Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Suspension needs & thinking outside the box >

Suspension needs & thinking outside the box

Suspension needs & thinking outside the box

Old 05-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I may be the only one...but I'd really like to see some sort of Corvette body on this now! Also could you expand on what you did for the dampers?
Old 05-19-2015, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Take a look at the TA05 IFS and the Tenth Technology streetwise for inboard suspension inspiration if that's your kind of thing.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by indaweedz
I may be the only one...but I'd really like to see some sort of Corvette body on this now! Also could you expand on what you did for the dampers?
A corvette body would look good! I was thinking of fitting a WGT pan car type body on it too! The friction damper is very simple. All it is are nitrile o-rings, washers and card stock cut to shape (slipper clutch like but in between the suspension arms and mounts.) To adjust dampening, all you do is add spacer clips of different thicknesses.

Last edited by RC Passion; 05-19-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One change that I think EVERY touring car should have is a true double-wishbone where the top of the caster block is held by two triangulated links that control the caster as well as the camber, like the Awesomatix. CASTER is a very useful tuning parameter and I think a lot of racers don't play with it and get the advantage because step 1 of changing CASTER is take the front end of your perfectly good racecar apart.

Last edited by DesertRat; 05-19-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Fat Brained an Important Word
Old 05-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
One change that I think EVERY touring car should have is a true double-wishbone where the top of the caster block is held by two triangulated links that control the caster as well as the camber, like the Awesomatix. Camber is a very useful tuning parameter and I think a lot of racers don't play with it and get the advantage because step 1 of changing camber is take the front end of your perfectly good racecar apart.
?? camber is just done with changing the length of upper link, isn't it? Am i missing something here?
Old 05-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
?? camber is just done with changing the length of upper link, isn't it? Am i missing something here?
I think he meant adjustable caster.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

like this