R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Help Me Choose Between These Two Drifters (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/858005-help-me-choose-between-these-two-drifters.html)

RcxZone 01-19-2015 12:15 AM

Help Me Choose Between These Two Drifters

5 Attachment(s)
help me choose
both about the same,
same motor
same size
one is belt driven
the other is shaft driven
just about same cost by about $5
what would you choose.
by the way i plan to buy a different body
and eventually brushless set up
but for now its fine i dont race just bash
the blue 911 is lightning epx
the green is a thunder drift
the thunder drift is belt driven
the lightning is shaft
what would you buy

im a redcat dealer so thats why im buying redcat it so i can make promo videos and what not i dont wanna here any redcat bashing just help me choose.

Specifications
Motor TypeElectric Brushed 27T 540
TransmissionForward and Reverse
Drive System4 Wheel Drive
Length360mm
Width200mm
Height112mm
Wheelbase260mm
Ground Clearance4.5mm
Chassis TypePlastic
ShocksAluminum Body Oil Filled
Speed ControlBrushed ESC
Battery7.2v 1800mAh NiMh & Charger Included
Radio System2.4GHz Radio System

Teodoras 01-19-2015 04:22 AM

Delete

RcxZone 01-19-2015 04:44 AM

why delete? i can ask a serious question? im a nitro guy i know nothing of electric drift cars. i herd conflicting stories of witch one of these 3 are better. so i ask and you post delete? REALLY WTF IS THIS FORUM FOR THEN?

skater-deez1 01-19-2015 04:51 AM

Go with the shaft drive, just fewer headaches if you wanna take it outdoors.:nod:

Teodoras 01-19-2015 04:55 AM

Jeez, i just wrote that you should buy yokomo dib rs because none of these are good, but then i read that you work with company that makes these cars so i deleted my message.

Salkin 01-19-2015 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by RcxZone (Post 13791636)
why delete? i can ask a serious question? im a nitro guy i know nothing of electric drift cars. i herd conflicting stories of witch one of these 3 are better. so i ask and you post delete? REALLY WTF IS THIS FORUM FOR THEN?

It is commonly used by users to replace original text with e.g. "delete" or "please delete post", to get the admin to delete a post.

RcxZone 01-19-2015 05:11 AM

ok then sorry.....

i herd someone else say belt drive was better?

i found these are these any good? i mean they are HPI BUT... KINDA cheap fpr an HPI
rcdriftcar.net/shop
rcdriftcar.net/shop/hpi-racing-2005-ford-mustang-gt-r.html
rcdriftcar.net/shop/hpi-racing-1965-ford-shelby-gt-350.html

ic-racer 01-19-2015 07:45 AM

Shaft drive.

RcxZone 01-19-2015 08:14 AM

of course i have, im looking at all my options if there is a better drift car out there i want it. i herd some are better than others i herd brushless or harder to drift than brushed i also herd shaft is not as good as belt and vise versa. im a nitro guy, im just getting into drifting so im asking advice from people already in it. im not looking to get the cheapest out there. i think i amm going to go with the hpi mustang version. since the redcat 911 is out of stock. i herd the thunder drift is better than the lightniing but i herd the lightning epx pro brushless is better so i have no freakin clue now. im prolly going with an hpi..