Wiki Posts
Search

Monster can, P2K arm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Monster can, P2K arm?

Would this combo work? All the hobby shop had was a P2K arm and I have the Monster stock can. I have a P2K can as well but it's still good. Is there any difference in the cans of the two?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

essentially you will have a p2k motor. the magnets/bushings/gap/etc should all be the same, but the can and venting is a bit different. i'm sure at some level there is a difference in the magnetic flux and a bunch of other technical mumbo jumbo, but i doubt you'll be able to feel anything.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i think it will be diffrent. the green thingies on the armature are in diffrent places if i am correct. also, its not really a good idea to mix n match motors, plus it un-roar-legal-fies them
Old 10-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Monster can has the effect of slightly reducing the effective magnet strenght -vs- a P2K can... Using a P2K arm in the Monster can will translate into a motor with slightly more RPM than a true P2K and slightly less torque... Not necessarily noticable on the track, certainly no more than a 1 tooth pinion change from a true P2K...

As noted by an earlier post -- it will "work" just fine... It will also NOT be ROAR legal, as the ROAR rulebook would categorize the motor as a "hybrid", since the parts combination is not the configuration approved by ROAR...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Could this work another way, i have a p2k, but I want to put a monster arm in it.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Honestly you dont wanna play with hybrids...when it comes to cheating that is the first thing tech looks for is running a different arm in a different can. You dont wanna run the risk of being called a cheater.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you want information on how it performs you can pm me for it if you are really interested, it is not legal but I have tested it before, as far as it goes, I will save you from the pain, the P2K is made for torque, the monster is best for top speed and mid range power. when you mix the two together is not the best combination. If you have to mix something, the P2K2 arm in the monster can works well. But if you want more indebth info on it, shoot me a pm.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes it will fit and run....

No, it won't be legal at most tracks or for big races.....

No, it doesn't make a better or even equal motor....if it did, trinity would of released it already to use as a new stock motor....

Later EddieO