Old 12-09-2015, 02:06 AM   #62
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kyosho 1/10 TF-7-img_2618-large-.jpg
calimerosf501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:07 AM   #63
Tech Initiate

You can note colors différence beetween these to parts. Grey of TF7 and black of TF6.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimerosf501 View Post
You can note colors différence beetween these to parts. Grey of TF7 and black of TF6.
Awesome. Thank you very much for the pics. Looks like the steering arm design is the same between the 6 and 7.
Tuning Haus
twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Calimerosf501, does your dealer in France sell online?
Tuning Haus
Old 12-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #66
Tech Initiate

Sorry but no. It's a very small shop. No sell online.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:20 AM   #67
Tech Initiate

Anyone get a setup sheet or blank setup sheet for TF7?
Old 12-13-2015, 12:02 AM   #68
Tech Adept

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/kyo...KyoshoTF7.html
nitroargi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:44 AM   #69
Tech Initiate

Thank you, I am registered on "PETIT RC" for years and just the link to the setup sheet does not exist. That is why I ask my question here.

On internet we do not precisely found. Even on the website of Kyosho Japan, Europe or Amrerica there not. So I wondered if somebody had personally.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #70
Tech Apprentice

So after the 3 day race weekend on the carpet, I learned some things. The car is actually quite durable. I replaced the c-hub and the steering arm from my last incident with a 2x4, and I haven't broken any parts since. Of course I am still learning modified so I have some wrecks. One where the car caught the outside wall at full speed on the straight, picked the nose up, air got underneath and there she went, back flipping all the way down the straight and off the track, and nothing broke. A few incidents with other cars, still didn't break. Hitting a few barriers and still nothing broke. The only part I had to keep an eye on was the rear outdrives, one started to split, I didn't have a spare so I bent it back straight. Of course I now I have these on order. LOL

I did have a pin come out of the rear drive shaft which shaved away a massive amount of material off the rear hub. But its still on the car, I was sure it was going to snap in practice or a race, but I wanted to see. Even after hitting it a couple times, it is still holding up.

Back to asphalt next weekend, for some more practice, kind of a bummer not having setup sheets, oh well, just gotta use a note book.

Really enjoying this car.
Tuning Haus
Old 12-16-2015, 10:37 AM   #71
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
Back to asphalt next weekend, for some more practice, kind of a bummer not having setup sheets, oh well, just gotta use a note book.

Really enjoying this car.
You can note your setup on the TF6SP setup sheet, it's similar of TF7 pending the release of the TF7 setup sheet.
here the TF6SP blank setup sheet: http : / / site.petitrc.com/reglages/kyosho/setup/TF6/TF6SP_EditableSetupSheet.pdf
Old 12-17-2015, 01:45 PM   #72
Tech Apprentice

thank you calimerosf501.
Tuning Haus
Old 01-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Boiling the plastic for durability is/was for nylon parts back in the old days. Nylon is supposed to absorb moisture to some degree to make them more pliable, but these Kyosho carbon reinforced parts aren't quite that type of material, I doubt it will work. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, but it won't be easy to test, since no two crashes are identically controlled in an RC environment.

These carbon pieces are just designed to break away. Kyosho has been having some issues maintaining parts stock in the USA for some TF7 items the last time I spoke with them the 2nd week of December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/search....x=0&search.y=0

Shows the TF225 and TF225H. Kyosho America had the parts, but they got sold. I found them in Utah. Kyosho America has most of the parts still in stock.

I know on some plastics, you can boil the part to increase the durability, as they tend to allow for flex. I was thinking about boiling the plastic tree to see if it works. But before I spend the time, I was curious is someone has already tried this, with this material.
greenpea76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #74
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpea76 View Post
Boiling the plastic for durability is/was for nylon parts back in the old days. Nylon is supposed to absorb moisture to some degree to make them more pliable, but these Kyosho carbon reinforced parts aren't quite that type of material, I doubt it will work. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, but it won't be easy to test, since no two crashes are identically controlled in an RC environment.

These carbon pieces are just designed to break away. Kyosho has been having some issues maintaining parts stock in the USA for some TF7 items the last time I spoke with them the 2nd week of December.
After more research, I figured boiling was for a different material. Anyhow...I have a bunch of parts now, and murphy's law, I haven't broke anything major since the steering block and caster hub. I replaced the rear diff out drives and a spur that's it. Car is actually pretty durable, just not when you clip a wheel against a 2x4 barrier at the end of the straight. LOL

This last weekend I made mistake, lauched the car at full speed off a dot, cleared the end of the track. The car flew and hit a wall, then fell 3ft to the ground. Nothing broke, but the hit was hard enough to knock the transponder and fan off the chassis. Replaced the double side tape, checked everything, and put it back on the track no issues.

I'm really happy with the car and having fun running modified. Planning on getting another one within the next month or so.
Tuning Haus
Old 01-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #75
Tech Rookie

Car took its first big stage win this weekend, and the car isn't even close to the kit already.

Aluminum chassis, diffrent shock tower and shock package.

site.petitrc.com/reglages/kyosho/setupkyoshotf7/TF7_TimBenson_Odense2016010810/
tigerbyte is offline   Reply With Quote