R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 11-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

My second time running it at TQ. Got the setup down decently and running in the mix with some of the fast guys there. Were u the guy with the diff leak issues? I hope it stopped leaking for you after we checked it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho 1/10 TF-7-image.jpg  
greenpea76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:19 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpea76 View Post
My second time running it at TQ. Got the setup down decently and running in the mix with some of the fast guys there. Were u the guy with the diff leak issues? I hope it stopped leaking for you after we checked it out.
Hi, YES, I am the one you helped out. Thank you very much. Diff seems to be good now.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:21 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Quote:
I watched this guy run and he was "FAST". Car was hooked up from what I can see. Fast consistent laps.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tonyv2382

Parts support is horrible as of now. Waiting to hear back from AMain as they say they're having trouble getting parts for this car...
tonyv2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noworries View Post
Hi, YES, I am the one you helped out. Thank you very much. Diff seems to be good now.
Awesome, hope to see you run at TQ more often! I'll share setup tips with you if you need them when I see you there. I'll see if I can make it this weekend. There's a race on Sunday if you want to try out the series race. The car is very capable with some regular tuning adjustments. I think the differences from manual spec are:

front inner and outer camber link heights, rear inner camber link height, front springs, shorter wheelbase, bump steer spacers, and upper shock positions front/ rear.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Awesome, hope to see you run at TQ more often! I'll share setup tips with you if you need them when I see you there. I'll see if I can make it this weekend. There's a race on Sunday if you want to try out the series race. The car is very capable with some regular tuning adjustments. I think the differences from manual spec are:

front inner and outer camber link heights, rear inner camber link height, front springs, shorter wheelbase, bump steer spacers, and upper shock positions front/ rear.
I don't know if I can make Sunday. I am trying to go up there Friday. Any way to "detail" explain your suggestions that I can do now before I get to the track? Thanks for your help W.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello,

I just picked up a TF 7, is there anything I should look out for when building, or are there any building tips someone can suggest. Thank you.
Tuning Haus
twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #38
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

NM... car is built. The build went together nicely. Can't think of any cons when building, everything went together like butter. Haven't disliked anything about the car so far.

Will be doing a shake down run this weekend on a parking lot track. Going to be running mod, and cant wait to try it on carpet at 209 raceway in Stockton.

I saw that in the AOC race this past weekend, there was an aluminum chassis being used on the carpet.

Went out on a limb getting this car. Its a gamble, but I think the car will work well. I haven't seen another TF 7 here in Northern California yet. Kind of flying blind, but I don't think that will be an issue. Plenty of people willing to help figure this car out if needed.
Tuning Haus
twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:37 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Car drives very well smoother than anything else out there. But plastics are brittle and therefore the car is not as durable as I would've hoped. Not to mention part support is horrible. I have this kit and a bunch of spares if anyone wants it. Pm me.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #40
Tech Regular

These are competition level cars. The plastics are designed to breakaway as the parts ARE carbon plastic. I've broken the exact same items from other manufacturers running the same indoor track with hard rails. Can't drive a race bred chassis on a full size car and expect that to handle a light crash without bending or breaking either.

Great chassis and and if tuned right, can yield some really good lap times with a little setup investment.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
These are competition level cars. The plastics are designed to breakaway as the parts ARE carbon plastic. I've broken the exact same items from other manufacturers running the same indoor track with hard rails. Can't drive a race bred chassis on a full size car and expect that to handle a light crash without bending or breaking either.

Great chassis and and if tuned right, can yield some really good lap times with a little setup investment.
You are stating the obvious and have been in this hobby and raced many cars my friend. I was racing among a bunch of t4s yesterday and they had worse crashes than I and came away unscathed. This car is not durable. I had to run T4 c hubs to get back in the game. I agree it drives well. But not durable.

Cars for sale.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv2382 View Post
You are stating the obvious and have been in this hobby and raced many cars my friend. I was racing among a bunch of t4s yesterday and they had worse crashes than I and came away unscathed. This car is not durable. I had to run T4 c hubs to get back in the game. I agree it drives well. But not durable.

Cars for sale.
So are the T4 C hubs a close or a direct fit without grinding or shimming?
Old 12-06-2015, 05:11 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
So are the T4 C hubs a close or a direct fit without grinding or shimming?
All you have to do is shave a bit off where it fits on the arm and ream the hinge pin hole out a bit to slide the pin in freely and they work. I found it eliminated a bit of steering throw but if you're in a jam, they work and the plastics are way more durable.

My cars is for sale though the carbon reinforced parts cannot withstand much abuse unless you drive perfect and hit nothing. To me that's unacceptable given the price of the kit. No matter how smooth it is.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:00 PM   #44
Tech Regular

I find the TF7 very fast but too "brittle" for me. Also, I think it is a bummer that you go on the site an no support/setup at all. I love Kyosho stuff, but with competition from all the other companies I don't see how the TF 7 will survive here.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #45
Tech Regular

I have broken 4 parts and I didn't think I hit that hard at all.