Wiki Posts
Search

Xray instruction manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Xray instruction manual

I just picked up a used Xray evo2 and am wondering where i can go to download an instruction manual. I cant seem to find any pdf files on the xray site. Any help?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=111
Old 10-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Also check out the set-up guide, this can be very helpful.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=253
Old 10-09-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the help guys, i am just getting into electric touring so i could use all the help i can get. I hope this Xray treats me as good as my serpent 710 does.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default it will

Originally Posted by Maxx
Thanks for the help guys, i am just getting into electric touring so i could use all the help i can get. I hope this Xray treats me as good as my serpent 710 does.

I have a feeling it will treat you very well, has it got the C-Hub Suspension or the Good Ol Pivot Balls,

IF you got the C-Hub, set it up to factory kit (04) spec, if its got the pivot balls u may need to play around with it, factory setup was designed at a bout 5deg celcius.LOL
Old 10-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I picked up a used one too but it has the pivot ball suspension. I will be racing on carpet. Will I have a big disadvantage?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Killa G
I picked up a used one too but it has the pivot ball suspension. I will be racing on carpet. Will I have a big disadvantage?
It depends on your skill level. There is a performance advantage with c-hubs though.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I race nitro so this is my first venture into Electric so I guess i will have to give it a shot and see. I picked up a 3300 pack but I really have a hard time fitting it in the car. The 3000 pack fits easy. Is this a known issue with the EVO? Any suggestions in terms of a good ESC?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Killa G
I race nitro so this is my first venture into Electric so I guess i will have to give it a shot and see. I picked up a 3300 pack but I really have a hard time fitting it in the car. The 3000 pack fits easy. Is this a known issue with the EVO? Any suggestions in terms of a good ESC?
I'm not sure as my first XRAY was an original FK(04). Its pretty common to use a file to sand the edges of the slots at an angle. This will allow the batteries sit almost flush with the bottom of the chassis for a lower center of gravity and faster corner speeds.

The ESC answer really depends on a few important factors, such as the motor class(es) you'll be running, how good is the manufacturers support through your LHS and how much do you want to pay. I'll let everyone else pitch in with their favorites though.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have the Xray EVO2 F.O.C., and with no problems the 3300's fit. It also depends on how you setup the battery configuration on the car. that might cause a problem. I ran the old Novak Atom for awhile till i got the GTX from Novak. The GTX is a good speed controller except for that big capacitor they use.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

I bought a Evo2 second hand as well and I can fit Sanyo 3600 and GP3700s in it without any hassle. As teamgp said check to see if the battery spots have been filed down.