Wiki Posts
Search

Vegas Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Vegas Race

I was looking at the results..Anyone else notice how many Pro level drivers did not run there mains???

I saw alot of big names down the list.. Its a shame they did not run there mains.. Thats one thing i dont like at big races.. If I didnt run a main, id lose some of my sponsors.. it should be the same for them..
Old 09-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I have heard tons of reasons for why some of the sponsored guys didnt make their main.

Everything from oversleeping, to being hungover, to electronics problems to problems with motors and glitches.

You know what they say "We'll get them next time!".........
Old 09-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know one reason is if they didn't make the A why bother.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chill Will
I know one reason is if they didn't make the A why bother.
I think that is poor sportsmanship but that is only my opinion.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:17 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

There were some unsponsered drivers in those mains that were pretty happy about it.

So in all fairness it gives that sportsman driver running with the pros a nice trophy and memories of vegas. So these guys were being generous by not running there mains.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TCR
There were some unsponsered drivers in those mains that were pretty happy about it.

So in all fairness it gives that sportsman driver running with the pros a nice trophy and memories of vegas. So these guys were being generous by not running there mains.
You are kidding, right?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TCR
So these guys were being generous by not running there mains.
I'd be dissed if I made a main that had a top name driver who didn't run b/c he thought he was too good to be on the track with me.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I know some of them that made mains with the same car later in the day didnt want to sacrifice their cars. But definatley not all of them. I say if your not on your way home you should run. I'm always trying to go faster than the last time.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yea a year from now when no one remembers the exact specifics you'll be able to be sitting in a bar picking up on chicks saying "Yea I beat so-and-so at the worlds indoor championships" ...and you won't be lying
Old 09-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am not by no means at that level of some of the guys that skipped out, but I think they should also run. I know their sponsors flew them out to make the A, and some consider anything else a failure, but there is recognition to be gained in winnin lower mains.

How many times have you heard people talk about, "did you see so-and-so's run in the C main, that would have put him _ in the A if he could have done that in qualifying."

I thought it was cool as hell to watch Billy Easton run the E main at the snowbirds with only him and one other person. You could tell that she was having a blast, and I'm sure it's an RCmemory to last. Both of them had a smile when the race was over,and that was great sportsmanship and PR for Losi, even if it was the "E".
Old 09-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

I missed my 12th main because it was at 7:00 am and I was up drinking at the bj tables all night. My roomate did try and get me up but it just wasn't happening. I did make my sedan run which was later in the day though. Didn't finish the run but I started it.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I think sponsored drivers who don't run their main, because they didn't make the "A", does not promote the hobby. Running these toy cars is about having fun, so what kind of message does that practice send....
Old 09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

But sometimes there are some extenuating circumstances that puts you in a position of just not being able to run your main...like going out for a "few" the night before and then praying to the porcelain god, when you awake for your "J" main....
Old 09-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug D
But sometimes there are some extenuating circumstances that puts you in a position of just not being able to run your main...like going out for a "few" the night before and then praying to the porcelain god, when you awake for your "J" main....
All kidding aside, if the pro driver wants to be treated like a professional he has to act like one.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Rick - Kidding aside, couldn't agree more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.