R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Tekin Rs Pro vs. Rs gens! HELP!

I'm new back to racing after being out sometime. Just moved to lipos and had a lot to learn when it came to my 1/12th scale. And I still do. If anyone out there can help out newbies like myself it would be appreciated. I just bought a new gen2 and replaced my rs pro. I'm thinking this might not have been the right move. But I read my Rs pro didn't like or wasn't meant to handle the 7.4 receiver pack. Please advise. I cant be the only one out there and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out the. And suggestions or tricks or anything a newbie might be missing. Thank you so much. Compare the two esc for me if you can.
Cburms76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cburms76 View Post
I'm new back to racing after being out sometime. Just moved to lipos and had a lot to learn when it came to my 1/12th scale. And I still do. If anyone out there can help out newbies like myself it would be appreciated. I just bought a new gen2 and replaced my rs pro. I'm thinking this might not have been the right move. But I read my Rs pro didn't like or wasn't meant to handle the 7.4 receiver pack. Please advise. I cant be the only one out there and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out the. And suggestions or tricks or anything a newbie might be missing. Thank you so much. Compare the two esc for me if you can.
Both can run 1s just fine. The lipo rx pack isn't the best choice simply because the voltage is too high. Even too high for most servos. Most use the 6.6v li-fe pack for this reason. The voltage is correct.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,KoPropUSA,JConcepts,Avid RC,MIP,SikLidz,ImagineItGraphx, FactoryRC, B-fast, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

2s lipo receiver packs work brilliantly if you wire it into the switch. Unfortunately I don't have the diagram saved on this computer but it's on this site somewhere.

Here's a link to one I sold with a pic:

Tekin RS with 1s setup.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

I currently run an rsx with a 5.5 motor. Using a dynamite life pack from amain for receiver pack. It has a built in switch. Finally got my settings right and it's lots of fun. I was using the rspro before this.
colin
colin storey is offline   Reply With Quote