- Option to alter the classes. I would like to add a class. I also cannot find how to edit/remove them.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B16A2
I tried the latest build on the weekend however I came across an issue and had to revert back to the previous build.

At the end of the day I do not think it was the fault of the new build and I will try it again soon.

After uninstalling the original version and installing the latest build I configured OurLaps and it was working as normal. It ran for about an hour or so before we noticed that we where not getting any laps called out.

I could see cars crossing the loop and OurLaps not picking up the transponder. I closed and reopened OurLaps and it still would not work. I had a look at the decoder and noticed that when a car crossed the loop the / bar would not go solid indicating the decoder was not functioning. Coincidently the decoder could not contact the server. Telnet test to decoders.amb-it.com 5500 from multiple sources confirmed the decoder server was offline. Power Cycling the RC4 got the / bar going solid as cars closed the loop however OurLaps would still not pick up the transponders.

Rebooted the timing PC and then OurLaps began to function again. About 45min later same problem as above. Rebooted the RC4, rebooted PC however I could not get the newer OurLaps build to work. Uninstalled it and installed the original version and we seemed to get normal behaviour however the RC4 locked up one more time before normal operation continued.

I'm not sure if the AMB decoder server being down upset the RC4 causing the OurLaps issues however I don't see how OurLaps could cause the RC4 to stop picking up the transponders either. The AMB decoder servers went back online the next day.

Feature Request for OurLaps Server

- rename "C:\Users\User\Documents\OurLaps\Racers.xml" to Racers.xml.bak during uninstall or upgrade to prevent drivers database loss. (I know I should have backed it up first)

- Option to alter the classes. I would like to add a class. I also cannot find how to edit/remove them.
There may be some clues as to what happened in the OurlapsLog.txt file. But it may be long gone by now. Was sync decoder time checked or unchecked (default is off)?

I'll add in some status messages during connection process.

What I have seen happen before is that if you start the rc4 decoder before the router is ready it does not always get a valid ip and then ourlaps and decoder can't communicate. Restarting the decoder fixes it at our track. We're also not connected to any AMB servers so I have no idea how those interactions affect things.

I'll probably remove the sample Racers.xml from the installer. That should at least not overwrite it.

I'll make a class editor. It's easy.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Torg

Sync decoder time was cleared the first time it crashed
I enabled it after the first recovery and it crashed again

The RC4 is configure with a Static IP

Turns out my log file is still there and has been logging from day 1 through the upgrade and down grade. I could not see anything in there that helps me determine the issue. Would you like a copy ?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B16A2
Thanks Torg

Sync decoder time was cleared the first time it crashed
I enabled it after the first recovery and it crashed again

The RC4 is configure with a Static IP

Turns out my log file is still there and has been logging from day 1 through the upgrade and down grade. I could not see anything in there that helps me determine the issue. Would you like a copy ?
Hmmm. I wonder. After you changed the settings, did you restart ourlaps the first time? any time you change decoder settings ourlaps needs to be restarted. I should probably add a message for that.

The second time, if you enabled sync decoder time. It may have set the RC4 decoder to be the same as the clock on your PC. Not sure if that triggered something on ourlaps end? Some rtc/utc/timezone snafu? Unfortunately those messages were sent to trace and not output/log.

I re-enabled output messages from the plugins. Also added a quick status bar. You should see the status messages tick in from the rc4 decoder even when no laps are turned. I think there is a status interval setting on the rc4 decoder itself if you want to increase/decrease status frequency.

1.1.2 released

Last edited by torg; 05-21-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

I do recall closing OurLaps and reopening to make it work after editing the RC4 IP to get it to work.

Upgraded to 1.1.2, seems to be working OK..

I noticed the uninstall of the initial release deleted the racers.xml file and not the newer version overwriting it as I first thought.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, thanks for the great program and app, we installed the latest ourlaps program on our race control system and it worked really well, the only problem we had was that android devices could not connect through the wifi, we double checked the ips settings and re installed the app on multiple android devices with no luck however the apple products could connect and get the info, any idea why ?

we even connected multiple pc's via the system wifi and all worked 100%
Old 06-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
Hi, thanks for the great program and app, we installed the latest ourlaps program on our race control system and it worked really well, the only problem we had was that android devices could not connect through the wifi, we double checked the ips settings and re installed the app on multiple android devices with no luck however the apple products could connect and get the info, any idea why ?

we even connected multiple pc's via the system wifi and all worked 100%
Not sure, there are no known issues with Android.

Manufacturer, OS version, Carrier helps troubleshoot.

Does the app just say "connection lost" as soon as you try to connect or does it close? Do you ever hear "welcome"?

Is the wifi assistant enabled or disabled? (In settings.)

If enabled. Does the wifi SSID contain "Ourlaps"? If it finds multiple "Ourlaps" SSIDs it will prioritize the one that contains "5G". Try disabling the assistant. Verify that it's connected to the right wifi and that it stays connected to it.

Does your wifi have internet or not? Android and some carriers have "connection optimizers" that go "this wifi has no internet, let me disconnect from that for you". (google: android wont stay connected to wifi)

Maybe there is a bug in the ip entry field? Do you press enter at the end of the ip address or not? Try clearing the field, type in the ip. Try it both ways. With enter and without.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by torg

Does the app just say "connection lost" as soon as you try to connect or does it close? Do you ever hear "welcome"?

If enabled. Does the wifi SSID contain "Ourlaps"? If it finds multiple "Ourlaps" SSIDs it will prioritize the one that contains "5G". Try disabling the assistant. Verify that it's connected to the right wifi and that it stays connected to it.

Does your wifi have internet or not? Android and some carriers have "connection optimizers" that go "this wifi has no internet, let me disconnect from that for you". (google: android wont stay connected to wifi)

Maybe there is a bug in the ip entry field? Do you press enter at the end of the ip address or not? Try clearing the field, type in the ip. Try it both ways. With enter and without.

We had the same issue at Tamiya during the practice for the last FredTech race. The issue didn't exist before then, I was previously able to use the app at TQ without any issue. The issues that all with Android phones was experiencing didn't occur until after you us all change the IP of the server. Before changing the IP on that same day it was working without issue but after the change that's when the issue started. Granted changing the IP as long as it's correct should affect the device not connecting but that's what happens. When you try to start the timer it errors out (it just says it can't connect). This has been occurring with all Android devices no matter the hardware type.

I should add I went back to TQ after that day and the app still won't connect to the server, even after deinstalling/reinstalling the package.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I should add I went back to TQ after that day and the app still won't connect to the server, even after deinstalling/reinstalling the package.
So nobody can connect at TQ with Android now but they can with iOS?

If so then that's a client issue for sure, I haven't updated the server there in at least 6 months. And that time the computer running ourlaps wasn't even plugged in.

When uninstalling did you clear all app cache data for Ourlaps?

I might have to go visit TQ soon with my Android and laptop it sounds like.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So nobody can connect at TQ with Android now but they can with iOS?

If so then that's a client issue for sure, I haven't updated the server there in at least 6 months. And that time the computer running ourlaps wasn't even plugged in.

When uninstalling did you clear all app cache data for Ourlaps?

I might have to go visit TQ soon with my Android and laptop it sounds like.
Correct for TQ and Tamiya, IOS devices connect without issue and Android devices are unable to connect. Negative on clearing the app cache.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

I had a simular issue at our track with an Android device as well, IOS and WP works fine
Old 06-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Its just says connection lost every time you try to 'start session' never heard it say welcome....? we tried with wifi assistant on and off, our ip range was in the 10.0.0.1 to 100 i see the default range is 192 ....... we cleared the ip range and entered our racecontrols laptops id, decoder ip ..... none worked, i will reconfigure the router next time so that the default range will work and make it easier to the new guys downloading the app, would adding 'ourlaps' to the ssid help ?

Our wifi has no internet, we even tried switching off our mobile data on the phones and only have wifi enabled but had the same result,

Unfortunately our next event will only be in some time so i will make a list of things to try to get it sorted and its an awesome practice tool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.