Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vegas Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This is just my opinion, but the excuses for a pro driver not making his main because he was out partying too late is just bull. If you're a pro and at an event like this, you're being paid to be there, this is your job.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
I am not by no means at that level of some of the guys that skipped out, but I think they should also run. I know their sponsors flew them out to make the A, and some consider anything else a failure, but there is recognition to be gained in winnin lower mains.

How many times have you heard people talk about, "did you see so-and-so's run in the C main, that would have put him _ in the A if he could have done that in qualifying."

I thought it was cool as hell to watch Billy Easton run the E main at the snowbirds with only him and one other person. You could tell that she was having a blast, and I'm sure it's an RCmemory to last. Both of them had a smile when the race was over,and that was great sportsmanship and PR for Losi, even if it was the "E".

Brandon, There were 3 people in that heat Billy, Toni (my daughter) and Mark Snook. Mark broke after the 2/3 lap. Billy and Toni put on a great show and had FUN!!!!!!!!!!! There were other drivers who had made that main who didn't race!! Sorry about their luck as the 2 who did had a great time!!!!! Billy is a class act !!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brandon: That was one of the best mains run at the Snowbirds. There were almost as many people watching the E-Main as the A. Billy even signed his plaque and gave it to Toni after the trophy presentation. At the awards Toni was joined by Matt Francis, McMoney, Andrew Gray and Eddie Garrison who took the places of the the trophy girls. She did have a blast that day thanks to some of the best racers in the hobby!!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Just to clarify, it was actuall the F-Main, lol. But yes, it was a lot of fun and I had a blast.

Brandon - thanks for bringing that one up. Glad to see that so many other people find that as memorable as I do, lol. See you next week
Old 09-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Here ya go:

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/snow2006/n139.jpg
Old 09-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Mike thanks for bringing that picture back to life. Lucky you!!!!!! all 3 of of us are going to the birds in Feb. They had so much fun last year that I'm taking the week off from work and going over to race also. cya!!!!! If you need a car for the nats I have an x-ray you can use!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

i have never raced at a major event, only local club racing, but even at my level if one of the fast guys didnt run in the main cuz he felt there were no competition for him, id have a few words for him that would probably be frowned upon, i think somtimes these guys forget that this is just toy car racing and without us nerds there nobody... to everyone else in the mainstream im sure they can go to a supermarket and not get mobbed by people saying ohhh there goes so and so, didnt he just win the toy car racing championships of the universe... please they need to relise were the few they need to impress upon, hell im a pretty big fan and i think if marc reinhard walked past me in the mall id never know unless hes wereing a tamiya shirt!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Munno's rule!!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

The way I look at it is...I'm in this main because I didn't do well earlier. I believe I'm better than this and should have made the A. Next time I will, but I'm gonna go out there and prove it to everyone and myself

Oddly enough, I haven't qualified lower than 8th in any race since I started running Expert last season
Old 10-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Oddly enough there were only 8 drivers in the race.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:44 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
All kidding aside, if the pro driver wants to be treated like a professional he has to act like one.
Thank you Rick.

It was a pleasure to see SAKKE AHONIEMI run the F-main. He had a horriable weekend in the Mod Foam class and didn't finish a qualifier. True Profesional.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

what could be worse then not running the lower mains???? how about not even coming to the trophy presentation for your SECOND place "A" main finish. now talk about being a poor sport. and I know there wasn't any thing that could of kept him from being there.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

McMoney with a handful at the birds!
Old 10-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
what could be worse then not running the lower mains???? how about not even coming to the trophy presentation for your SECOND place "A" main finish. now talk about being a poor sport. and I know there wasn't any thing that could of kept him from being there.
Which class? Or you could just say who
Old 10-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Team CRC
McMoney with a handful at the birds!
Typical!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.