R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Then you just break the chubs and so-on. The xray hard bumper makes a huuuge difference in durability. I didnt break anything outdoors but clicktrack was a little rough on the car. i don't think i ever killed an arm or axle or anything but lots of chubs and steering blocks. Some hingpins ect.
It would be nice to see more from this car as i think the industry really needs this middle ground price point. The cost of going racing is getting a little bit silly particularly spec class racing.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #77
Tech Elite

We'll see. I am gonna race this car in the 13,5T stock class. If they reinforce the plastic parts with graphite it will be much stronger.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:51 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

who knows if you will see anything more from spec r on this platform. you can continue to buy the parts from rcmart ect though i can attest the tc7 parts are very strong and seem to drop right in for the most part. best of luck.
i tried to run tamiya marc reinhard setups for the most part. seemed to translate pretty well to this car. that was in 17.5 and some mod but on carpet. the kit setup wasn't too bad on asphalt.
but i would suggest checking out associated setups if only cause the arm mount insert system is similar and you can prob get the car to behave very similar. spec r never posted a lot of setup sheets so i was always on my own. at the time my skills with carsetup weren't and kind of still aren't amazing.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote