Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 Acceleration Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default SC10 Acceleration Help

Maybe I posted to the wrong forum originally, so I'm asking in this forum (no one responded to my original one in the Oval group).

I have a question. I'm running an SC10 on a flat Oval Carpet Track. The problem I'm having is with acceleration. The guys I race against have tons of acceleration from their cars. I have the same motor and ESC as those guys. Basically a 7.5 turn motor. My acceleration is decent, but theirs is better. Now I know I can go into my ESC and change the timing boost, etc to get more
acceleration but I don't think that will work. My problem is the more power I put to the wheels the more it wants to pop a wheelie. So of course I then adjust the slipper to not pop the wheelie, but now whatever additional acceleration I potentially created is gone because I had to adjust the slipper to not pop the wheelie. I have tried moving my battery position to closer to the front and adding some weights to the front to help, but that barely made a difference. My shock oil in the right front and back left are 60 and the left front and right rear is 40, to account for turning left. Should
I maybe increase the oil weight and put more spring tension in the rear shocks. My springs are the grey Team Associated springs for the back and I don't have them compressed much. I have space delimiters in the
shocks since I'm running a flat oval and don't need much suspension for jumps, etc.

I feel pretty stupid about this since there are so many things to change. I can never seem to get it right. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks