R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Practice helps too but then again everyone wants a trophy these days no matter how may classes or rules they create.
Practice is of course good, this isn't about more classes or trophies for everyone. Our club now stock as our sedan racing class and have dropped mod entirely. Attendance is up and lot of people are finishing in lower heats than before and everyone is having fun. What this is about is making stock class less expensive and easier to tech. Removing the ability to buy an advantage means that it comes down to practice and preparation (which is what it comes down to anyways, but it fixes the perception).
Old 01-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Practice is of course good, this isn't about more classes or trophies for everyone. Our club now stock as our sedan racing class and have dropped mod entirely. Attendance is up and lot of people are finishing in lower heats than before and everyone is having fun. What this is about is making stock class less expensive and easier to tech. Removing the ability to buy an advantage means that it comes down to practice and preparation (which is what it comes down to anyways, but it fixes the perception).

There will always be the ability to buy an advantage, its called progression. There will always be a motor of the month then an esc that some fast guy used in some big event that everyone wants. There will always be someone out their figuring something out to get a bit more speed out of the car. Heck just look at the hoopla the latest motor checkers has created now with guys seeing their motors timing is off. Whats next, everyone has to buy a motor when they get to the track to be sure no one is fixing them to run better?

When oval went 4cell people thought it would end the battery wars we had with 6cell and all it did was create higher priced 4cell packs. Then when the fast guys still won and the slow guys didn't they wanted to use spec tires. Guess what it didn't matter .... because the fast practices, setup their cars and still won. The slow did 1 of two things, either practiced and setup up their cars or threw them in their bags at the end of the night and complained. Hell I remember shortly after I got out of racing hearing rumors touring car wanted to go 5cell like the Euros to slow them down but then rubber came out and that helped for a bit. Now look at us. (my time frame may be off on that but I remember the rumors)

Attendance may be up (and im all for that for club racing believe me) and more people may be finishing a race but that's because the cars (im willing to bet) match their ability levels at the moment. Put the time and effort into learning and practicing and Im willing to bet some of those lower main finishing guys now could be good enough to run mod again and do well.

Again im all up for helping attendance and doing what ever to help club racing survive. Everytime this talk comes up I just think about the people who complain are always the the ones who pull up to the track and unroll their pit space and the car still has the same leaky shocks and carpet on their cars from the week before. You cant tell me they actually tried to make their car better.

I practice my ass off and have done for anything I race - to have people say I should use something to make me slower just because they cant handle their own car burns. Penalize those who work hard because those who don't cant win? Sorry for the winded post .....
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote