Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LRP QC2 Question (could not find thread) >

LRP QC2 Question (could not find thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP QC2 Question (could not find thread)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Why do you want to return it for a GTX? whats wrong with the qc2 ? I've had my LRP (qc2) since it came out and I have had the GTX and I ended up selling that and sticking with the LRP both esc are good but that big cap on the GTX kills it. and I like how the LRP is setup.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah i no the LRP is much smaller but from what i have just read in this forum makes me wonder....if everyones having this problem with them with the reviever servo and PT's y would i bother????????i dont want to have to fuss with putting capacitors on and stuff.......if its going to be a headache y not just return it and get the GTX?????

Mike
Old 10-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by factory racer
yeah i no the LRP is much smaller but from what i have just read in this forum makes me wonder....if everyones having this problem with them with the reviever servo and PT's y would i bother????????i dont want to have to fuss with putting capacitors on and stuff.......if its going to be a headache y not just return it and get the GTX?????

Mike
Its just a matter of the technology surpassing the QC2. With the higher draw Digital servos, recievers and people using PT's, the QC2 was just out-matched. True it is a great ESC, but ceratin combo servos, reciever, PTs will not work with it, the BEC is just too low.
I'm sure when the QC3 comes out, everything will be resolved, but for now, it is just a hassle to have it if certain combos will not work. Sometimes even capping it will not work as was the case with me. I have the QC2, but have to use an older KO servo or it will not work. I don't care what anybody says, that is a limitation.
BTW, when is the QC3 coming out? I have seen pics with it installed, or was I just seeing things? Anybody else see the QC3?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

What the poo why is everyone having those problems and I'm not.. not that I want them but lol why..
Old 10-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Well if mine acts up like that I'll just get me a KO VFS-1 comp. speedo (I've been wanting one for sometime now)
Old 10-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

For some reason LRP have made most, if not all of their ESC's with 5.5 BECs as opposed to Novak's 6.0 BEC. I seriously wouldn't bother adding capacitors here and there if I was running a digital servo along with a QC2, and I seriously wouldn't consider purchasing anything LRP related.