R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Unhappy Duratrax IntelliPeak Mini Pulse Charger

I have finally finished building my TA05 car but I am having a problem with the charger I bought (Duratrax IntelliPeak Mini Pulse DTXP4109 DC Onlywww.duratrax.com ). When I connect the charger to the power supply the status light illuminates and The charger beeps. When I connect battery the charge mode lights do not illuminate as per the instructions. When I press the mode select button nothing happens. Holding the button in for 3 seconds does nothing.

After reading the instructions again I noticed that a bettery with less than 3 Volts will trickle charge with only the status light on. As it was a brand new battery I thought that might be possible so I left it running for 30 hours (100 mAh trickle charge - 3000 mAh battery). The battery did charge and I was able to run the car. After the battery ran down I put it back on the charger only to have the same problem as before with the charger not responding.

Being new to RC I thought MAYBE the battery had discharged to below 3 volts so I left it on the charger for another 30 hours. This time I ran the car for about a minute and then put the battery on the charger again knowing that there was more than 3 volts in it. Same problem. Read throught the instruction book again. These sysmptoms appear to only happen when there is no battery connected however the battery is charging.

I have tried running the charger from both a 20 Amp power supply as well as from the car battery. It makes no difference.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

I don't want to return the charger for repair/exchange until I am positive I have tried everything. I would hate to be doing something stupid.

brettb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:59 PM   #2
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

While I didn't have the specific problems you are having, I did notice a bad/not full charge when using the Duratrax chargers (the Ice being an exception). I borrowed my friend's Duratrax Intellipeak charger, and after acquiring a Novak Millenium, I noticed more punch, and more runtime. I hate to break it to you, but there is better ways to take care of your batteries. I've been down that road...
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote