Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
STRANGE ISSUES; need opinion's >

STRANGE ISSUES; need opinion's

STRANGE ISSUES; need opinion's

Old 01-31-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default STRANGE ISSUES; need opinion's

so i have a 3 racing D3 drift car with a hobby wing EZ Run 60A 9t brush-less motor system. my controller and receiver is a spektrum DX3c with the SR301 receiver.

my issue i am having is my car is really jittery (almost like there is interference) . when i try to go forward, full throttle from stopped. it is so laggy and jittery that it takes 3-4 seconds for the wheels to spin. once they do then they go fine but every time i let off i have that lag to get back into power..

also it WILL NOT go into reverse.

ive tried re programming ESC, tried re binding the controller, tried new battery's, reset controller to default setting to make sure there was no funky adjustments screwing with it.

before i just go spending money to try and fix the issue i just want to know if anyone has had this issue? an dis it my ESC, motor or receiver?

thank you in advance for any input.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

rebind TX & rx w/o Steering and ESC connected. Then recalibrate ESC & RX. Make sure your Batteries are fully charged
Old 01-31-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Two things to check, first if it is a sensor based system check the sensor lead, failing that have you ever plugged the battery in backwards as you may have an issue with the mosfet H-Bridge.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B.C.Ninja
Two things to check, first if it is a sensor based system check the sensor lead, failing that have you ever plugged the battery in backwards as you may have an issue with the mosfet H-Bridge.
It's an EZ-run. Those are sensorless. And prone to some cogging, but this sounds excessive.

My first thought was that it might be overgeared, but being a drift car, it shouldn't take much effort to get the wheels spinning. tormaschy15, what size of spur and pinion are you using? How free is the driveline? Any bad bearings or anything else causing extra resistance?

Perhaps one of the 3 motor wires is not making a good connection. Bad soldering job or if it connects with bullet connectors that aren't making a solid connection, that could certainly cause some bad cogging. Having no reverse (assuming it's definitely set to that mode) could indicate a bad ESC. I would double check that all 3 motor phase wires are making a good connection though.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Connect a glitch capacitor to the receiver....
Old 01-31-2015, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

What size pinion you using? You call it jittery, I call it cogging.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Give a Glitch-Buster a try.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

You probably purchased caps for it. Have to start from beginning. Binding you TX & RX. Set you TX trims at 12o'clock position, and EPA at 100%. Anything over 100% a waste. 3rd and last Recalibration of RX & ESc.

If you mess up from procedure Start beginning. Make sure the ESC confirms the setting by Audical beep or LED. .By this time you'd find that its running fine. Last but not least, install your program card to set up your reverse..

I agree with Locked, you maybe overgeared with pinion gear. drop it several teeth. Cogging if you help car by pushing car it'll run. Brushless motors are sensitive.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I call it Spektrum.

They are the worst with interference.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I forgot to mention that you might need to crank up your Esc minimum drive to max settings, or move your TX forward trim up a bit....