Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tire warmers, who's who and who's worth the money? >

Tire warmers, who's who and who's worth the money?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Tire warmers, who's who and who's worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been using the muchmore 3080 since 2003. Still work great.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

SKYRC smaller size
Attached Thumbnails Tire warmers, who's who and who's worth the money?-sk-600064-01.jpg  
Old 02-18-2015, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Only downside to the SkyRC is that you cannot use it as a car stand also.

Wonder why they designed it that way since all the competitors warmers are designed to be used as a car stand also.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Salkin

Wonder why they designed it that way since all the competitors warmers are designed to be used as a car stand also.
That's because you're supposed to attach it to the SkyRC Racingstar Power Supply, and that would lift your card 20cm off your setup board.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Thaan
That's because you're supposed to attach it to the SkyRC Racingstar Power Supply, and that would lift your card 20cm off your setup board.
But still, you could use another power source, or opt not to have it stacked on the SkyRC power supply.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Only downside is all those danm wire.
An idea would be a wireless tirevarmer I would buy that
Old 02-18-2015, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salkin

I have a set of these. I put some thin foam on the top and my car sits just fine on them. Also, you can use the matching power supply to power a charger with this on your pit board and still charge your 2s pack at 13a which makes a convenient little package.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
I have a set of these. I put some thin foam on the top and my car sits just fine on them. Also, you can use the matching power supply to power a charger with this on your pit board and still charge your 2s pack at 13a which makes a convenient little package.
Ah, OK. If you can "mod" it it would be alright
Old 08-20-2017, 01:19 AM
Tech Initiate

What's the quality of the tire warming cups like across the different brands, SkyRC, Gforce, GT Power etc?

A bit pedantic but I've noticed most of them still have that shoddy heatshrink Frankenstein job on the connector end. Maybe they inherited this when they copied the Much More unit..

Xceed & GT Power have a tidy connector but are the warming cups junk?
Old 08-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sloanedogg
What's the quality of the tire warming cups like across the different brands, SkyRC, Gforce, GT Power etc?

A bit pedantic but I've noticed most of them still have that shoddy heatshrink Frankenstein job on the connector end. Maybe they inherited this when they copied the Much More unit..

Xceed & GT Power have a tidy connector but are the warming cups junk?
Well my skyrc tyre warmers broke. I went through two cup pairs which failed first and then the display on the control unit crapped out. That was a year ago and I replaced it with the Muchmore Platinum setup. I really really like them a year down the line and I use them most weekends. Still look brand new!
Old 08-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Tech Lord

I have repaired many cups. If you remove the clothing from the cup, there is a ty-wrap to secure the cable, cut it off.

Pull on the 4 small wires, one by one, one will be stretching. that one is broken.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Roelof
I have repaired many cups. If you remove the clothing from the cup, there is a ty-wrap to secure the cable, cut it off.

Pull on the 4 small wires, one by one, one will be stretching. that one is broken.
Thanks Roelof how do the heating red and black wires connect to the aluminium cup, are these soldered to a heating pad within the cup generally? I understand that the other two wires are for the temp probe which sits under the clothing of the cup.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My muchmore warmers are going on 8 years old and working great still.
dawgmeat likes this.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by sloanedogg
Thanks Roelof how do the heating red and black wires connect to the aluminium cup, are these soldered to a heating pad within the cup generally? I understand that the other two wires are for the temp probe which sits under the clothing of the cup.
I believe they are mounted with a clamp to a small piece of a wire resistor but because the heater will not exceed 100 degrees you can solder them. I always strip the left over wires and solder them together with a shrinkwrap over it.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Having now owned both the SKYRC and Muchmore tyre warmers I would recommend the extra and going for the Muchmore warmers.

Ok so you can repair the SKYRC cups when they break down however to me I don't want to have to do that routinely! I have enough work just maintaining my cars, motors, engines etc and do not have enough time to have to make random repairs to poor quality equipment nor do I want to have to buy replacement parts.

The Muchmore appears much higher quality and I haven't had a failure of the cups. The majority of the units in use at my local are now Muchmore with no failures. Many of the guys moved over from SKYRC due to the poor quality, Many of the units displays failed too - just displayed ######## on the displays.

The ability to run a 3s lipo inside the Muchmore warmers is a real plus particularly in winter where you can keep the tires hot right up while you wait in line to go on track for your run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.