R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   esc limitor:PLEASE HELP (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/859-esc-limitor-please-help.html)

prelude19 10-07-2001 11:39 PM

esc limitor:PLEASE HELP

ok i got a 9turn motor and i have a novak dually with no motor limit. i noticed that i have a flat head screw on my esc. the screw is to be turned up or down for the motor limit. it was set in the middle when i got the esc. since i have a 9 turn motor do i have to turn the limit to the max. if u dont understand what i mean new at this and will try to restete what i am trying to say. so with a 9 turn motor should i set my esc limit to its max. what will it do if i set it to the max. will i noticed a powe increase. also will it make my run time shorter. thanx.

erap 10-07-2001 11:42 PM

i think ur talking about the current limiter. that does not affect in any way your esc's motor capacity. it only deals with the current that goes into the motor. so theoretically, if u set it to max, your motor will get full current and make your motor feel "punchy". hope this helps.

prelude19 10-08-2001 12:51 AM

yes it does help

i understnd now. will it say on the motor the compacity. also will i lose run time if i set it to max. i will wont i. but if i am useing my car for dragracing shouldnt i turn it to max.

Cole Trickle 10-08-2001 12:59 AM

The current limiter is normally used, to prevent spin out.

You're right about runtime. If you limit the motor current, the car will accelerate slower and the runtimes are increased.

Without current limiting (set the screw on max), you will achieve maximum acceleration, sacrificing some runtime.

so if your car dont spin out and you got enough run time, set the screw to maximum. That's the most entertaining position!

melvin 10-22-2001 06:20 PM

Top speed

I expereinced slower top speed whenever I limit the torque limitor. Dodes anybody has the same problem ? I am using GM V12

Cole Trickle 10-23-2001 12:09 AM

Don't know the GM. But as far as I know, it's pretty programmable. I suggest you check out the manual. Here's some examples:

I've tried the limiter on an LRP Super Sport and LRP IPC V7.1.

On the Super Sport, there's only an adjustable screw. When turned the first approx. 3/4, it doesn't affect top-end. But when turned to max, the top-edn is lowered. I think it was on the last 1/4.

On the IPC V7.1 it's different. It's possible to programme the limiter AND the time it's in effect. Thoose can be programmed indepently. For example, it's possible to limit the current to 80 amps for a very short time. After that, there's no limit. Or it can be set to 80 amps. for quite a long time. In this case I don't think the car can reach top-end on normal indoor tracks.

melvin 10-23-2001 12:15 AM

GM

Will check woth the factory, thanks man !

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Don't know the GM. But as far as I know, it's pretty programmable. I suggest you check out the manual. Here's some examples:

I've tried the limiter on an LRP Super Sport and LRP IPC V7.1.

On the Super Sport, there's only an adjustable screw. When turned the first approx. 3/4, it doesn't affect top-end. But when turned to max, the top-edn is lowered. I think it was on the last 1/4.

On the IPC V7.1 it's different. It's possible to programme the limiter AND the time it's in effect. Thoose can be programmed indepently. For example, it's possible to limit the current to 80 amps for a very short time. After that, there's no limit. Or it can be set to 80 amps. for quite a long time. In this case I don't think the car can reach top-end on normal indoor tracks.